Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.11.29, 06:31 AM   #16
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye View Post
4 per team is good. 3 per team is better from my 12 hour experience.

Mike M down South told me one enduro race they had to run drift tires to simulate wet conditions that could come and go from such a long race(24hr).
The idea was taken from the old Myrtle Beach group. They kept a bag of notes and every 15 minutes they would pull one. Sometimes it would state "possibility of rain in X minutes". Then after that particular time was up they would pull the next one that would say rain or weather clear or whatever. If it did rain you installed track supplied tires(usually the hardest ASC rubber you could find) and ran on them until the next draw when it would say rain continues or all clear or whatever. I was the only one that I know of who practiced on the rain tires. It took some creative radio adjustments to climb the famous Myrtle Beach inclines on their multi-level track layouts. It is a real hoot to drive a Z competitively on ASC rubber. It's like dirt racing but way more fun, you guy's should try it sometimes. I can hear Saint and Dwight now.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.29, 11:51 AM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
HELP ME, HELP ME, HELP ME... It’s infamous at the track.

Not sure night stage is feasible without rewiring lighting over the track. I’ll do whatever is decided, I’ll Be there regardless. Some good ideas have been provided so lots for the guys to discuss and I’m sure they will come to a decision and I can work up a new event poster
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.29, 02:11 PM   #18
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

We ran night stages too but with just lights on the cars, Their track room was basically dark enough.

The rules there called for only one body. Beyond that you could change any part of the car but the body or the electronics board.

We ran the enduro at Mimi's which was a lot of fun but too restrictive with only one class on a really big track. At Gary's there isn't enough space for multiple classes. I would be there though.
Old 2018.11.30, 07:12 PM   #19
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
At Gary's there isn't enough space for multiple classes. .

Not sure what you mean?
Old 2018.11.30, 07:35 PM   #20
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
Not sure what you mean?
He means running a mod class simultaneously with the stock class. To give it a GTP/GTO or LMP1/GTE sort of class structure. To have a race within a race so to speak.
Old 2018.11.30, 07:52 PM   #21
Mike Keely

Got it....
Old 2018.12.01, 06:41 AM   #22
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Sorry for the slow response, traveling. Yes, a GTP and GT class run simultaneously like LeMans or Daytona 24. That way the less skilled can compete evenly on an index of performance or heads up. The first Myrtle Beach endure I finished 2nd overall with a GT car while winning the GT class. It just adds another layer.
Old 2018.12.01, 08:52 AM   #23
Qball41

Quote:
Sorry for the slow response, traveling. Yes, a GTP and GT class run simultaneously like LeMans or Daytona 24. That way the less skilled can compete evenly on an index of performance or heads up. The first Myrtle Beach endure I finished 2nd overall with a GT car while winning the GT class. It just adds another layer.
Awesome idea. If there is space.....
Old 2018.12.01, 10:12 AM   #24
byebye

Quote:
I think the track is a bit small for that though it could be 4 teams of each with 8 cars on the track total. We really need to exercise courtesy for the race leaders.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.01, 10:49 AM   #25
arch2b

I agree. As much as we would want otherwise, it would be hours and hours of complaining about traffic and who tangled up with the leaders. On a much larger track like our enduro’s of old, it wouldn’t have been an issue as there would be twice as much track for pacing and passing.
For example, your 3 hours in and 100 laps off the leader, it’s harder for the a slower class to have fun when your just pulling over or going wide every 3-4 seconds or half a lap.
The last ‘challenge’ showed that any more than 6 really becomes congested when the differentials grow larger. 6 was a bit much really. Not as much an issue with the tighter classes but in mod in particular it becomes an issue because the differentials increase.

Last edited by arch2b; 2018.12.01 at 11:24 AM.
Old 2018.12.01, 11:54 AM   #26
Qball41

So you're thinking 6 cars total, all one class?

Not sure that I can make it, but LOVE the idea some I'm paying attention closely to how this turns out.
Old 2018.12.01, 12:18 PM   #27
arch2b

Not may call to make, just want to point some things out is all, based on our practical experience with events at the garage. I don't make the rules, just run the decided format/schedule
Old 2018.12.01, 12:21 PM   #28
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I agree. As much as we would want otherwise, it would be hours and hours of complaining about traffic and who tangled up with the leaders. On a much larger track like our enduro’s of old, it wouldn’t have been an issue as there would be twice as much track for pacing and passing.
For example, your 3 hours in and 100 laps off the leader, it’s harder for the a slower class to have fun when your just pulling over or going wide every 3-4 seconds or half a lap.
The last ‘challenge’ showed that any more than 6 really becomes congested when the differentials grow larger. 6 was a bit much really. Not as much an issue with the tighter classes but in mod in particular it becomes an issue because the differentials increase.
I agree. 6 at the same pace would be pretty good.
Old 2018.12.01, 12:37 PM   #29
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
With how close the stock class ran at the Challenge, it would be 6 at basically the same pace, we might have a really tight pack. 6 cars is 18 drivers... How would marshalling go, and pit in/out? I know some racers like to sit and drive, this might be a concern when driver swaps occur.
Old 2018.12.01, 02:06 PM   #30
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
With how close the stock class ran at the Challenge, it would be 6 at basically the same pace, we might have a really tight pack. 6 cars is 18 drivers... How would marshalling go, and pit in/out? I know some racers like to sit and drive, this might be a concern when driver swaps occur.
When I ran the 12 hour at Oberkirch the drivers stand had a space behind. Not sure we can do this now but it helped to be able to communicate with the driver prior to the change over.

We would also need to have an area to pit at or at least be able to pull the car off the track to change the batteries. I think this can kind of be accomplished near the entrance to the track room.

Space for the pit marshals is already pretty tight. We may need to get volunteers to marshal.