Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.02.23, 07:50 PM   #16
machine
learning the hard way

Wow decent posts and a civil manner to boot! I though i'd surely get slammed on this one. Funny this post was my original point about the Iwaver Forum.

Quote:
've been an owner and defender of many Iwavers and with all the money I've spent repairing and replacing them I could have had more Kyosho brand cars. Some cars ran fine, most did not, and over time all of my Iwavers failed in some way. However, I love the alloy parts they make. Other than that I;d advise anyone to save your money or buy a used Kyosho because Iwavers are just too much of a gamble....That's not an opinion, it's a matter of fact...I don't see anyone competing in HFAY or OLPS with an Iwaver and if you are you won't sniff the top of the list because your car won't make though the whole race.
what the heck is HFAY and OLPS?
Old 2006.02.23, 08:00 PM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
how fast are you online points series

http://www.howfastareyou.com/
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.24, 12:18 PM   #18
imxlr8ed

Interesting thing here, though they may have a multitude of technical issues... the boards are more powerful than the Kyosho ESCs... I equate the power to a Kyosho ESC with a single layer turbo, but then again... even the power from the Iwaver boards has been inconsistent from board to board... but if someone gets a fast one, and they have good driving skills... look out !

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.25, 07:42 PM   #19
Zephyr von Bobo

I'm going to log into this site every couple of weeks and post my experiences on every single thread I can. I figure if they are asking the question, then they probably haven't seen the same threads where I answered last time.

My friends and I have gone through 6 of the "new style" IW-02s and and I believe we only have two left, but they still have smaller problems and I'm sure their days are numbered as well. I have personally spent a lot of money (relative to me) for nothing but junk. I am so pissed at myself for buying this garbage and I do not want anyone else to experience the same problems I have had. In no way do I feel as though I am out of line (not that anyone stated so) and on the contrary I hope my message some how makes it to Iwaver corporate because they must decide to fix their problems or eventually drop the line.

I guess I do feel bad that you all have to read my negativity on every thread, but blame Iwaver and not myself. Believe me, I wanted my cars to work very badly. I have never even seen a kyosho out of the box let alone play with one so I have no kyosho fanboy chip on my shoulder. All I want is for iwaver to fix their "new style" line, not that it matters though because any dollar I spend on mini rc in the future will be paid to Kyosho.

PS- to make matters worse, this has strained my relationship with my LHS that I have been going to for 23 years. They will not refund my money for the items due to "policy", and the problems have been so consistent with the exchanges that they feel as though I am trying to scam them. I am no longer their customer and that sucks for both of us. I blame the shop for their stance, however it was Iwaver that put us both in that situation.

Last edited by Zephyr von Bobo; 2006.02.25 at 07:46 PM.
Zephyr von Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 09:56 AM   #20
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
I was not fustrated, but dissapointed with this forum cause all I found was K cheerers and that IW was pure **** more or less.

I tried to give my opinion and tell about our experiences using IW. But all I found was guys with "more posts" believing they had the only truth and afirming in every way they could that "K ruled!!!" LOL....

I guess that if the same product is sold by one brand at 10 bucks and 20 by another brand, someone is cheating, robbing or... simply you're not gettin the same product. Perhaps comparing K and IW is like comparing Ferraris with Daewos. But not everybody can afford to buy Ferraris. Nor needs to buy a Ferrari to have fun racing!!!!

Yeah, it's true that to fine tune the Daewo to compete against a Ferrari you'll need to invest money and hard work. But......

OBVIOUSLY THAT I'M TRYING TO MAKE A POINT HERE. I Don't have anything against a Daewo, and I don't intent to compare them to Ferraris..... .

IW's are not ****. I have several models and yes it's true, they very delicate to fine tune. But once you hit the nail on the head.....watch out.

I've read that the IW02 that were sold last year in the US and Europe had a lot of problems, and that's why they quickly were removed from the market by the company and replaced by a newer model. I guess that's a responsible thing to do. Don't you think? All the models recieved and sold here in Argentina had no problems.

Iwaver is not trying to rip people off. I see it as a company offering a second option to what a GIANT like K has the sole marketshare, and improving their quality and offers everyday.

I think that forums are for people to express their opinion freely, but as usual and as it happens in all orders in life, some guys just abuse their freedom and misuseit.

Threads like this Machine, makes this forum a little bit more mature. Maturity also comes with time, so let's help time and make this a better forum, writing not the same stuff over and over again.

