Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.11.15, 12:21 PM   #31
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpzx3 View Post

I have also came up to Philip regarding the "live lap tracker" and he simply said that I had the wrong version Android firmware and brushed me off, which I in fact keep updated every time it warns me there is an update to install. Again maybe thats not how he meant to have approached the problem, but it seems like he didn't care much of helping. I would have assumed he would be the most willing to help or at least direct me to the right person to talk to if he doesn't have the time to help himself.
Instead of just physically turning his back to me.
Hey Tony, what are you talking about?? you came up ask for Zround Android not work for your phone, did you pass your PHONE on my hand? I hold your phone try to check all setting is it correct, finally still not working only on your phone, Zround told me before only work for version 2.3 or above, so I ask you what Android version you using in your phone, you said should be updated, I'm not a CELL PHONE PROGRAMMER, so I told you I know how to fix it, is it what I did for "Brushed You Off"?

Dealing the race all my 90% time to control the lap timing system, 5% is practice and 5% is race, even I don't have anytime to setup my car, is it I'm not helping anyone or customer? that's why I sponsor Grant and Chad to help everyone in the race.

If dealing the race, I didn't help or good help anyone then make they not happy, I will say sorry about that.

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting

Last edited by PNracing; 2012.11.15 at 12:25 PM.
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 12:25 PM   #32
Sinister_Y

At the end of the day, a prize (financial or otherwise), even though a write-off for business purposes, has to come from receivables (i.e. profit from income).

In this day and age, revenue streams have declined significantly as people’s disposable income has decreased and as such, bottom lines become smaller.

The bottom line is smaller budgets to work with for promotional purposes, let alone operating costs for a business.

Out of operating costs, manufacturers spend significant budget to develop and produce new parts. So it's always a very complex matter as to what you allocate to.

My message and mantra; be grateful for what exists as it might not be there tomorrow.

Support your local hobby shop/club/track, Mini-Z manufacturers and this forum.

Last edited by Sinister_Y; 2012.11.15 at 12:31 PM.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 12:37 PM   #33
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Some information here.

2004 when we make first PN race at New York, the each class winner got a airfare ticket to Spain for race.

2007 all international drivers to Portugal world finals is free hotel.

2006 all prizes only for top 3 drivers, so from 2007 we changed to all prizes for raffle, make everyone have chance to win the prizes instead only top 3 drivers.

2012 $40.00 entry fee including handout motor and T-shirt, we pay for mall rental cost, chair table and driver stand rental, security guard 2 over night charges.

Old 2012.11.15, 12:51 PM   #34
rncrabb

Quote:
Ken and Grant do a great job with supporting PN and helping fellow racers, but they can only do so much when the owner himself isn't willing to give back to the community.
My radio completely died on Friday during practice and Philip went out of his way to loan me his personal radio so I could stay in the event. This is the kind of person he is. He is always trying to help fellow racers. His team drivers Grant, Chad and Rommel also helped me tune the radio so my cars would be balanced. The PN team are true ambassadors to the sport and they do their best to make sure new drivers enjoy Mini-Z racing.
rncrabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 12:52 PM   #35
bcpzx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNracing View Post
Dealing the race all my 90% time to control the lap timing system, 5% is practice and 5% is race, even I don't have anytime to setup my car, is it I'm not helping anyone or customer? that's why I sponsor Grant and Chad to help everyone in the race.

If dealing the race, I didn't help or good help anyone then make they not happy, I will say sorry about that.
Philip, have you tried the I-lap system? It seems to be quite a easy to use program, many local racers are able to control it themselves, I have not seen the owner at the local track struggle or spend too much time with the I-lap program. Sorry that you had to spend most of your time controlling the Lap timing system over the past weekend, hopefully you will eventually figure it out so you can spend more time working on your car, driving, and help PN customers.

It is unfortunate that we were not able to be on the same page this past weekend.
bcpzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 01:09 PM   #36
phea
Dexterous

Send a message via AIM to phea
After thinking more about this topic I came to realize that the bottom line is... Mini-Z drivers race mini-z because they love the scale and community that is in it. I believe this is the cheapest competitive on-road scale where you are able to get the most track time to have fun to test/tune and practice. For instance a local fast R/C driver has been tuning with me everyday for two weeks prior the worlds race and his mindset for after the race was to sell all his mini-z gear and focus on larger scales. But after spending so much time at the track with and learning new setups with others that shared the same interest. He ultimately decided that hes not going to sell everything because he's actually having fun spending day in and out playing mini-z's!

Mini-Z's will never be as competitive as larger scales because there is really no money in it in the first place. Sure prizes @ the worlds for winners and such would be great, but that is not what got the racers in. Plus you do have the option to attend or not, but not attending hurts the community more because in the end your not supporting your local track and companies like PN where they take their time to bring the only annual world race.

Last edited by phea; 2012.11.15 at 01:25 PM.
phea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 01:13 PM   #37
bcpzx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phea View Post
He ultimately decided that hes not going to sell everything because he's actually having fun spending day in and out playing mini-z's!
I may have to disagree, I believe this person has decided to not quit yet is because he got pwned by you.
bcpzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 01:25 PM   #38
phea
Dexterous

Send a message via AIM to phea
Ultimately if there was prizes for flight tickets to the next worlds, those costs will be pushed to the customers and heck maybe even the host. Those costs means customers would have to buy more PN parts for the "PN AND KYOSHO parts only" type of worlds race. I didn't realize this before, but the Atomic Regionals in 08 & 09 for the plane tickets to worlds in HK, racers had to build cars with all Atomic parts.

