Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.07.30, 08:09 PM   #1
yellowdog

Question mr03ve pcb failure

I think I posted to wrong zone so I post here again.

Hi, I'm a new comer here. I just bought a new mr03ve PCB and this is my second car assembled. However, the pcb board seems weired. I can successfully pair with the car, but not everytime the car can get connected with the transmitter after pairing. I need to on and off the car and transmitter to bind them together for at least several times.

I have another car which can bind with the transmitter everytime under the same environment. As a result, I think that should not be a problem on transmitter itself. Is there any idea about that? thanks.
yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.30, 10:21 PM   #2
dameetz

I want to know this too coz i have the same problem although not too often. When it happened usually i just wait for it about a few seconds sometimes it will eventually pair itself slowly, but if nothing happens I just switch off and on again on the car or the transmitter. On the second time it usually pair very quickly. BTW what transmitter are you using?
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.30, 11:51 PM   #3
yellowdog

I am using a very old airtronic M8 transmitter with KO rf-901sm module, works well with the other car but have problem with second one.
Old 2014.07.30, 11:52 PM   #4
scoobyrs25

Seems to be a normal thing. It happens at random on random boards for me. I spent a half hour trying to get one to bind. It eventually did and was problem free from then on.
scoobyrs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.31, 12:50 AM   #5
Felix2010

This happened to me recently on a MR03ve chassis I built from scratch. The cause for not being able to bind was the connections to the batteries on the chassis were not tight enough. Check the screws that hold the positive and negative power wires to the battery tray on the main chassis.

Hope this helps
Old 2014.07.31, 02:16 AM   #6
yellowdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2010 View Post
This happened to me recently on a MR03ve chassis I built from scratch. The cause for not being able to bind was the connections to the batteries on the chassis were not tight enough. Check the screws that hold the positive and negative power wires to the battery tray on the main chassis.

Hope this helps
This seems quite strange. Mine's connection seems tight with screws. Should I solder wires directly to positive and negative power wires to the battery tray directly instead of screw? Worth to try. Thanks.
Old 2014.07.31, 05:47 AM   #7
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Before you solder you might attempt to disconnect both sides and (1) make sure the side connected to the chassis is the flat side and (2) it is free of anti corrosion coatings. Take a fine tooth file and run across the attaching side to both clean and flatten the surface.

Good luck with it.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.01, 12:36 PM   #8
Felix2010

If the battery wires seem to be tightly screwed down to the chassis, then they are probably not the cause of the non-pairing issue. Soldering is not necessary. I did not solder my battery wires to the chassis. I just tightened them down nice n snug.

Another thing to try to do a complete re-bind process. I have had at least one instance where I thought I successfully completed the bind process to my car but the car would not pair with the Tx when I powered on the car to drive it. After a clean re-bind, the car did pair successfully with the Tx.

These are odd issues, I agree. It seems the bind process is extremely sensitive. I always follow the binding instructions to a "T" to make sure everything is as it should be.
Old 2014.08.01, 10:09 PM   #9
yellowdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2010 View Post
If the battery wires seem to be tightly screwed down to the chassis, then they are probably not the cause of the non-pairing issue. Soldering is not necessary. I did not solder my battery wires to the chassis. I just tightened them down nice n snug.

Another thing to try to do a complete re-bind process. I have had at least one instance where I thought I successfully completed the bind process to my car but the car would not pair with the Tx when I powered on the car to drive it. After a clean re-bind, the car did pair successfully with the Tx.

These are odd issues, I agree. It seems the bind process is extremely sensitive. I always follow the binding instructions to a "T" to make sure everything is as it should be.
Would you instruct me to do a complete clean bind process? Thanks.
Old 2014.08.02, 01:20 AM   #10
herman

greetings and welcome to the forums... kinda bummer hearing what happened... try clicking on my signature - kyosho online manuals, there should be something about it somewhere... hope this helps....
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.10, 10:03 PM   #11
herman

just found out how to do a clean bind...

instead of pressing the throttle button up to the A position, press it down while turning on the power... and release throttle button after 3 seconds...

turn it off...

then proceed with the regular binding procedure... press throttle button up to the A position while turning on the power... and release throttle button after 3 seconds...

hope this helps
Old 2014.08.10, 10:09 PM   #12
herman

ugh... just re-read your post... my suggestions were for a kt-18 transmitter... and you have a m8... you might have to read the trouble shooting section found in the manual of the module...