Anyway the personality of the forum will be the personality of those that write in it. And there are a lot a great people here. Let them not be overshined by dummies. That's a job for moderators. Deleting repeated posts and banning people it's not bad. It shouldn't be a way of life, but sometimes helps.

Thanks.
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 10:31 AM   #21
Hypocrisy

nice thread!
iwaver has had some quality issues, i think that they wanted their r02 out on the market to fast. it was crap and a new one is coming out, i actually looking forward to see it, i have heard that iwaver has changed their production to a new factory, if thats true then it shows that they are really commited to this hobby.

in the last 3 months i have seen alot of faulty r02`s and even some firelap02 cars (cracked bottom of the chassi and twitchy steering) i myself have a iw mr02 and have been running it since it came out in 2004 (well the only thing that remains of the original car is the electronics and top plate) a friend recently switched his servo in his R02 to a hitec micro, and was quite fast with it so the potential in the car seems to be there.. better quality and K finally has some real competition in the 1/27 market.

if they can step up a notch in quality then they will have a better reputation, and they will surely steal a big part of the market in 1/27 from K.. atleast if you look at a 1-2 year perspective.
Hypocrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.27, 07:32 PM   #22
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
ive said this over and over and over, iwaver is a welcome change. as soon as they can produce a qualoity product (within the u.s. market) i'm sure it will do alot in generating interest in this scale. as many others have stated, lets hope the efforts they have made to improve the quality of the product pay off. a cheap fm car will be a revolutionary thing for this scale.

i will not support banning or deleting threads from anyone unless they are way out of bounds regarding the rules. doing so would make us no better than some other forums that were rediculous with the level of scrutiny, banning and deletions. i don't care if the same person posts his personal experiences 100 times, so long as they are not repeat posts or insulting or other egreegious acts, just read them for what they are. i can't tell you how many times i've been chewed out for deleting threads rather then than complaints regarding not banning or deleting threads. i favor less censorship rather than more.

i may be in the minority but i fell the experienced people here have generally posted an equalized opinion of iwaver. while most have obvious complaints, they typically are quick to point out the benifits of atleast having another player on the field.

leon, while we are all envious of your regions obvious good luck witrh iwaver, the u.s. market has not been so lucky. for whatever reason, their products have not done well here simply due to quality issues. it goes much father than just our forum posts and threads. i think you will find most retails have had similar experiences selling them as we consumers have had using them. please do not discount experiences by others simply because you have had nothing but good iwavers. athough it's less seldom to see quality complaints regarding kysoho, they do exist. they are not without their own quirks but the percentages for both iwaver and kyosho tell an interesting story.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.28, 07:55 AM   #23
Taazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b

leon, while we are all envious of your regions obvious good luck witrh iwaver, the u.s. market has not been so lucky. for whatever reason, their products have not done well here simply due to quality issues.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. The biggest quality issue for me has been the boards. I am pleased with most everything else about the car. It is not about tuning the car. It is about being able to put a non kit motor in the car to make it competitive and have it not lose range.

A box stock Iwaver was a full 3 to 4 seconds slower per lap than an 02 Mini Z with a stock Kyosho motor on the track we ran over the weekend. I do have 1 Iwaver that is running with a replacement Pro board and a stock Kyosho motor. This Iwaver was able to run 2 seconds faster than the box stock Iwaver, but was still at least a second slower than the 02 Z.

My experience is that the newest Iwaver with an equal motor will not beat a Mini Z. My experience is also that you can not even put a stock Kyosho motor in the Iwaver and have the board last. I have had 8 of the newest Iwaver boards so far. Three that came in kits, three stock replacements and two pro replacements. I have one pro board that has survived running a stock Kyosho motor in the car. The other 7 boards have all either immediately, or over a couple of weekends of racing lost all range when running the stock Kyosho motor in them. These cars are treated exactly as my Mini Zs are and I have had no problems with my Mini Zs. I haven't even tried to run hotter Istock or Xspeed motors in the Iwaver and they are frying.

Until this issue is addresed, I can not in good conscience recommend to anyone that they try Iwaver.
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.28, 09:51 AM   #24
Hypocrisy

well to get the R02 fast youll need: faster servo, stiffer plastic with better quality, less slop in the steering and a well working suspension all around, all those thing werent really good without some modifications on the R02, and it seems that it will be fixed on the new kit. and if the new FM electronics works as it should it should be as fast if not faster than a MR02 (when comparing both box stock) and with some options it should be possible to hold up to the modified and tuned mr02`s.. but i guess we`ll see when the kit is unleashed to the market.. would be really nice to spank some mr02`s with a iwaver designed and produced car!
Hypocrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.28, 11:20 AM   #25
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
Quote:
i will not support banning or deleting threads from anyone unless they are way out of bounds regarding the rules. doing so would make us no better than some other forums that were rediculous with the level of scrutiny, banning and deletions. i don't care if the same person posts his personal experiences 100 times, so long as they are not repeat posts or insulting or other egreegious acts, just read them for what they are. i can't tell you how many times i've been chewed out for deleting threads rather then than complaints regarding not banning or deleting threads. i favor less censorship rather than more.
I'm not a supporter to censorship. I said that "IT should NOT be a way of life". Please don't take it as if I'm telling moderators to scratch out people and opinions. I just think that sometimes moderators.... have to moderate the conversations and discussions so that caos doesn't takes over. (hey.. i'm just being a bit exagereted so it's a little more graphical!)

Quote:
leon, while we are all envious of your regions obvious good luck witrh iwaver, the u.s. market has not been so lucky. for whatever reason, their products have not done well here simply due to quality issues. it goes much father than just our forum posts and threads. i think you will find most retails have had similar experiences selling them as we consumers have had using them. please do not discount experiences by others simply because you have had nothing but good iwavers. athough it's less seldom to see quality complaints regarding kysoho, they do exist. they are not without their own quirks but the percentages for both iwaver and kyosho tell an interesting story.
Archie, I know that the US and part of Europe recieved faulty cars. I fully understand that. It's something that's been written over and over and over and over here and other forums. I'm not discarding experiences that are not the same to what we had. Far from that, I just used that to say that the brand's intention wasn't to rob people. To irresponsibly sell crap. All cars with problems were replaced and all cars on the market were removed. Iwaver acted responsively, as a major company that respects customers would do.

Perhaps you are acustomed to that kind of treatment in the US, but it's not a common way of bussiness in the rest of the world.... and removing the deffective product, exchanging manufacturers and introducing a brand new product to worldwide market, is something that not any robber do .....

Perhaps they lack of some big market experience and anouncing new cars long before it's ready to be launched, plays against them. K announced (leaked) info about the AWD only 1 or 2 months before release date. I bet the AWD was already built and tested long before.

Anyway, we're not discussing quality of some product in this thread I guess.... but quality of posts and discussions, right Machine ? Ain't that what was all this thread about? Dissapointment of reading over and over and over the same things ???

Please don't take it personal. It's not aimed to no one in particular.
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/

Last edited by leonen; 2006.02.28 at 11:26 AM.
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.28, 12:19 PM   #26
machine
learning the hard way

Quote:
Anyway, we're not discussing quality of some product in this thread I guess.... but quality of posts and discussions, right Machine ?
exactly.

Maybe a sticky "personnel experiences" would help keep the same opinions front and center. I enjoy reading the questions people post, "why did this happen, can i do this to my car" etc. And i'll usually post and try to help them give them some suggestions and help them move forward. I just hate seeing the general post "Oh you should have saved up and gotten something else" i mean that doesn't help the guy asking the question, it just makes him feel bad that he tried something else. At least try to help him out first, offer a suggection on how to fix his car.

Guys,

I'm not talking about quality of the cars, quality in general or anyway comparing I to K, I'm talking about the same people posting the same thing post after post.
Old 2006.02.28, 01:08 PM   #27
Taazz

I guess the bottom line is that, personally, I am not going to start any additional threads regarding the quality of Iwaver or should you buy or not. However, if there are threads being responded to or started by others I am going to post my experiences and opinions regarding Iwaver even if they have been posted before.

People come to the forums looking for information before they buy and they are entitled to an honest opinon. Just because they didn't use the search function doesn't mean we should not give them the information that they are looking for.

I do agree that opinions and experiences should be shared in and informative and civil manner.
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.02.28, 01:27 PM   #28
byebye

If you've had a good experience then state it. If you haven't don't try and sugar coat crap.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.01, 07:46 PM   #29
Zephyr von Bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonen
I know that the US and part of Europe recieved faulty cars. I fully understand that. It's something that's been written over and over and over and over here and other forums.
What model was this you are refering to? The MR clone or the "new" design IW02?
Zephyr von Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.11, 09:30 AM   #30
SteveR1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr von Bobo
What model was this you are refering to? The MR clone or the "new" design IW02?

My Firelap experience:

Firelap 4.0 #1: bad turning radius next to my MZMs.

Firelap 4.0 #2: arrived with bad range. So far, have been excahnging emails with Toy East for 2 weeks.