Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > CP Mini RC Raceway, NY

Old 2004.10.22, 01:28 AM   #31
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by efsee
In case it might be usefull, here are the results of the last test we made at our local races:

Car Type Pinion kmh
1 MR-01 8 25
2 MR-01 7 27
3 MR-01 7 18
4 MR-01 7 25
5 MR-01 7 24
6 MR-01 8 22
7 MR-01 9 25
1 MR-02 8 25
2 MR-02 8 23
3 MR-02 8 29
4 MR-02 7 21
5 MR-02 7 25
6 MR-02 8 28
7 MR-02 8 22
8 MR-02 7 24
9 MR-02 8 24
1 F1 7 27
2 F1 8 27
3 F1 6 20
4 F1 8 25
5 F1 8 25

Results based on all cars with stock ESC and box stock X-Speed engines, with maximum 1.2V batteries. Only factor we did not consider which makes a difference is the number of teeth on the differential gear (42, 41, 40). However, I would say most cars had the stock 42T gear.
I would say "wow that's quite the difference for cars that are similar in performace parts" but i've never trusted that damn speed checker and it's been proven wrong so many times that it's not worth using in my opinion.

If they were (or possibily) are actual numbers, then I feel bad for the people with the slower xspeeds... quality control on those motors really suck
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.22, 07:41 AM   #32
solartech
r/c user

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by efsee
In case it might be usefull, here are the results of the last test we made at our local races:

Car Type Pinion kmh
1 MR-01 8 25
2 MR-01 7 27
3 MR-01 7 18
4 MR-01 7 25
5 MR-01 7 24
6 MR-01 8 22
7 MR-01 9 25
1 MR-02 8 25
2 MR-02 8 23
3 MR-02 8 29
4 MR-02 7 21
5 MR-02 7 25
6 MR-02 8 28
7 MR-02 8 22
8 MR-02 7 24
9 MR-02 8 24
1 F1 7 27
2 F1 8 27
3 F1 6 20
4 F1 8 25
5 F1 8 25

Results based on all cars with stock ESC and box stock X-Speed engines, with maximum 1.2V batteries. Only factor we did not consider which makes a difference is the number of teeth on the differential gear (42, 41, 40). However, I would say most cars had the stock 42T gear.
I would say that there was some big variations,were the all legal?
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.22, 07:43 AM   #33
solartech
r/c user

spur gear

hey by the way who offers differnt size spur gears?
Old 2004.10.22, 07:44 AM   #34
efsee
CMZ El Salvador

In my opinion, the Speed Checker does it's job pretty well for comparison purposes. I would say this difference between cars with similar performance parts just comes to show that there's alot of people who don't care enough for their cars performance. I think that properly breaking-in a motor makes a difference, and most important, using well conditioned batteries. A good set of batteries can make all the difference…
efsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.22, 11:22 PM   #35
mini-z racing
Team Losi

Send a message via AIM to mini-z racing
yeah who makes diffrent sized spur gears? I know mega tech makes one but it is for there diff i think.
www racingcity com
mini-z racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.23, 12:37 AM   #36
efsee
CMZ El Salvador

I know GPM makes 42T, 41T and 40T gears for their both types of differentials: the 6 ball bearing gear and the 12 ball bearing gear. I just don't know where you can find them or if the 6 ball bearing can fit the Kyosho differential, but maybe the shop here can get them if you ask David.
efsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.23, 10:21 PM   #37
solartech
r/c user

speed checker

with a new motor with i was able to turn 33 kph with a nine tooth in my cup car.31 with an 8 tooth.My other motor in question was only turning a 24kph with an 8 tooth pinion.Well it seems the new motor is faster. I dont think top speed will matter as much on the short track, but we will see. I think the batterys and plastic rims along with driving play a more important role.
Old 2004.10.24, 09:38 PM   #38
disruptor10

Thumbs down Teching Cars <speed Checking And Protests

Well i know you all dont want to hear this but every local race or national race i've ever been too there has been a protest rule in effect and car's were Teched after the race was over and thats the national standard so why not stick with it ! The (put your money where your mouth is )protest rule is good.....keeping a fresh motor in the car is good so i hope someone protests me every week. The bottom line is that it's ERIC's track and what he says goes so we will see tomorrow night my friends..remember it's a hobby for FUN ! your results dont really proove anything,Every 1/10th scale electric motor i have is totally diffrent. I say we should be looking for marks on the tabs and checking the magnets and be done with it and if ERIC does'nt feel right doin it i'll be the one to do it ....IM A GOOD BAD GUY...sweet dreams ..see you all on the battlefield tomorrow night !
and by the way if you know of a team driver weather it be Trinity <putnam or whomever ask them how many times they got a bad motor compared to how many times they got a good one and they'll tell you 80% of the time they got crap,mass produced $3.00 to make motors are just that way so we all have to deal with it.WORK ON THE HANDLING ,YOU'LL BE WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME,THAT'S WHAT IT ALL ABOUT ! Just my unwanted .02 cents .....Big Dave race Director extrordinaire !

