Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.10.15, 11:12 PM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Pic's of the World's Largest RCP Track

Here are some pictures of the track set up in Rosemont, IL this week at the International Hobby Expo. It is designed for 1/10 scale and smaller pro manufacturer demos. We built some jumps and 1/4 pipe ramps for the truck demos. The on road cars were really picking up some good speed on the track, not to mention the incredible handling.

Associated had a small RCP in their booth to show their new 1/18.

A big thanks to Noel for all your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY4.jpg (38.1 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY5.jpg (37.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY7.jpg (34.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY3.jpg (37.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY6.jpg (38.6 KB, 100 views)
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.15, 11:14 PM   #2
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

A few more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY1.jpg (40.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg RCP IHOBBY2.jpg (34.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 2004.10.15, 11:20 PM   #3
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Associated's booth track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Associated RCP Track.jpg (37.7 KB, 106 views)
Old 2004.10.15, 11:27 PM   #4
mini-z racing
Team Losi

Send a message via AIM to mini-z racing
very nice, and big, RCPmini-z, what are those small jumps on that RCP track? are they for sale? thanks
www racingcity com
mini-z racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.15, 11:30 PM   #5
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Stay tuned for info on our 2005 RCX and International Hobby Expo tracks. I am currently designing some outrageous tracks for Kyosho's booth and the shows 1/10 scale demo tracks. I believe these new tracks will be some of my best work yet, with much more detail and some extreme stunt ramps for the 1/10 scale pro’s.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.10.15 at 11:32 PM.
Old 2004.10.15, 11:43 PM   #6
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
SWEEEEET track...the wood looks like some skateboard ramps I uesd to build...
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.16, 01:10 AM   #7
TNB
Pet Human

RCP,
I set up those same photos in an album in Gallery TNB. I would have posted earlier but I spent a long time on the phone with Noel as well as working on the track. I did upload the heli photos as well.

I can't wait for the 2005 RCX demo track.
Old 2004.10.16, 08:34 AM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
what are the enlarged side rails on the side of the assoc. track?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 08:53 AM   #9
roybfr

About how many tiles wide is that 1/10 scale track? Looks to be about 5 or 6 in the narrow part.
roybfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 12:23 PM   #10
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Looks great, but for cars / trucks that size, i'm sorry to say it would be an incredible waste of money. I'm sure that cars that big don't need that kind of surface.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 12:49 PM   #11
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Indoor 1/10 scale electric RC vehicles absolutely need a good surface to run on. Currently Ozite carpet is used in many indoor hobby store and club tracks, but this type of surface looses its handling characteristics very quick and if it is worn out or damaged, large pieces of carpet have to be replaced. The RCP custom surface offers great traction for the 1/10 scale electric on and off road vehicles. If any section gets damaged, you can simply replace just the tile in question. You can use the RCP side rails or install your own larger PVC or wooden rails using blank tiles for the track surface of larger vehicles.

The 1/10 scale track at the International Hobby Expo was a big success and offered incredible handling and grip for the pro manufacturers and drivers. No apparent wear was noticed even after some of the larger and heavy trucks did burnouts and full wheelies from dead stop positions.

We have already received many orders from hobby stores all across the US that are ordering our system for their larger scale indoor racing leagues. Most of the orders as of recently have been for those stores that are starting 1/18 scale off road truck racing in addition to their indoor electric on-road programs. Now that the 1/10 scale pro’s have tested the track out at the Ihobby show, we are starting to get orders for tracks larger than 1/18 scale.

We are in the process of getting the RCP track surface approved as a specific track type for official IMCRA Events.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.10.19 at 12:56 PM.
Old 2004.10.19, 12:59 PM   #12
TNB
Pet Human

There is rumor of the Indoor Nats being held here in 2005 and I read that Scotty (Wisconsin) is helping to put it on. Any RCP Track involvement or additional information? I haven't checked his hobby shop website yet, I've only read a few boards with the information and a new website url for the race--no information is on that site yet.
Old 2004.10.19, 01:53 PM   #13
Aaronnn
(TITANIUM)

TNB keep us posted!...i may enter...
Aaronnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.19, 02:11 PM   #14
TNB
Pet Human

I think its 1/12 or 1/10 scale, not Zs.
Old 2004.10.19, 10:55 PM   #15
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
Indoor 1/10 scale electric RC vehicles absolutely need a good surface to run on. Currently Ozite carpet is used in many indoor hobby store and club tracks, but this type of surface looses its handling characteristics very quick and if it is worn out or damaged, large pieces of carpet have to be replaced. The RCP custom surface offers great traction for the 1/10 scale electric on and off road vehicles. If any section gets damaged, you can simply replace just the tile in question. You can use the RCP side rails or install your own larger PVC or wooden rails using blank tiles for the track surface of larger vehicles.

The 1/10 scale track at the International Hobby Expo was a big success and offered incredible handling and grip for the pro manufacturers and drivers. No apparent wear was noticed even after some of the larger and heavy trucks did burnouts and full wheelies from dead stop positions.

We have already received many orders from hobby stores all across the US that are ordering our system for their larger scale indoor racing leagues. Most of the orders as of recently have been for those stores that are starting 1/18 scale off road truck racing in addition to their indoor electric on-road programs. Now that the 1/10 scale pro’s have tested the track out at the Ihobby show, we are starting to get orders for tracks larger than 1/18 scale.

We are in the process of getting the RCP track surface approved as a specific track type for official IMCRA Events.
... *gulp* sorry for my ignorance ... i'm good at that at times
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote