Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2005.06.07, 07:00 PM   #1
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

SLC Mini R/C Summer Championship Race Three

The third event of the SLC Mini R/C Championship will be held this coming Thursday June 9th. Right now the weather forecast is looking positive, so we will most likely be at Brian's at 6:00. However, his lawn will most likely be soaked, so he might want us back on the driveway this week rather than on the back porch. Even if it's cloudy and we have the occasional shower on Thursday I think we'll try and still run at Brian's, I have a tarp I can throw on the track to keep it dry during rain breaks if need be.

If we end up having steady rain that time in the day we'll meet at my garage at 6:30.

David
Old 2005.06.07, 08:22 PM   #2
briankstan

sounds like a good plan, see everyone on Thursday

Brian
Old 2005.06.15, 11:40 PM   #3
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

The event results and updated championship standings have been posted to the website. www.slcminirc.homestead.com

David
Old 2005.06.16, 12:55 AM   #4
TITANIUM
ready to race...

You’re all so close but so far away....

p.s. I was in slc today and talked to Ben down at west valley hobbies...I talked him into committing to the SLC august GTG that I will also attend....(he will borrow mine or your all cars for racing)...( I know Ben from the WVC 10th scale days 1995-1999)
TITANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.16, 02:55 PM   #5
TITANIUM
ready to race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUM
You’re all so close but so far away....
I meant for me to join-in on the racing....not your point standings....(I hope no offence was taken)
Old 2005.06.16, 11:21 PM   #6
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

I knew what you meant. That would be cool to have Ben along as well, or anybody that want's to join. Maybe it would make more sense to hold a special gtg on a Friday or Saturday. I'd imagine that would make it easier for you.

We still on for the 24th in Cedar City? I tell ya, I'm more than ready for a road trip!

David
Old 2005.06.17, 12:21 AM   #7
TITANIUM
ready to race...

Yes, we are still on with the Cedar City GTG....I almost changed plans to go to Houston for the race down there...but it’s a long story....
Anyway...we should have a guy named Guy, yourself, & me racing....
I will e- you some addresses & numbers....

p.s. the SLC August GTG will defiantly need to be a Friday evening...I just don’t know which one yet...I would need to leave by 9pm though...so the earlier in the evening to start the better....in fact everybody should call in sick for the whole Friday afternoon so we can start very early.....
Old 2005.06.17, 10:16 AM   #8
bbeattie

Full overhaul

With everyone making changes at previous races to bodies and setup, I've given in and joined the club. I'm still doing research on bodies for the 02mm but I haven't picked a new one yet. Most people state the Enzo performs better, which is too bad, since I don't really like that body, or other MM bodies. So, I put some racing stripes and decals on it. I just hope it's not too much like Lukes now... What else can you do to a red car besides white stripes?

I've also cleaned the whole thing out and reworked the entire setup on the car. Shaved out the only rear cabon h-plate I have to make it softer, removed the spacer below the rear h-plate to get the backend to sit lower. The front is lowered, stiffer springs and so on. I've also been tweaking with the rear setup to get the car to stop spinning out, which became a huge problem at this race, after months of decent racing. I am about to say it's impossible to get the car to turn at the same rate both directions regardless of throttle. I'm no pro setup artist, so if anyone has some steps to get a car to run straight without power torquing, being able to have it turn at the same rate in either direction (Impossible for me so far) and also turn at the same rate when letting off the throttle and pushing on the trottle while turning, that would help. I'm going over to Brians tomorrow to run a bunch of different setups... (I really want to have it setup so turning right has the same results as turning left... The more similar the better I can drive).

Anyway.. I want first.
bbeattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.19, 12:37 AM   #9
TITANIUM
ready to race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeattie
What else can you do to a red car besides white stripes?

pink potka-dots
Old 2005.06.19, 12:48 AM   #10
TITANIUM
ready to race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkin

We still on for the 24th in Cedar City? I tell ya, I'm more than ready for a road trip!

David
you have my phone number from my e-mail right?...give me a call...when you get in town...
right now im in Reno doing some work...I will be back Tuesday....
I will get everything ready for the GTG....(this coming Friday...)
I hope I can get the warehouse....it depends on if equipment is out of the way or not....otherwise....its going to be in my garage...yuk!
I read that you plan on 8pm.....that’s fine...but, anytime is ok with me...im free all Friday......(I will be starting much earlier than 8pm...I don’t get much run time in...but when I do, I like to go for hours & hours...sometimes a whole day...but that’s rare...)
Old 2005.06.19, 12:11 PM   #11
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

Ya, I've got your number. I'll probably call Thursday night.

There are some artists playing during the day Friday and into the evening that I want to see, that's why 8:00 pm.

David
Old 2005.06.22, 01:14 AM   #12
TITANIUM
ready to race...

ok, we will be in the warehouse!!!!....
lots more room !!!!
the warehouse is just a mile away from the park grovefest will be held at....
if you want to do any Z'ing other than fridaynight just call me....im free this Saturday also!
Old 2005.06.23, 12:47 AM   #13
davkin
Master of My Mini Domain

Quote:
Cool. I'm all packed and ready to leave early in the morning.

Quote:
if you want to do any Z'ing other than fridaynight just call me....im free this Saturday also!
I don't think I'll have much if any extra time on Saturday. I'm planning on doing some R/C rock crawling at Three Peaks Friday afternoon.

David
Old 2005.06.25, 09:58 PM   #14
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUM
lots more room !!!!
the warehouse is just a mile away from the park grovefest will be held at....
Well, how did it go? I'm tired here from spending the last two days at the track. Though it looks like my CP Cup Car, it's just a little bit larger.

Old 2005.06.29, 12:03 PM   #15
TITANIUM
ready to race...

you missed out here...fun time racing!