Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.03.23, 10:13 PM   #61
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Here is the Tech Rules Table, attached...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HSH Tech Rule Table 3_16_10.pdf (156.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 2010.03.23, 10:18 PM   #62
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

The General Rules: no spittin, no cussin, etc... attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HIGH SPEED HOBBIES General Rules 3-16-10.pdf (87.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 2010.03.23, 10:21 PM   #63
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I will post a seperate thread for Technical and General Rules discussion after this Thursday.
Old 2010.03.23, 10:59 PM   #64
pick
Village Idiot

Holy Crap Pedro!!!!!!!!

Okay, I guess I will concede at this time and officially begin supporting Pedro's campaign . Holy crap! After seeing all the time and effort he's put into our rules and scheduling, I've been left no choice . On a serious note, to say that Pedro has gone above and beyond is an understatement. We all owe Pedro a HUGE Thank You !! And, Pedro, don't start all that bull about how you didn't mind (I would have) and everybody helped (we didn't) . I know that you donated many hours to the cause that could have been spent with your family or doing other things, and it is greatly appreciated.

DANG! I hate that freakin' Pedro .
Old 2010.03.24, 07:20 AM   #65
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

are these rules to be the same implemented at the carolina cup in may? also the pan classes allow any 1/28 body, may want to change to any 1/28 pan body.
thanks
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 11:06 AM   #66
Daddy Rabbit

I think you all should give Pedro one of those good old HSH group hugs.Good job.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 11:23 AM   #67
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Well, first off, I didn't mind and everbody helped... except JAMES! Don't worry, I'll take up the slack.
Actually it is self serving cause I would rather race than discuss rules and schedules while at the track so if we can get it settled here then it's more racing for me.

Now to Chad's question I came up with this:

I guess I should start with what is a "pan" body. I take it as a general term to mean a body in the style of a 1/10th or 1/12th scale scale pan, flat chassis RC car where most of the bodies resemble 1970's Can-Am cars, Lolas, Mclarens, Porsche, etc... As the Can-Am died (because of the tank-engined Porsche 917 basically) the cars morphed into Le Mans Prototype and IMSA/ALMS Prototype cars. Many of the manufacturers of the RC larger scale "pan" car bodies, 1/8th scale nitro included, produce the older Can-Am styled bodies. Some of them started production back in the time of the Can-Am. There has been a trend to more contemporary bodies in the larger scales, Prototype style bodies. This is true in slot car racing too. These contemporary bodies are the basis for our LM class but in fact they could also be called "pan" bodies.
So as far as we are concerned does "pan" body mean a body styled to resemble a 70's Can-Am car, as produced by Atomic and PN? If PN or Atomic produce a more modern Prototype style body and label it a "pan" body, since it is, is it legal for the "pan" class? Polycarbonate (Lexan) bodies are available for the 1/28h scale cars that resemble Can-Am and Prototype cars, are these legal for the "pan" class?
PN and Atomic both have "pan" classes that limit the body choice to their own bodies for their own series, understandably. We want to be more open, but do we allow only these two Can-Am bodies? Do we allow other bodies such as the Rony and LimmetEd polycarbonate bodies? Do we limit the class to Prototype and Can-Am style bodies made of styrene or polycarbonate? Do we just open this unlimited, no minimum weight class to whatever you want to run? That is what it says now. I would imagine most would choose a PN or Atomic body but a polycarbonate body might be a good choice as might a McLaren F1 GT. Our LM class is limited to the more contemporary cars as produced by Kyosho to provide some reasonable parity and purity of class. I suppose I am back to my original question, what is a "pan" class?

I suppose the most popular, go with the current trend approach would be to limit the class to PN or Atomic styrene "pan" bodies. What do you all think? This should be on the Tech and General Rules thread I haven't started yet.

The General Rules should stay the same for the Cup events at HSH.
Old 2010.03.24, 01:40 PM   #68
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Hmmm, It looks like you just stated a heavy case for why pan and LM bodies should be run together

Ive got a different concern though. It doesnt state anywhere that you can not open the motor cans. It does state that you have to use stock equivilent magnets and brushes. Im going to assume it is legal to open the can, so long as I keep the OM arm, and dont remove/rewind any wire. I will also assume its legal to shim the magnets, adjust the timing, and blance the arm.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 06:22 PM   #69
kwsmith29

Nope, PN cup 70 turn motor. You can change brushes, but no other components. All other parts must be stock.

On your other note, Pan cars are pan cars, The PN and Atomic bodies are not LM nor are they actual real race cars. There is a huge difference in the two types of bodies. The pan bodies are lighter, shorter wheel base, and handle much better. Not to mention ugly. Here at HSH we like things to be realistic, Thats why we run this class.
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 07:53 PM   #70
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Please continue this discussion about the Tech Rules on the Rules Thread.

http://http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=379447&posted=1#post379447

Let's leave this thread for Schedule discussions.
Old 2010.03.26, 12:12 PM   #71
kwsmith29

Hello all, Things went great last night, the new format seems to be working. Done just a little after 8pm. I know we were a little on racers, but all went well.

Now with that said, we need to look at our more inexperienced racers. We have a bunch of good competive racers. Probley 10 to 15 guys capable of running fast competive laps. But, 4 to 7 guys with little experience and room to grow.

I saw something last night that worries me. Our B main had six racers in it. Three guys who could and have qualified and raced in the A main, and have in the past. The other three were off the pace quit a bit and got beat up, ran over, and out ran. No fault of theres, they need more track time. I saw some dejected racers.

I would like to propose if we have a short night like last night we go ahead and run a C qualifer and main for the rookies. They need track time in race mode where they don't get ran over and out ran so bad. This will help them get better and gain much needed confidence.

Tell me what you think.

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.26, 02:07 PM   #72
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Seems reasonable to me if time allows. It wasn't that long ago that I would have been a C class driver if we had a C class when I started. Running in the B class with Jay and James and others that were much faster than me was pretty intimidating at first. So much so that I can see it keeping some otherwise interested newbies from participating. So I'm with Wade on this if time allows.

One could argue that the track is available whenever the shop is open and new/inexperienced drivers could practice outside of racetimes and join in when they are ready. But running alone is not nearly as exciting or as good a learning experience as running with others.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.26, 09:17 PM   #73
kromie101

what ,james in the B-MAIN. you must of had a night like i did.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.27, 12:16 AM   #74
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

We all have a bad one once in a while! Are you gonna be able to come race with us again kromie? We are runnin' like a well oiled elevator now. Looking forward to the 5 hour Beach run, will you be there for that?
Old 2010.03.27, 12:24 AM   #75
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

As far as splitting Heats for rookies I guess we look at it night by night. If we have time and the guys in the B want to do it why not. I don't think we should be running too many 3 car Heats though. You do only get better by running with faster guys. I think Ray, Robbie and, I will go out on a limb and say Bob, are really improving.