Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2010.11.14, 04:47 PM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.52 of Flip Side Racing software available

Version 0.52 of Flip Side Racing software is available.

Some changes of interest for this build are the software now remembers the position and size of the window when it is closed, you can delete Make/Models using the utility on the config. screen, a graphics bug in Windows with racers greater than 8 has been fixed and I think Robitronic hardware support is now complete.

Go to the Flip Side Racing website to download the latest release:
Flip Side Racing

The full release notes can be found here:
Release Notes

I would suggest making a backup copy of the software before running this. This build will alter your database so you will not be able to downgrade to a previous release.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.15, 12:32 PM   #2
Racer-HH

Great. I will download and test later...
Old 2010.11.16, 07:00 AM   #3
Racer-HH

Downloaded and tested. Edit and delete of models and makes is a great addition and working perfedtly. Everthing else seems to run smooth as usual. Thank you very much!
Old 2010.12.05, 02:54 AM   #4
Racer-HH

A question to the developer: we had the situation last Friday, that several cars had their first best lap time announced after some laps. We think, that it is because the software does not announce the first lap time and if the following laps are slower wont announce them either as long as the in-lap-time is not beat. Is there a chance to change this? Or is this function implemented with in intention?
Old 2010.12.06, 07:34 PM   #5
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-HH View Post
A question to the developer: we had the situation last Friday, that several cars had their first best lap time announced after some laps. We think, that it is because the software does not announce the first lap time and if the following laps are slower wont announce them either as long as the in-lap-time is not beat. Is there a chance to change this? Or is this function implemented with in intention?
The current design was intentional. I supress the annoucements for the first lap as otherwise the software would be talking a lot for the first lap. Since everyones first lap would always be there best lap it would end up saying the best lap time for everyone which seems very excessive to me.

You are correct that if after that point the laps are slower then you do not get an announcement about the best lap. Though I had expected this to be rare as typically the first lap is not your fastest overall.

If you think this is something people would really use I could come up with a configuration option but it seemed like the software would be talking very excessively announcing this for everyone on the first lap.
Old 2010.12.07, 02:52 AM   #6
Racer-HH

You are right about the excessive announcements in a race environment. The idea arose in a training session, when guys usually do not start at the same time but just drop by, race for best time. Sometimes the in-lap is pretty quick, so the current setup is a little bit confusing.
If you see a possible "option" on this to be implemented without much trouble I / we would love to have it.
Old 2010.12.07, 09:51 AM   #7
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-HH View Post
You are right about the excessive announcements in a race environment. The idea arose in a training session, when guys usually do not start at the same time but just drop by, race for best time. Sometimes the in-lap is pretty quick, so the current setup is a little bit confusing.
If you see a possible "option" on this to be implemented without much trouble I / we would love to have it.
In this case are you using the Free Play race type then? I can probably come up with something but am curious about the race configuration you are using.

If there are very few people on the track at a time then you could consider changing the lap indicator. Instead of a beep the software will call out each lap time or will call out the difference between the current lap and your best lap (announcing new best laps as well). This is adjusted on the Race Config. screen using the Lap Indication option.
Old 2010.12.08, 02:15 PM   #8
Racer-HH

Here is a picture of the config screen...

Thanks for your additional input. We will try next training day at the club, but I think this will incease announcements to an unpleasent level.