Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.12, 10:30 PM   #1
1ofdfew323

About the iWaver Radio ...

I started w/ xmod then moved to mini z. I love pretty much everything on my mr01F and mr02 mm miniz but the radio is what turns me off. I race 1/10 scale rc and have a JR radio. We all know that radio makes a big difference on the cars performance. Now here's what I'd like to know. Can the Radio on the iwaver work on my mini z? I heard it has 10 memory which is really cool.

And if you know anyone that wants to sell the radio by itself please let me know. Thanks...
1ofdfew323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.13, 12:53 AM   #2
Sasquatch

Send a message via MSN to Sasquatch
Yup, will work with no problems, just use the correct crystals and you are ready to go. That 10-model memory is very useful, especially if you have quite a few AM radio cars.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.13, 03:26 PM   #3
AustinMini

I got 1 to on my fire lap I'm just can't figure out how to store the different setups.
Grtz
AustinMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.13, 05:38 PM   #4
Taazz

IMO the radio is the best feature of the Iwaver. There are better radios out there, but I really like the balance of it and it is a vast improvement over the Perfex radios.

I run 2 Iwavers and 3 Zs off of the same radio using the memory funciton. Saves alot of time not having to trim each time. The digital trim is great, much more precise than the dial on the Perfex and you can adjust it during a race without losing control or having to look down.
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.14, 12:03 AM   #5
1ofdfew323

thanks guys. One more thing... I have been playing my mini z at a very slippery surface its like racing a real car on the rain. Im using a 8 deg. rear and 20 deg. tires and too much throttle makes the car slide out of control. I like this track it teaches me and my friends to learn how to control the throttle. Anyways, here's the question. I'm using 7 pinion w/ a stage 2 xmod motor and my throttle trim is set back where there's no reverse. ( meaning if I let go of the thrrotle it locks up the rear tires and cause it to do auto reverse on the second time you (tap) pull the trigger) I do this set up so that I can come up on the turn and release the trigger a lil bit so that I can do static brake on the car to slow it down on the turn but sometimes the rear locks up on me and It causes the rear of the car to slide out and kill my time.

Now, w/ the iwaver radio. Can I set up the radio where I can release the throttle and make the car slow down w/out having the rear wheel locks up on me? Or will it be the same and the manual/stock rtr miniz radio?

Thnaks again...
Old 2006.03.14, 03:59 PM   #6
Taazz

The Iwaver radio has an ABS braking system that will do exactly what you are talking about. Puts drag on by using the motor, but does not lock them up.
Taazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.15, 10:54 AM   #7
1ofdfew323

cool ! Thanks...
Old 2006.04.30, 08:42 AM   #8
GT40Z

I noticed this feature in the book too, but mine just goes into reverse. I have followed the instructions to the letter. Gone to channel 2, set ABS to all positions, but it still goes into reverse on the first push. What am I missing?
GT40Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.15, 04:31 PM   #9
neweraz84

the iwaver controller is pretty awesome, and the foam grip is pretty kool too
neweraz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.15, 06:24 PM   #10
TNB
Pet Human

The new Iwaver transmitter is FM.
Old 2006.07.03, 12:27 PM   #11
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
i still havent figured out how to make different model setups with the 10 model memory. mine didnt come with a book
MINIz guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.03, 12:55 PM   #12
leonen
Scuderia Leone Racing

Send a message via MSN to leonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
The new Iwaver transmitter is FM.
That model hasn't still come out yet!!!! ...
Http://www.ScuderiaLeoneRacing com.ar/
leonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.05, 06:52 AM   #13
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
anyone willing to help me with the 10 model mem?
MINIz guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.05, 07:07 PM   #14
nitrobashinauz

The iwaver radios are alright... if they dont screw up,
out of 3 ive had 1 stopped working completely and 1 doesnt allow right steering
nitrobashinauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.09, 12:15 PM   #15
GiXXer

I just received a nano dragon remote, I'm guessing it's the same remote. The response with the mini-z is great, excpet there seems to be a little glitching and hard to reverse.

Are there options to program smoother reversing? I have to wait a couple seconds at a complete stop before I can reverse.

Also is it normal for the voltage to constantly fluctuate really fast? I'm used to the steady reading on a JR.
GiXXer is offline   Reply With Quote