Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.08.05, 05:43 AM   #1
herman

1/32 wws cars....

has anybody heard of these cars?

check this thread out 1/32 wws... soo cool

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...969#post178969

http://www.wws-racing.de/Pics/32_2_gr.jpg

another kind... don't know if it's the same though...

http://www.intrepidrc.com./CRT.html
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.05, 07:30 AM   #2
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Wws 1/32

Herman,

Those are awesome
Can't wait to see the cost and availabilty. I see they have a fibreglass chassis, it looks fairly progressive.
I reckon it will use the run of the mill micro electronics..

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.05, 10:43 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
a bit too pricey for me
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.05, 11:27 PM   #4
herman

yep... a bit too pricey... $100+++ and no electronics is a bummer... it's not exactly what you would consider a toy either... from the site:

Parts needed to complete the kit:
Servo: The Hitec HS50 fit?s well. Any servo of this size or smaller should work. We have used larger servos but you must make sure the front tires do not hit it.

Receiver: We have used the Novak XXL receivers and the MPX Pico ¾ Receiver. Any RC receiver of this size or smaller should work.

Transmitter: You transmitter must match up to the receive you install in the car

Speed controller: We have found the Twister speed controller to work best as it is very small and works nicely on 4.8 volts. Any Speed controller that is similar in size and works on 4.8 volts should be fine. (Aktiv Shop Twister Reverse ESC: This is the smallest ESC we have found with proportional forward, Brake and reverse functions that includes a set-up button. Easily handles a 7.2v battery and 180 style motor! $58.00)

Battery: The typical battery pack used is 4 AAA 700 Mah pack that must be purchased and assembled buy the buyer. Other batteries will work as long as they fit in the chassis. Typical run time with this battery combination is 30 minuets.

Body: The majority of 1/32-scale slot car bodies fit the chassis nicely. The chassis can be adjusted for many wheel bases. The Revell Easy kit bodies fit nice with little modification. All slot car bodies and Revell bodies will need to be modified to fit the chassis.

it would be nice to put one together... i'd like to see a vid of it vs. a hopped up miniz.... hehehe....
Old 2004.08.06, 03:53 PM   #5
T Man
Mini-Z Sensei

The CRT car is totally different than the new WWS car and will probably ultimately prove to be more expensive.
T Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.21, 04:21 PM   #6
Dutch Mini Racer
sgpsimracing.com

Send a message via MSN to Dutch Mini Racer
Damn i would love to have one of these!!

maybe you could use the mini-z pcb on it? only the servo would be a problem i think...

Grtz

MR02 rm Esso Ultraflo Supra
F1 Williams BWM #3 Montoya
Mirco-T specialized forum @ [url]
Dutch Mini Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.25, 04:00 PM   #7
fast4buy
Custom Carpet Racer

CRT Mini Carpet Racer

I have one of the CRT "Mini Carpet Racer" cars with a Twister ESC and Jeti Rex5 Receiver.

The cars are really fun to drive on smaller tracks but take a bit of setting up and you have to build them up from a kit. The instructions are good though and I bought the lot from the Manufacturer in Austria, Christian Uitz
Take a look at his website. Christian will answer your questions direct.

http://www.crt-remote.com/

Priced are in Euro.

the WWS model looks interesting too and should bring in a few more 1/32 fans.
The best thig is the range of bodies available from slot cars or the Revell DTM kits

Last edited by fast4buy; 2004.08.27 at 11:08 AM.
fast4buy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.25, 10:57 PM   #8
herman

fast4buy...

saw the site... looks really cool... thanks for the info!!!
how does the crt compare to the wws? which is cheaper? hehehe? but i guess quality comes at a price...

can you post some pics of your crt? would love to see body and chassis pics!!!
how much did it cost you to put it all together?

