Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > BC Mini-Z Club, Vancouver BC

Closed Thread

Old 2016.11.30, 06:09 PM   #946
Gladi8or

Guys, let's work on moving forward, we all know each others opinions and different ideals of having fun, more competitive or less competitive, let's agree to disagree and think about the future. I want to carry on practicing this hobby wherever you guys are, I like Grant's place, I like Dave's as well, and certainly this is not a personal issue between members. Yeah we all talk too much, have good and bad days, we all done this sport for too long so we've seen this film already. Let's get over it, I can find a common ground somewhere for having less racing, let's make those single laps more competitive then, let's structure it like F1 qualifying or MotoGP qualifying, let's spice it up with some individual time trial moments also, on the clock, so the pressure kicks in. Certainly insist on getting those categories sorted, and even getting GT1 and GT2 so you can get faster drivers and slower drivers battling within the same kind of pace and still aim for a win. Derek can work on the motors, sure steve could choose the batteries, we can drop few bucks for the club to buy this control parts. Let's put them in a box, have a draw each meet and randomize the chance of getting the better motor. let's put some weight on the faster drivers based on the fastest laps of previous event like WTCC. Let's make it fun...
Old 2016.11.30, 08:31 PM   #947
The G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladi8or View Post
Hey guys, another great day of mini-z, me and my buddy Eddie had a blast. Really sorry for the crashes he caused, but for someone that never had touched a competition rc car... he did pretty well, to the point of coming back in January and start practicing with us. Thanks for the patience guys, we need more members and you all did amazing in getting the rookie some space to adapt, appreciated.

Thanks Grant for hosting again, I love the fact that we're starting to do this more often. I absolutely agree if you want to raise the prices of the daily fee, I'm the first one to support the idea of having a prize draw and some trophies, but again.... this only makes sense if we're racing..... (oh here he goes again...blablabla...) yeah dudes, let me be more explicit without being excluded from the forum MAN THE F UP! We're having so much fun doing this, we're doing some individual battles, did a few with Grant and a few with Dave H, proper 'racing' during training.....why dont we do this on the clock! It puts extra pressure on your heads, it makes it even more fun... adrenaline. I honestly don't care if you raced for 100 years and you're the best in the world, I only care about what we do in our little club for now, that's where I spend my time. I don't mind if you use a better car, if it has 5 wheels and 10 cells, but please....please don't sit out in a 5 minute race. I cannot believe that you don't have fun anymore doing some nice and tight racing, if the problem is rules....please dictate the rules, if the problem is winning.... I can sign a paper losing them all in advance I don't really care, but I need you guys to RACE! I'm dead serious! Let's draw some turns TOGETHER!

I spent 100 bucks to come to this meeting.... I did a single (maybe a couple) 5 minute race with Ryan, Dave H and Dave W, best 5 minutes of the day.

For the future... so simple...... free practice for 2h, 3 qualification rounds with 1h open track in the middle, final B with 4 drivers, best 2 bump up, final A with 4 drivers.... call it 5 minutes...call it 10.......call it 15.....call it an hour...or 12.

Do a podium, draw a prize.....pair of tires! Give some trophies...paper is fine! Take photos, smile... publish! Make a championship.... do this 4 times, counts the best 3. Award the BC Mini-Z Club Champion a bottle of wine, champagne.....Cola Cola! Let's have a yearly Xmas Dinner in a proper restaurant where you celebrate the fact that mini-z scene still alive and we honour all the effort we do to be part of it

I'm I dreaming too big? Just tell me to shut up if this is absolute nonsense, won't be ofended and I'll rest my case, and I'll show up once in a while to take the rust from the cars.

Carlos 'The Dreamer'
I feel this posting was way out of line. After this post i asked myself why am i even bothering hosting. It made me pretty mad. I continued to feel this way until last weekend. I would've canceled Sundays gtg but i had already paid for the room. I was ready to send you home upon your arrival. Yeah i felt this strongly about your post. I decided to talk to you about it and decided to let you stay. I also had a talk with Thomas about various things r/c related topics. I even went around and asked everyone if they would like to race including yourself. Everyone was on board that wished to do so. All you had to do was organize an equal class to run. You asked me if i was going to race and i said no. It is my choice to make, your reply was then i don't want to race then. I have been repeatedly told by you in our conversations. If i am not racing, i am not having any fun. This i can not believe. I am always having a great time. I came back to the house packed away the track and had dinner. I gave my friend Micky at Racing Devil a call. I asked him if they have been running any mini z on Saturdays. He told me no there's been nothing going on for almost two years. After this i went online and ordered some handout AAA batteries. I have a class of racing that myself and others would agree to race in. Then Monday i read a few nice postings. Thanks for hosting etc. Later on i read the Thomas post wow, how he's changed in the last few years. More politics more racing talk and so forth. Then it's getting ugly between Thomas, Steve and you Carlos. It just keeps going to the point where i have had enough of it. I first talked to Ryan. I had to make a tough decision, if i want to host again in Langley or not. The clubhouse is like my home when we are using it. I am responsible for everything that happens within it. The club is welcome to use my clubhouse anytime. For as long as they need a place to run. To Carlos and Thomas you are no longer welcome at my place. At this time, i need my personal space from both of you. Sorry.
Old 2016.12.01, 03:01 AM   #948
Gladi8or

