Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.02.20, 12:17 PM   #1
bbeattie

MR-02 MM Oil Roll Shock?

Has anyone seen an oil roll shock for the mr-02 mm? I'm trying to build up my car so it can corner better at higher speeds without spinning out. The only roll shock I can find is

GPM Adjustable Roll Shock Set w/Titanium Screws for MR-02 - Blue from the m...zstore.com

It doesn't appear to be oil,. just friction. I'm not sure how big of a difference this will make. I also couldn't find an O ring plate for the 02 MM but I found this V plate

GPM Carbon Fiber H-Bar w/Upward Triangle Cutout 0.8mm - 1pc

also from m...zstore.com It was the best thing I've seen other than the roll shock that won't twist as bad.

I'd just like to start out with the best that you can get on the market right now, unless it's worth waiting, I don't want to have to buy 2 of something.

Thoughts?

Also, has anyone found a rear oil shock for the mr-02 MM?

Thanks,
bbeattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.20, 12:38 PM   #2
hrehowsik
Deep Sea Gangster

i don't know that anyone makes an oil filled roll shock set for the any mini z, only an oil filled rear center shock. the friction ones work great though. the available roll shocks for the mr-01 work on the 02 also. quality wise the kyosho version is head and shoulders above the other after market. the roll shocks won't keep your car from spinning out though, it helps keep the inside front wheel on the ground under hard cornering by damping laterial h-bar twist. go for softer rear tires, springs, and h-bar for more rear traction, not to mention a softer touch on the throttle.

Last edited by hrehowsik; 2004.02.20 at 12:45 PM.
hrehowsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.20, 01:14 PM   #3
bbeattie

Which h-bar though? there are so many. m...zstore.com has about 15 different types of carbon fiber h-plates. Also, what type of spring? soft, hard? medium? I was going to buy a medium coil spring for the fronts, is this the best? I race on hardwood floors and industrial carpet floors (Basically at church gyms, hardwood or carpet).
bbeattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.20, 07:22 PM   #4
neurokinetik

Re: MR-02 MM Oil Roll Shock?

Quote:
Originally posted by bbeattie
Also, has anyone found a rear oil shock for the mr-02 MM?

Thanks,
I am using the GPM shock on my MR-02RM. All MR-02s can use the same top shock, actually. The GPM shock is not actually supposed to be an oil shock, it is supposed to be used with grease. Well, I use 90W gear lube in mine, and I used Loctite instant gasket to seal it up at the top, rather than the stupid little rubber ring. It works very well this way, providing good damping on both compression and rebound.
neurokinetik is offline   Reply With Quote