Last edited by herman; 2004.08.25 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2004.08.26, 02:40 AM   #9
Mondo

Crt 1/32

Awesome, in fact Jon from United RC brought the CRT 1/32's to my attention a while back.
What I want to know is if the CRT 1/32's come with the alloy wheels shown on the website?
I wouldn't fit a 130 sized motor in a 1/32, I'd probably fit a Parma open can 160 sized motor in one of those.
These motors rock and come standard in the legendary Bud Bartos designed and manufactured BRP SC18 1/18th scale pan car.

Old 2004.08.26, 04:11 PM   #10
fast4buy
Custom Carpet Racer

Post CRT MCR Info and Photos

Herman, Mondo
Glad to hear you like the CRT or MCR as I call it.
WWS chassis prices have not been set, but under 100 € is unlikely. At that price they are relatively comparable given the extra alloy parts that come with the CRT MCR
As to differences:
The Mini Carpet Racer has a RM motor with wheel base adjustment at the front and the WWS MM Motor with wheel base adjustment at the rear wheels. It is basically a scaled down WWS 1/24. The MCR comes with alloy components as standard including the Diablo style wheels. There is no plastic apart from the body.
The rear suspension damping is different as well as is are the steering arms.

The quality of the MCR is excellent and there is room for some hop-up work such as lowering the chassis, internal body mounted antenne and wider front track. Not to mention the body possibilities.

We are waiting with interest for the WWS to be released this fall.

A couple of photos are attached of the MCR with Nascar body and an Australian Holden Commodore V 8 touring car body from a slot car set. As an Aussie "in exile" I could not resist getting it.

More photos in my MCR photo collection at:
Some of the photos are from an earlier stage of development but nothing major

Photos MCR

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ingall Commodore angle #3 sm.JPG (32.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Texaco Nascar #2.jpg (82.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by fast4buy; 2004.08.27 at 11:09 AM.
Old 2004.08.26, 08:31 PM   #11
hookedonfonix84

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4buy
Herman, Mondo
Glad to hear you like the CRT or MCR as I call it.
WWS chassis prices have not been set, but under 100 € is unlikely. At that price they are relatively comparable given the extra alloy parts that come with the CRT MCR
As to differences:
The Mini Carpet Racer has a RM motor with wheel base adjustment at the front and the WWS MM Motor with wheel base adjustment at the rear wheels. It is basically a scaled down WWS 1/24. The MCR comes with alloy components as standard including the Diablo style wheels. There is no plastic apart from the body.
The rear suspension damping is different as well as is are the steering arms.

The quality of the MCR is excellent and there is room for some hop-up work such as lowering the chassis, internal body mounted antenne and wider front track. Not to mention the body possibilities.

We are waiting with interest for the WWS to be released this fall.

A couple of photos are attached of the MCR with Nascar body and an Australian Holden Commodore V 8 touring car body from a slot car set. As an Aussie "in exile" I could not resist getting it.

Photos MCR

Michael
Hi I was going to buy the crt 1/32 but didnt have 160 for the kit without electronics. The wws is 1/24 scale not 1/32 scale. And i took one of my 1/32 scale slot cars an put my xmod electronics an modifiyed the front end but have tested it yet because i have to re soder the battery packs on but it looks petty nice.
hookedonfonix84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.27, 09:08 AM   #12
Mondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4buy

Photos MCR

Michael

fast4buy

Thanks for the photos
One more question, do those Revell 1/32 bodies come pre-painted?
The reason I ask is because they all look so good

Old 2004.08.27, 10:47 AM   #13
fast4buy
Custom Carpet Racer

Arrow Revell 1/32 Kits for MCR + Ikinari Mods

Mondo
The Revell kits are pre decorated and moulded in the base colour. Glue in the windows, break off the mirrors , drill mounting holes and stick them on.
The Mercedes fits best IMHO on the MCR.

I just found this link in Mini Z science:
It documents the MCR kit really well and shows some
top MCR modifications from Japan where small is beautiful.

Ikinari rc

Last edited by fast4buy; 2004.08.27 at 03:16 PM. Reason: New info