Hi Grant, that is sad to hear, after all this effort to give some great ideas and helping the club to grow. First time I say that I want to seat out, after hearing a lot of teasing the whole day, the day I really don't want to be bothered and definitely not in the mood to organize something for the sake of pity, you take it personally. You seat out every single time and I've been always respectful, I ask, I try to bring you in, but never made fun of you and disrespected you like you did last time when I lost a tire and suddenly that's the reason for the races not to make sense. I don't understand, but I respect. It's your house, your rules.
I have no bad blood with you and Steve, I think you are nice chaps, it's always good fun to hear you guys, I only been with you guys a couple of times so I have nothing against you, I do feel though that the way you guys have fun, I don't.
All the previous events where we had some heats going on, I did have fun, had a blast, curiously, everybody tends to agree with that, some structure would be nice, we practice for a reason, to measure our skills against each other, for the fun of it, not to prove A or B is the best. Pure competitive fun, that's why amateur motorsport racing exists. But again, I might be preaching on the wrong church, definitely don't want to contribute for the mini-z scene to disappear. If I'm the problem at your place, if banning me will make you feel more comfortable, I will kindly and respectfully accept.
You guys should do whatever you feel like doing, I'll be joining again whenever you welcome me, at your place or any other place.
At some point I'll try to book an event at my house and do something different, to help the scene to grow and get some more members in downtown Vancouver for your club. Until then... it's a heartfelt goodbye but the feeling that at least the message was passed, you'll be moving forward. The fact you bought the batteries is a nice start and proves my point and at least I feel it was worth it. I know it's gonna change, just won't be around to see it.
Please read my post again, and take it with a pinch of salt, it's called sarcasm. True that you're not my friends for me to say Man the F up, but I've seen so many roasts happening during this meets, to the point of feeling uncomfortable that I felt the intimacy to play in the same league, for sure I failed, and for that I apologize. If out of my posts you can only extract hate, if you don't see anything positive and if you don't do your 'mea culpa' in this discussion, then I rest my case, as I said, I respectfully accept this ban Grant, sad but true.
Good luck guys, see you somewhere!
Old 2016.12.02, 12:19 PM   #949
TeeSquared
Redline

My turn. All I have to say is that I accept being banned too and I accept my responsibility for why I've been banned. I'm an outspoken unfiltered passionate individual and I know darn well I piss some of you off. I probably deserve this at least on some level.

I think the root of this problem though is that my conduct is perceived as unacceptable by a group of individuals who also have unacceptable conduct, [strike] except those three won't ever admit it. [/strike] I retract that statement. Steve and Grant yes, but Derek will admit his faults when he's cooled down.

But I think that is what sets me apart...I do actually have the capacity to check myself and realize I'm partly at fault. Steve, Grant, I can't say I've ever expected the same from you. You two are so quick to jump down other peoples throats but unwilling to even consider if you might be part of the problem too. Derek at least has a handle on the fact that he pisses people off. You've given us permission to tell you to shut up but I've yet to take that liberty.

Steve, I've got a broken McLaren F1 body that you are at least 50% responsible for. I've never gotten an apology and I do believe your exact words after the incident was that I was "an idiot" for even suggesting you are partly to blame. You wouldn't even meet me halfway. Funny how when you get a body stepped on you stomp your feel and scream until you get it replaced, but when you smash my body during a practice session you decide that you get to be judge and jury and call me an idiot. It's too bad Ryan bought you a new body because you obviously didn't deserve it. If you're going to call me out for a bad attitude, you too need to be having a look in a mirror. That was most un-sportsman like conduct and had we been doing any kind of real racing at any kind of officially organized event, your behavior would also been unacceptable. I could have had a meltdown and gone home like you did but I'm a bigger person so I let it go and continued racing, even though you'd already ruined MY day by insulting me for an accident that was half your fault. It could have been defused by accepting half the blame. I was pulled off to the side and I was off the racing line, and I'd alerted others to my presence. I'm not sure what else I could have done but no, obviously I'm the idiot and you are 100% correct. If you get to say that "everything I have posted is 100% truthful, factual and is exactly what happened" than so do I, and factually you smashed into my stationary car off racing line and then blamed me for it. You also have a bad attitude.

