Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.09.24, 07:33 AM   #76
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I still set my cars up for full lock steering. I guess its my noobishness Im going to work on driving set ups with more steering in them so I can overcome these situations in the future though.

I definitly wasnt expecting as much from the other drivers as I saw. I do think I could have run better with the stock guys. I dont know that I should have been in the A, but I should have finished in the top of the B....or atleast closer to the top.

In AWD I was totally off, and I had WAY too much traction. I stiffened up the car, and ran ASC tires, but I was still traction rolling and couldnt push the car. I like AWD cause I can usually drive it hard and still have control. It wasnt the case up there. The extra traction just threw me a curve I couldnt hit.

I guess it was the same in 2wd. I had a car I could drive....I just couldnt drive it hard enough to make up time. I never could get the front to have as much grip as the rear in any sort of balanced set up. I opted for the easy to drive pushy car, which was definitly the way for me to go, as I didnt have the discipline to drive a demanding car. Had I been more up to par, I think I could have made a few more laps with a more aggressive set up. I just wasnt where I needed to be that weekend.

I guess all I can do is get ready for the race at Nekocon, and then take it from there

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.02, 12:02 PM   #77
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Weve got a new layout!! Its faster than most of the other ones Ive put together, and it is fun!

There are only a couple spots to pass (easily/clean) as usual so racing has been pretty tight the last few race nights.

2EZ - I know you dont like it, but you need to get that AWD out more often. You were more competetive with it last night than Ive seen you in a while. I know we didnt time anything, but you were right on pace with my dad and I. At a couple of points you were a bit faster than I was. You are hard to pass in that thing, and I think with a little fine tuning (when was the last time you drove it? ) you could be winning some races with it.

Last night was a lot of fun. Hopefully we will have a good solid night friday. It will be my last race until after the recovery from my operation Hopefully Ill be back in action within a couple of weeks.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.10.02, 01:21 PM   #78
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
Yep the all wheel drive was flying last night I do plan to get it out more often I ran the 70 wind in the Enzo for a while also and it was real smooth just not fast. The NASCARs were a blast we always enjoy them why don't we get them out more often?? see ya friday!!!
Old 2008.10.02, 02:48 PM   #79
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I know you thought the 70t was slow. I think youll like it a lot better when you arent trying to run it against speedys and Xspeeds. Between my dads two 70t (1 AWD and 1 MR) cars and my two 70t cars, there is only a small margin of difference between our fast laps and means for all of them. I think the 70t really evened out the playing field between him and I (and between AWD and 2wd). Maybe itll bring us all closer

We definitly should run NASCAR every night the track is condusive. Some one just has to speak and say "Hey lets get 'em out!" We need to try and run F1 more too

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.10.03, 09:29 AM   #80
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

I still have the 70 in the Enzo and will give it a chance looking foward to when it is all 70's on the track.
Old 2008.10.10, 09:11 PM   #81
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

Hey hrdrvr, how you doing? Hope all went well. JR
Old 2008.10.11, 05:06 PM   #82
hrdrvr
MBMZR

J - Im doing very well all things considered. The doctor gave me good insight as to what the pain would be like, so I was well prepared mentally. Sarah says I look liko I got hit in the crotch with a baseball bat, and I feel like Ive taken a pretty good kickin'. So, the fact that Im able to be up and around at all is good in my eyes. I even got Daddy Rabbit to pick me up and take me over to the track today for a few laps Ill be back in action for racing next week and may even be at work by weeks end.

We had the floor carpeted while I was out and have rearranged the room for better standing room around the track. It also seems like the grip came up by getting it up off the cool concrete we had been running on for the past few weeks.

Oh and J, you may want to get you an AWD Weve got a new contender you may not want dominating a class you arent racing in. The T man stole a second from my dad the last night I raced. He followed it up with a clean, picture perfect run to take the victory in our last race of the night. We were running mod AWDs, and he was the most consistnt of all of us.

T - Im coming for you with the green vette next week! Ive got some new things Ive done to it that I think will keep me out in front. We shall see though.....we shall see....

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.10.12, 06:19 PM   #83
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Well come on I have made no changes and if the track now has more grip then I might even be faster. I plan to pull the AWD out when you guys do don't want you pushing my 2wheel around when you make that now famous "Landon Lean" to pass!!!
Glad ya doing well see ya soon!
Old 2008.10.13, 01:54 PM   #84
Daddy Rabbit

2EZ & DAMZer,
LT and I went back over to the track yesterday again, you know I have to take every advantage while he may not be up to par. Seriously he is recupperating very well, you can't beat that youth vactor.

J you and the T man should think about coming up for NekoCon, it looks like that some of the guys at regionals are going to be there along with some guys from NC. I think it's going to be a good turn out.

