Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.12.10, 09:24 PM   #16
DMALMAD

can anyone who has it compare it to a pn double a arm mr-03 car??? Or have you tried to put the pn front end on it???
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.11, 07:50 AM   #17
AFMiniz

The VE electronic board works well with Lipo battery and brushless motor. Lipo provides adequate "punch" even using the stock Xspeed brushless motor. This kit apart from allowing me to switch to use Lipo, i was impressed by the easy handling it provided. I felt the car become very responsive. I guess is mainly due to its lower centre of gravity and overall lighter in weight after using Lipo. Overall speaking I like it very much.
AFMiniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.11, 03:20 PM   #18
DMALMAD

but did you use their front end or did it come with the front suspension already and does it have compatibility with other manufactures front end. Also any chances you can put up some pictures or videos of the car.
Old 2013.12.11, 10:28 PM   #19
Felix2010

From the pics, I believe all you get is the main chassis... Meaning, the servo assembly and servo "box" you provide, as well as the front suspension, whatever you want to use (Like PN A-arm, X-Power FE, Reflex, etc)... The stock front end can be used from the VE. The metal/carbon top cover is NOT included... So I am pretty positive that the X-Power front -suspension and rear motor pod choice is up to you (None included).

The MRX... Is a Cool idea... But a bit pricey for what you get....
Old 2013.12.12, 10:57 AM   #20
imxlr8ed

Hate to say it but I think this is a bit of a stretch to say the CG is lower. Technically speaking, if you are running a lightweight Lipo pack (which would be way lighter than 4 AAA cells), I would think the CG would move higher in the chassis. Only time I can think of where that statement truly applied was when we were all running 01s and the carbon chassis' started coming out. The flat battery configuration was the only reason for these carbon chassis. Ever since the advent of the 02, the 2WD chassis aftermarket has been minimal to say the least. I've never driven a carbon chassis and was so blown away by it's performance that I had to buy one (and I've driven all kinds). I've never felt "low CG" before, I have noticed camber and toe and tire choice though.

Just keepin it real.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2013.12.12 at 11:00 AM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.12, 01:40 PM   #21
Felix2010

Hi imxlr8ed, Did you mean, you were blown away when you saw the X-Power MRX chassis performance you had to buy one of those? Or you saw an an MR01 carbon-chassis and liked it and bought an MR01 carbon chassis? I'm just wondering for clarification, thank you

I like the idea of the MRZ... but it is not a revolutionary.. The Atomic AMZ Micro 4wd for $165 looks like a very nice carbon 4wd chassis that in my opinion it is very different (Than any that has been widely released) before... The amount of tech&performance per $ is looking like a very good bargain (If it handles as good or better than an MA010/015/020 with same setup).

The MRZ it very trick and I like lipo(But.. Racers run nimh) and for a race chassis it is a nice piece but for a nice price.. I like how everything on the MRX is machined to exact tolerances and very clean and professional.. It might be better than an MR03, I hate the MR03 chassis flex... It's like paper compared to an MR02..

I'm not trying to dog X-Power, it is just a little more expensive than I had in mind... Besides that, I like the MRZ a lot
Old 2013.12.12, 02:43 PM   #22
imxlr8ed

No, didn't drive this new one yet but I've driven many types of carbon chassis' over the years, either through friends or at events. I've just never been impressed by any of them, I mean... I appreciate anything new and I obviously am amazed by any kind of innovation in this scale but when it comes down to raw performance, I never seen a carbon chassis even win a Mod Class race throughout all my time in this hobby.

The AMZ interests me because it's AWD and it appears to be a more balanced configuration than the MA010, seems to have more design intent, whereas this chassis here seems more like just a "fix" for a problem that really isn't there.

Who knows... maybe one day I'll be smacked around by everyone running these things in the future, but I doubt it.

Kinda where I was at with the AWDs years ago... saying they are not faster or better than the MR02s.

And I too am not dogging this here either... I just feel that this may not be as revolutionary as it may seem to some.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2013.12.12 at 02:47 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.12, 03:09 PM   #23
DMALMAD

just looked more closely and you can only use their front gearbox cover ( due to where it mounts and how far it extends) which has different height of where you attach the double a-arm so unless you hack up a regular 03 front cover you can only use their stuff which is a bummer since their front end is crap and binds and it is 60 dollars just for the cover and top mount not to mention the other 100 $ you would have to spend on knuckles, arms and botton plate. They are way overcharging for a small improvement which in my eyes is just an easy way to run lipo.The idea is good but would have to be 120 $ with front and rear end with the ability to run any front end, so for those reasons I am really disappointed.
Old 2013.12.13, 02:03 AM   #24
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I really like the look of this conversion chassis, and hope that they did not make it compatible solely with their front end. Unless they are selling a complete car, then they would just be trying to hide the full price of the conversion... Mini-Z racers have many different tastes as far as what front/rear end they prefer... I know many will want to throw an A-Arm on there as the only option, and if it cant work, then the chassis isn't an interest for them.

It is a steep price for what it is. A replacement for something that is about $20 in plastic from Kyosho... It should reduce a lot of the flex that the Kyosho chassis has, but it really isn't worth that price. If other manufacturers can produce an entire car for a similar price, then I feel that X-Power should at least be able to make a bundle to complete the chassis at a discounted price. Otherwise, I can see only a handful of these leaving the shelves. but built up as it is, you are talking about a $600 car
Old 2013.12.13, 08:18 AM   #25
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

^who is this guy? lol
glad to see ya post again emu
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.13, 09:53 AM   #26
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
^who is this guy? lol
glad to see ya post again emu
Me too Now I just need to get some new toys I would love to play with this chassis, and the AMZ...
Old 2013.12.14, 06:37 AM   #27
Daddy Rabbit

Good to see ya back EMU, have not seen you since LT's grand opening race, you need come down and see LGR's new store.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.14, 05:37 PM   #28
EMU
EMUracing

I will have to see if I can come down and check it out...
Old 2013.12.15, 06:40 PM   #29
Daddy Rabbit

EMU....Would love to see ya.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.16, 06:34 AM   #30
AFMiniz

I had a serious try it on the RCP track. I found that the car become more responsive as I mentioned before. I need to use one level up hardness for front springs so as to make it slightly under steering. I am able to achieve 0.5s faster in a 10s track. One thing worth to mention, it holds the shell tighter than the stock chassis does.

The stock brushless motor works well with Lipo. It provides a very liner acceleration.

It is pricey but in my opinion, it worth as I look for something good looking and performing.
AFMiniz is offline   Reply With Quote