It's insane that I've been called out for cheating when there are no rules to cheat. Derek says he's sick of trash talking but then asks if he should continue berating gyro users? Berating people is trash talking. I've had a target on the back of my head ever since I joined this club and I am pretty sure I'm going to get picked on and then blamed for complaining no matter what I do.
How can you guys dish out so much BS but then get so angry when you're called on it?

I've even had my looks made fun of by at least two different members. How low do you have to go? That's so far beyond acceptable but I've been the bigger person and let it slide. And you guys can't let a gyro go? You feel the need to bring up your body being stepped on every time you see Ryan? Sheesh! Let it go guys.

I think this parting of ways is probably best for all involved. This clubs culture is utterly toxic and I need a break. I implore Grant, Steve and Derek to carefully consider their own conduct before being so vocal about other peoples. I admit I'm half the problem, but will you guys?

Last edited by TeeSquared; 2016.12.02 at 04:04 PM.
Old 2016.12.02, 03:27 PM   #950
TheSteve
VE7FM

Thomas,

I don't want these forum posts to go on forever but do respect your right to reply and give your opinion.

When Ryan stepped on my car I was pretty upset - brand new car, first set of batteries through it. Yep I was pretty angry. Pretty sure everyone knew I was upset too. There was no cursing though, I packed up my stuff and left. The chassis sustained a lot of damage. Most of it was parts I had planned to replace anyway(diffs, chassis, axles). Ryan offered to replace anything broken, in the end he replaced the body which I was 100% happy with.
You mentioned in your post that we were still going on about it. There is no secret that Ryan takes his fair share of abuse for that incident but there is absolutely no resentment or bitterness on my part. More then anything I look back and laugh about it. On the plus side Derek needed some McLaren parts when painting a body so the damaged one was donated to him.

I have no problem apologizing for calling you an idiot(although you called me words that we'd get banned for writing on this forum, but whatever).
I never want to hit or damage another car - and I certainly never want to damage my own. I still can't understand how it would even be 1% my fault for hitting your car. I don't know why your car was stopped on the outside of the straightaway, but that was the line I was using. If I know that someone is stopped on track I will always slow down or avoid them. Again I hate damaging my own car(especially my green bodies). If I am stopped on track and someone hits me I generally apologize for being stopped on track, and if I get hit for being stopped it is my own fault.

So there you have it, that is hopefully all I have to say.
Old 2016.12.02, 03:57 PM   #951
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I don't see how I get included in this discussion since I haven't seen anyone in 6 weeks but since I have been added to the list of offenders I have picked out some of the key parts of my wrongdoing to see if I can clear up the misunderstanding.

This is my last post from a thread on gyros. At this point from the end of October I had decided that it wasn't worth the effort to discuss the use of them because a non biased/impartial group of peers said they aren't worth using. From my standpoint this subject was closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Carlos,

This thread is an attempt to find out if I should continue berating gyro users or just let it be.

I'm honestly super tired of trash talking. I'd love to get everyone to build cars to a spec so we can really compete at a similar level but since we do not I wanted to find outside opinions about traction control.

I did not intend this to turn into a sort "shaming" but if users are taking it that way it kind of makes you wonder why gyro users feel that way if users think they are ok to use.

Outside opinion has pretty much said that they are a bit hokey and for certain tracks completely useless. To that end I've decided :

1. I will no longer berate users of gyros.
2. I will sit out mod class races until I have a usable mod class car. Getting bumped out of the way driving a lower powered car gets on my nerves....
Below was my position in this very thread from a month ago....again please note "My goal in the future is to keep the but hurt to a min by keeping my mouth shut"

[QUOTE=cowboysir;462203]
My main issue about asking the mini z community about gyros was mainly to decide to myself whether or not to continue to care about the sh...stuff you put on your mod cars. I honestly am so F-ING tired of the trash talk among members because some understand that it is friendly fun poking but others get all but hurt and don't take as lightly as is meant. I felt that an outside opinion was needed and since the answer I hot was "they mostly suck " I feel I can confidently ignore gyros going forward and avoid caring enough to banter about it. My goal in the future is to keep the but hurt to a min by keeping my mouth shut. [QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeSquared View Post
My turn. All I have to say is that I accept being banned too and I accept my responsibility for why I've been banned. I'm an outspoken unfiltered passionate individual and I know darn well I piss some of you off. I probably deserve this at least on some level.

I think the root of this problem though is that my conduct is perceived as unacceptable by a group of individuals who also have unacceptable conduct, except those three won't ever admit it.

But I think that is what sets me apart...I do actually have the capacity to check myself and realize I'm partly at fault. Steve, Grant, I can't say I've ever expected the same from you. You two are so quick to jump down other peoples throats but unwilling to even consider if you might be part of the problem too. Derek at least has a handle on the fact that he pisses people off. You've given us permission to tell you to shut up but I've yet to take that liberty.

It's insane that I've been called out for cheating when there are no rules to cheat. Derek says he's sick of trash talking but then asks if he should continue berating gyro users? Berating people is trash talking. I've had a target on the back of my head ever since I joined this club and I am pretty sure I'm going to get picked on and then blamed for complaining no matter what I do.
How can you guys dish out so much BS but then get so angry when you're called on it?

I've even had my looks made fun of by at least two different members. How low do you have to go? That's so far beyond acceptable but I've been the bigger person and let it slide. And you guys can't let a gyro go? You feel the need to bring up your body being stepped on every time you see Ryan? Sheesh! Let it go guys.

I think this parting of ways is probably best for all involved. This clubs culture is utterly toxic and I need a break. I implore Grant, Steve and Derek to carefully consider their own conduct before being so vocal about other peoples. I admit I'm half the problem, but will you guys?
I understand why you may feel greatly offended by my discussion Thomas but I also understand you aren't reading the entire picture and cherry picking the aspects of it that offend you.

If you read over that thread again ( and I suggest you do) I don't believe at any point I said you were cheating. I had hoped that my phrasing asking if gyros was a form of cheating to an impartial membership of fellow racers would be sufficient for you to realize I didn't know if I should be concerned about the situation or not....since the membership's opinion was I shouldn't bother I felt that was enough for me to let it go. Up until this rehash and explosion of venom I hadn't given another thought.

To that end, I finally hope you understand that I meant no ill will towards you at all. I don't dwell on these things and I had hoped you didn't either.

Now that I see that it did affect you negatively and you did dwell on it constantly for over a month I feel that I have to apologize to you. I did not think my intention was to single you out in any way.

That being said and with the knowledge that "I have given people liberty to tell me to shut up" and the fact you have my contact info you could have avoided feeling wronged by taking the opportunity to text or phone me to chat about your feelings. By letting it build to the point of spitting venom via forum is unhealthy. Being a bit older and having been where you are (next time remind me to tell you how I got the nickname "cowboy") I have learnt that holding on to the daily sh...stuff that pisses you off can be detrimental to your relationships. I've developed a "spit it out and let it go" mentality that as you've noticed pisses people off but they understand and accept it from me.

I can't comment on what happened at the latest meets but I will say every one in this club does snip and barb at each other and no one is holier than thou. The point of it all is to have good natured jibs at the club to "spit it out and let it go". I don't know if anyone else lets it go but I know I do. I would hope that things said to each other are meant in good natured ribbing and if anyone feels otherwise maybe they should take an opportunity to assess what kind of person they are....I've said this before (even in the quoted thread above " some understand that it is friendly fun poking but others get all but hurt and don't take as lightly as is meant" and I hope people had understood that I've never meant any harsh words ever. If they had felt I meant it then I apologize to those offended.

I do hope to see you at Dave's meets in the future but knowing his schedule and responsibilities it may not be for a long while we have another meet in Newton. I hope that the time off will give you the opportunity to figure out a method similar to my approach of letting things go for dwelling on stupid stuff needlessly is a sure fire way to lose relationships in the long term.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
Old 2016.12.02, 04:22 PM   #952
TeeSquared
Redline

That was all actually....pretty reasonable. On both Derek and Steve's part. Bravo.

Okay fair enough, you are right about me spitting venom. Even Carlos has said to me it's obvious I've got a lot of pent up frustration about Mini-Z meets and I guess I needed to vent it. I've been pondering how to do so for two weeks and I've written and erased dozens of far more venomous posts that in retrospect I'm glad I had the foresight to delete before posting. I'll ask you about your nickname the next time I see you.

You've got to be so careful with "trash talking." It never works out well when the person saying things also takes it upon themselves to decide if someones response is reasonable or not. Again, the judge and jury thing. If it's obvious that someone is upset by your ribbing, even if you are sure your intent isn't to antagonize, it might be a good idea to stop anyways.

I think here is a good place to leave it be, for now. Maybe we can reconcile in the future and enjoy some good laps another day.