Last edited by disruptor10; 2004.10.24 at 09:43 PM.
disruptor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.24, 10:01 PM   #39
mini-z racing
Team Losi

Send a message via AIM to mini-z racing
3 bucks for a 10th scale motor, now thats what i call profit see ya tomarrow
www racingcity com
mini-z racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.24, 10:29 PM   #40
solartech
r/c user

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptor10
Well i know you all dont want to hear this but every local race or national race i've ever been too there has been a protest rule in effect and car's were Teched after the race was over and thats the national standard so why not stick with it ! The (put your money where your mouth is )protest rule is good.....keeping a fresh motor in the car is good so i hope someone protests me every week. The bottom line is that it's ERIC's track and what he says goes so we will see tomorrow night my friends..remember it's a hobby for FUN ! your results dont really proove anything,Every 1/10th scale electric motor i have is totally diffrent. I say we should be looking for marks on the tabs and checking the magnets and be done with it and if ERIC does'nt feel right doin it i'll be the one to do it ....IM A GOOD BAD GUY...sweet dreams ..see you all on the battlefield tomorrow night !
and by the way if you know of a team driver weather it be Trinity <putnam or whomever ask them how many times they got a bad motor compared to how many times they got a good one and they'll tell you 80% of the time they got crap,mass produced $3.00 to make motors are just that way so we all have to deal with it.WORK ON THE HANDLING ,YOU'LL BE WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME,THAT'S WHAT IT ALL ABOUT ! Just my unwanted .02 cents .....Big Dave race Director extrordinaire !
Hey my results were just for comparison.My point is that my motor in question was a lot slower than the new one off eric shelf.My old moter was hiting at 24kph my new one hit around 29kph. Hey i am down for put your money where your mouth is! Free motors is good but you know what peaple will just complain and not put up any $$$$.I can make a new motor faster than a good old one. All you need is a good brake it in and oil it. Its hard to cheat when you are limited to the stock esc. A modified motor will burn up a stock fet. A lower wind than an x speed would definetly be harmfull.....Hey like i said we need a drivers meeting for this topic. I am open for anything as ling as every one agrees. I have even mentioned adding weight tho the a-main winners car!. Just remember I have only one 1 more race than you. And andrew would have finished close to me if his car counted all his laps The short track will be a differnt story
Old 2004.10.25, 12:30 AM   #41
disruptor10

Talking

phil , Im not the one that did any complaining about anything.....all i'm saying is that let eric check what he checks and have the protest rule for those who see fit to use it. There will always be talk about the guy who wins every week in any hobby ,I know i've won 1/10th scale gearbox trucks at Ken's 5 weeks in a row and no one no matter what i tell them to make them as fast as me and i'm sure they all think i'm cheating. my truck has been teched several times and i beg em to rip apart the motor but we go by whatever the tech man or shop owner dictates and thats that. i know what the specs say and all that but you'll always have people who thing your illegal when in all actuallity they need to work on there driving and setup skills. Dont sweat it kid,you would'nt have one all those times if i could drive ...LOL
Old 2004.10.25, 09:01 AM   #42
solartech
r/c user

see you tonight
Old 2005.01.06, 05:01 PM   #43
PoorZDriver
I Apex Like poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by solartech
Hmmm you all must be talking about me. Accusing me of cheating. So I should let my motor be torn apart. I won 2 of the past races not every one. Please note others have clocked much faster lap times compaired to me. My laps are very consistant from lap to lap. See for your self. There was never an issue when someone "else" one every single race ,usualy by 2 or more laps, Durring the second winter series in the mod class. But anyways if I am contested and my motor is destoyed and i am only copensated with a new motor i will contest all of the other drivers who have turned much faster laps than me ,,,i know at least three. When i raced 10th scale stock class years ago the contesting rule required $30 to be posted if no cheating was found the accused recived the money not a motor. With your rule any one can accuse some one and you(eric) are liable to suppy a new motor for free. So if some one hass a problem the need to put their money where their mouth is! Or mabey give me a new motor for free mark it or stamp it I will run it on monday and i will win with it.Ok, i will be in saturday if you are intersted.
Phil, your car is really fast... and i know it isnt the motor... soem are just faster than others, and i know of a couple that will beat the pants off of you with the same motor too. skill is a big deal at that track, HUGE even... I have heard rumors about out of town guys that will make all of the local fast guys look silly with similar set ups, i just cant wait to see these guys drive

I will trade professional graphic design and photography services in part or whole for Mini-z's and parts. Pm me for details
PoorZDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.08, 08:13 PM   #44
solartech
r/c user

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorZDriver
Phil, your car is really fast... and i know it isnt the motor... soem are just faster than others, and i know of a couple that will beat the pants off of you with the same motor too. skill is a big deal at that track, HUGE even... I have heard rumors about out of town guys that will make all of the local fast guys look silly with similar set ups, i just cant wait to see these guys drive
this was about my cup car , not my iwaiver. And at the time other guys had a few faster lap times even faster then I ever had. But the differnce was my lap times were consistantly somewhat fast , lap after lap. Not a few good ones then some bad. Just the same lap after lap.
Old 2005.01.08, 11:41 PM   #45
PoorZDriver
I Apex Like poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by solartech
this was about my cup car , not my iwaiver. And at the time other guys had a few faster lap times even faster then I ever had. But the differnce was my lap times were consistantly somewhat fast , lap after lap. Not a few good ones then some bad. Just the same lap after lap.

right on... if i waver does an F1, i will get into the cup car jazz

i will lose my pants in the race however, and love every second of it

I will trade professional graphic design and photography services in part or whole for Mini-z's and parts. Pm me for details

Last edited by PoorZDriver; 2005.01.08 at 11:51 PM.
PoorZDriver is offline   Reply With Quote