LT thinks he is going to make it Wed and I will there after jury duty, i look foward to when ever you guys get back and by the way J, there is a new track layout and new personal times on the board ha ha.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.19, 05:04 PM   #85
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

Wish I could get up there more often, but I'm traveling out of the country ever 2 weeks now...........should let up as we approach the holidays, my fingers are crossed.

As long as the times you post are with the 2WD, I might stand a chance, can't touch you with your 4WD. I have ZERO confidence with that chassis. Strange, but that's what I run in 1/10th. Guess it's like any other class, got to spend lots of time running and tweaking to get it right. Track time is what I don't have a lot of anymore.

Good Luck at the NekoCon
Old 2008.10.30, 03:32 PM   #86
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks for the wishes of luck at NekoCon J!

Just an update, we recently drew in a few new racers. One of the guys works at the LHS, and another runs 1/8th scale buggies, and had a history of running on road up in MD. The latter of the two also has two sons who ran VERY strong in their first race night. He also has quite a few 1/8 scale buddies he has been introducing to MiniZ. Our group has taken off recently, and it looks like we will be able to compete in the HFAY events as well as jumping into next seasons point series. MiniZ has never been this exciting at the beach

BTW, to all interested parties we will be running in the december "big track" HFAY event. Get your stock motors out, or shoot Brian at saltlakeminiZ an order for a couple of HFAY spec motors. Here is the thread with details and the posted layout.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29757

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.10.30, 05:14 PM   #87
kromie101

there's a new team in town. TEAM WEAVER.

eric
collin
griffin

the trains aaaa comin,so ya better get off the tracks.LOL

man i had an awesome time last night.

for those who have never been here, it is a top notch place to race. i've only been twice and i feel like i've raced their for ever. first class group of guys.if ya come down for vacation or live here ya gotta come check it out.

btw,landon ya better gear that LM up for next week.LOL talk to ya soon.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 08:38 AM   #88
hrdrvr
MBMZR

TEAM WEAVER is definitly the new force in MB Im glad you found us and I look forward to many more nights of fun competetive racing with you, your boys, and hopefully some more of your racing friends

I neeeed to do something with the LM car. I may have to do some stock motor swapping and find one that has enough speed to hang with you Otherwise Ill just pray you constantly get stuck in traffic, lol. I guess the true test will be when you get your own, and weve got Collin on the track with us too Its going to make for interesting races.

Im all excited about next wednesday now. I wish we were running tonight. I may have to run some practice laps with Daddy Rabbit.

Next week will be fun. Im going to get one of my AM cars suited up so Todd and/or his son will have something to run. If he falls in line with your sons, we will have a very strong group to run with. I may end up back as a B main driver, lol.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.10.31, 01:21 PM   #89
kromie101

hopefully i get my stuff tomorrow cause it did'nt come in the mail today.i about tackled the mail lady out of her truck. i told todd i would bring the boy's car's with me next wed also so they could play.

yeah o'll daddy rabbit and me were mixin it up behind you one race.we traded places a bunch of times. i wanna get a frieght train going around the track.

man i'll tell ya i had a blast last wed.i feel like a crack head,need to get my RC fix every weekLOL

landon,have you ever tried breaking in a stock motor ?like out of the car. just wondering if it helps in the long run. 1/10 it was well worth it. and did you say they make an awd chassie with 2.4?

cya soon
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 01:49 PM   #90
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Todd will probably have a better experience with 2.4 then he will with AM since he is used to running quality cars. Ill still get one ready in case he wants to try something other than an LM car.

TinyRc is usually quick with the shipping. I would almost guarantee you would get it tommorrow, but definitly no later than monday.

There is an AWD chassis kit. Its Kyosho part - 30560ASF-B. They have them in stock here at the MZR shop.
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=395&page=1

Also, Shane let me know today that James is willing to order Kyosho stuff for us at 843. He said as long as its over $100 he would get it within 4-5 days. That chassis kit usually comes with K 20 rears and 30 fronts, so your tires will be set out of the box. You will need a body to run on it though. Ive tried quite a few and like the vette and the F360 GPC version. A lot guys run the GT350Z on their AWDs too. Just make sure you get a 90 or 94mm body. If you get a 98mm, then youll need an extension kit and longer gears to go along with it.

Oh yeah, I used to break in motors religiously. Then, I got to where I would just lube them up real well and run them half throttle for a while in the car (but with no pinion gear). One of the guys at our track said he noticed a huge difference by doing the water break in (same method I used) but I didnt notice any difference between the real method and mine.

When I went up to the event in PA, there were guys there breaking in their hand out stock motors on machines and others with water. I did my usual thing, and my motors seemed to be just as fast as every one elses. Im convinced now that what Im doing is good enough for me

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2008.10.31 at 01:54 PM.