Good luck to your club,
-Thomas
Old 2016.12.02, 05:16 PM   #953
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation

Quick vote:

Mini-Z GTG on the 11th in Newton or the 18th in Langley.

I'm stuck working on the 11th, but work is typically slow enough to be able to still attend a GTG. I think I can make the 11th work as Dave W. may be putting on a family dinner on the 18th. You're all like family, right!?

Whom else is able to attend either day so we can try to get it finalized & booked...
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.12.02, 05:48 PM   #954
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'd vote newton if only to save myself an extra hour of driving...again my weather dependency is an issue so don't revolve around my wishes.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
Old 2016.12.06, 06:48 PM   #955
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Anyone else able to make it into Newton on Sunday? Were trying to get at least 5 confirmations before we book & setup the track.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.12.07, 11:00 AM   #956
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I'll check back later today & give the final word, but it looks like our next GTG will be early next year. How's Jan 8th perhaps in Newton look for everyone?

Happy Holidays!

-Ryan
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2016.12.09, 10:30 AM   #957
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Looks like everyone is a tad busy with X-Mas. We will re-start our GTG's in the new year.

Cheers!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.01.15, 01:15 PM   #958
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation 2017 Mini-Z GTG Season

Once again I have created a new thread for the 2017 Season & *ARCHIVED* all the older ones together.

As per normal, this thread will be for both General Chit Chat & our GTG Announcements.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread so you get a notification when there is an update!
Click on "Thread Tools" above, and choose "Subscribe to this Thread".

We will be taking one last concerted stab at re-introducing class races this year. This will be a push to see if we can get like minded individuals & cars together on the track for structured racing GTG's. Currently these more "Structured Races" will only be happening every 3rd or 4th GTG. We will not be running them strictly. We will mostly keep to our "Run What Ya Brung" open lap runs with some fun races thrown in here & there like we have typically done. We will be sure to send out specific GTG notifications about these runs in advance that way, those that do not wish to participate in the more structured races, can skip them. Rules/Regulations/Specs will all be worked out over the first few "Structured Race" GTG's. Currently, we will be running the "Structured Race" GTG's at our Newton location. Most other GTG's will be at our bigger track layout in Langley.

The following will be the Clubs new Fee structure as of January 1st 2017

Due to Inflation/Rising Costs in Common Room Rental & Equipment to run our GTG's, the club has updated it's fee structure.
Attendance is also down & the club needs to recoup for that. Please spread the word to your friends about us!!!
Please be sure to let any and all of your friends know about the club & if you have any ideas on how we can grow our membership, please let us know!

A TREMENDOUS thanks goes out to Grant "The G" for providing us with such an awesomely huge space to run & for his time in Setting Up/Tearing Down/Storing & Generally Organizing our Langley GTG's!

Grant's Common room is more expensive than the Common Room in Newton. With that & the fact that we want to continue to run at Grant's and make it as easy as possible for setup & tear down, both the club & Grant will be purchasing some more 50cm track. We also would like to start trying to get some random prizes together here and there so the extra income will also help with that. If you know of somewhere that is selling used 50cm, please let us know!

The new fee structure is as follows & is still less than $20 for the day if you get Pizza & Help out!
$15 for the day
$10 for 4 hours or less
$5 for Pizza
-$5 if you help Setup or Teardown. (Max. $5 back)

Again, please try to bring correct change with you.

We hope to see y'all out at the track SOON!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.01.15, 01:37 PM   #959
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Thumbs up GTG in Newton on Sunday, Jan 22nd!

Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Jan 22nd

Layout: To be determined!

This one will be held @ Dave's Place in Newton

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton
Buzzer #: 39
>>Google Map<<

It's a gated complex, when entering, please wait on the other side for the gate to close completely before advancing.
Press in the code #39 for the clubhouse.
(It's also posted on the intercom board)

The Club House is in the middle of the complex (it's the only single story building.)
Make use of any parking spot that's not a driveway directly in front of someones unit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track setup is @ 9am, Racing by 10-11am & break down for around 4-5pm.
Most people are showing up closer to 11 or 12, come out earlier if you can to help setup or at least start running!

*REMINDER* The fee for this GTG is:
$15 for the day
$10 for 4 hours or less
-$5 if you help Setup or Teardown. (Max. $5 back)
*PLEASE TRY TO BRING CORRECT CHANGE!*

Take our Cell #'s down and bring them with you in case there are any issues:
Ryan F. - (778) 988-3425
Dave W. - (778) 628-1949
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.01.15, 08:51 PM   #960
Gladi8or

Happy New Year guys! I'm in for next Sunday.
Just got my first VE during xmas and I'm very excited to start setting it up.

See you Sunday,
Carlos
Closed Thread