For myself, I like to choose parts from different manufactures to see what works for me. But if everyone has expendable income (I don't )to build cars all by one company then i'm sure plane airfare/prizes are a possibility. But if everyone has that type of money, why not just pay for yourself to attend and in turn get a better racing experience with cars built with ideal parts from all manufactures. What does the community think of this? Because I think this is where the thread is heading towards....
Old 2012.11.15, 01:28 PM   #39
PNracing

Quote:
Philip, have you tried the I-lap system? It seems to be quite a easy to use program, many local racers are able to control it themselves, I have not seen the owner at the local track struggle or spend too much time with the I-lap program. Sorry that you had to spend most of your time controlling the Lap timing system over the past weekend, hopefully you will eventually figure it out so you can spend more time working on your car, driving, and help PN customers.

It is unfortunate that we were not able to be on the same page this past weekend.
iLap is hardware, we talking about the software, the Zround is support iLap too.

Your question not on lap timing system, in this event no any problem for the race and result, even I resort all the round just need 5 mins, the question is Binh didn't have time to learn this program, so that's why I told him I can handle all the time don't worry. The Zround Android is newer function by Zround owner Jesus, they have no any changes on the keep develop new function, are RC Scoring Pro they make this new function and real time online on web site, may be they have it, but should need to pay.

Old 2012.11.15, 01:31 PM   #40
danjoyy25

Here is my 2 cents. I am a new Mini-Z fanatic, but have been racing 1/10 electrics since the 90's so I can tell you guys you are lucky to have a big event such as the PNWC. It cost money to organised and run this events and to also provide in person the customer service to anyone in the events is just time consuming. I just don't know how this Phillip guy can do it + seeing negative responses from other members asking for prices for the next event.

I started the Western Zydney Racer club here in Sydney, Australia. I imported all the RCP tracks and the Ilaps timing and Im almost out $3K. I also have to hire an venue to host our race meet every 2 weeks so I pay for that as well. I have to transport the RCP tracks to the venue and setup everything before everyone arrives. Iam lucky to see a few guys in the venue to help me setup in the tracks. I run the race meets as well. I also get bombarded with questions about setup by all the racers. I charge all racers $10.00 to race. After all that, I made $10.00 last meet. It is no world championships but if any of the racers come up to me and complain of no prizes, I would probably just go psycho

Last edited by danjoyy25; 2012.11.15 at 01:34 PM.
danjoyy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 01:33 PM   #41
PNracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by phea View Post
Ultimately if there was prizes for flight tickets to the next worlds, those costs will be pushed to the customers and heck maybe even the host. Those costs means customers would have to buy more PN parts for the "PN AND KYOSHO parts only" type of worlds race. I didn't realize this before, but the Atomic Regionals in 08 & 09 for the plane tickets to worlds in HK, racers had to build cars with all Atomic parts.

For myself, I like to choose parts from different manufactures to see what works for me. But if everyone has expendable income (I don't )to build cars all by one company then i'm sure plane airfare/prizes are a possibility. But if everyone has that type of money, why not just pay for yourself to attend and in turn get a better racing experience with cars built with ideal parts from all manufactures. What does the community think of this? Because I think this is where the thread is heading towards....
This is what we want to said by your mouth, if we doing ONLY PN and Kyosho parts in the race, I don't think we will have 8 year PNWC, instead of only 2009. That's why we have many oversea drivers spend over 1500.00 to PNWC.

Old 2012.11.15, 04:06 PM   #42
blt456

Someone pass the popcorn!!!!!!!!
blt456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 04:07 PM   #43
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoyy25 View Post
Here is my 2 cents. I am a new Mini-Z fanatic, but have been racing 1/10 electrics since the 90's so I can tell you guys you are lucky to have a big event such as the PNWC. It cost money to organised and run this events and to also provide in person the customer service to anyone in the events is just time consuming. I just don't know how this Phillip guy can do it + seeing negative responses from other members asking for prices for the next event.

I started the Western Zydney Racer club here in Sydney, Australia. I imported all the RCP tracks and the Ilaps timing and Im almost out $3K. I also have to hire an venue to host our race meet every 2 weeks so I pay for that as well. I have to transport the RCP tracks to the venue and setup everything before everyone arrives. Iam lucky to see a few guys in the venue to help me setup in the tracks. I run the race meets as well. I also get bombarded with questions about setup by all the racers. I charge all racers $10.00 to race. After all that, I made $10.00 last meet. It is no world championships but if any of the racers come up to me and complain of no prizes, I would probably just go psycho

just go psycho, some people deserve it
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 04:10 PM   #44
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Someone pass the popcorn!!!!!!!!
and someone change the thread title to "daggers, it's always nice to get one in the back" lol
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.15, 06:06 PM   #45
imxlr8ed

When we had our PN regional years ago, Phil was moving non-stop the entire weekend! When the printer we had died, he went out and bought us a new one right away! (I still have that printer and yes it still works!). The guy just put forth a tremendous effort and it's something that stuck with me all this time. I had him sign the PN Banner he gave us and it still hangs above our track today.

Doubt you'll find many haters here, either we're all brainwashed or he's just that much of an asset to our community!

Prizes are obviously awesome though, but since I rarely make it to an a-main anymore, I really have no issue with it.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote