Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2011.09.22, 10:26 PM   #16
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Hey if you need some paint let me know, I can get you a good discount at Sherwin Williams.
Old 2011.09.23, 08:07 AM   #17
Daddy Rabbit

Heck, he doesn't need paint, he needs painters, you know any?
Jay, can't wait to see all you guys down here for the race, please talk it up at HSH.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.23, 08:56 AM   #18
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Too bad you guys aren't closer I would be glad to help out, probably would not be cost effective to use my guys.

We do travel though if would like to hire us we will give you a good deal for sure!

Haven't had much time for racing lately, hopefully will be at Highspeed next week though.
Old 2011.09.23, 02:33 PM   #19
Daddy Rabbit

Jay
I was just kidding, there is not much painting to be done considering the size of the store.
We are looking forward to racing with you and the gang again.
Old 2011.09.23, 07:38 PM   #20
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
Ewe? double u...
Haha! Now that is the most creative answer I've ever heard to my riddle of a middle....name I know.....cheesy. I should clarify, the 3 letters are used twice each to make what would be a 6 letter name. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyboy View Post
Wow, this sounds awesome Landon! I would love to go see it in person one day
Hank, you know you will be welcome to come up any time! IF you make it on the 5th, Ill make sure to have a hooked up arrive and drive for whatever class you'd like to run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
I hope this brings many new faces into the class. Best of luck to you.
Thanks Mike. I am all about growing the hobby. Hopefully I can bring it to my area, and in turn, bring more racers to all of the east coast events! Because of this, I'll probably miss out on the ALS race at Mimi's, but hopefully by your next event Ill have the store set up where I can start traveling to races again! I talked to Gary about y'alls dates, and some of y'all possibly coming down for this. Hope some of you guys can make it. I think Matt is coming down. It would be cool to have the RR trio of Mike, Mike, and Matt in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Another reason to visit when I see my brother in law next spring! Awesome news Landon!
Do it Derek, do it! Like I said before, it'll be a trek, but I guess considering you'll be traveling all the way across the continent, it wont be much further We will surely have regular Saturday racing, and will hopefully have a solid group by the time you come out our way. Can't wait to meet you in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Wow Landon, that's pretty cool. At ILR, a lot of people walk in and try out the rental cars. I don't know if you plan to do this but I think it is a good way to get people to buy the cars...hopefully bringing you new racers.
Luke, getting in touch with Binh has been on my short list for a while. Problem is, my short list is pretty long these days I definitely would like to see how he makes the rentals work so well, as I think it would be a great addition to my store in the mall settings. Even if I never get to talk to him, Ill probably be implementing some type of rental program pretty early on. One question, does he use AM or 2.4 cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
Hey if you need some paint let me know, I can get you a good discount at Sherwin Williams.
I got all the paint I need with a great discount at Andy Thompson's, lol. The office had a 5 gallon bucket of the paint from the addition we last built. Needless to say CFI is short about 2.5 gallons of paint I probably wont need it all, but when I return the bucket, It'll be a little lighter! And dad, before you think I stole it out from under ya, I asked the real boss (mom) before taking it

I'll get the rules and whatnot posted up very soon. I'm going to go with Can Am for the third class, and will play the beginner class by ear. Can Am is sure to bring more participants, and it will ensure that we have a class for every one!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.23, 08:14 PM   #21
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

OK... Emmett. (?) That was harder than Ewe! Glad to know you aren't named after a sheep. Anyway back to the real topic... LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.09.23, 08:20 PM   #22
blt456

I think I know what he's basically doing...if you want I can message you on here or fb and tell you how he has the whole rental system set up. He converted all of the cars to spektrum.
Old 2011.09.23, 08:36 PM   #23
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
I think I know what he's basically doing...if you want I can message you on here or fb and tell you how he has the whole rental system set up. He converted all of the cars to spektrum.
Landon get in touch with Binh....He is the grandmaster of mini z and ILR is the Mecca......
His rentals are solid and bullet proof.....when I was there I counted he has 24 rentals(you might not need that many to start)...all 2.4 losi spektrum.....Its an investment but the cars run great and all you see is happy renters....when I was at ILR i witnessed all 24 rentals driving on 2 tracks and there was a waiting line for rentals.....Binh his wife and his crew dont miss a beat....they have a system for keeping track of rental times battery charging and either hosting a birthday party and or racing.....
I dont know what your rent is but you know you gotta keep the track full of cars to cover expenses......you need solid reliable rentals that are easy to drive and that dont break....
BTW....I wish you the Best.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.25, 10:37 AM   #24
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Pedro, getting very close

Luke, George, Thanks for the info so far. If either of you want to message me more details on FB that would be awesome. Since the new changes over there, I haven;t been checking often, but I will get the message eventually. A PM here would be good as well

I updated the first page with detailed rules. I think Can Am suits more people, so went ahead and made it the official third class. If there is a ton of interest for F1 (I'd love to run it!) then Ill run it too, but maybe with limited qualifiers, and lots of cars on track to save time.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.09.27, 09:16 AM   #25
Daddy Rabbit

Tannie it was good to see you last night at the new place and remember to keep the Nov 5th date open for the race. The store is going to be a great place to race when LT is finished with it. Can't wait.
Old 2011.09.27, 10:32 AM   #26
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I really appreciate all the support for the new store guys! I went ahead and made a thread for it in our local section, so lets take the chatter over there, and leave this thread for actual event discussion!

I'm working on some deals with local hotels, and I'll have that information up very soon! In the mean time feel free to check expedia/hotels.com/ etc.. for pricing. Honestly, I usually find better deals through them than what the hotels offer me direct. This is considered "off season" to the hotels, so pricing should be pretty fair! You should be able to stay right on the beach for cheap. I just did a quick search on expedia and found 20+ locations for $50 or under, with quite of few of them being right on the beach!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.09.27, 11:25 AM   #27
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

plus there is also 2 hotels right beside the mall. one is a courtyard by marriot, the other one i am unsure of.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.27, 08:27 PM   #28
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Put down a layout today. Looks pretty sweet!

Racing on something like this is going to be awesome!

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.09.27, 08:40 PM   #29
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
looks like it will be hard to see the rt side infield if u stand on the rt side

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.27, 09:08 PM   #30
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i was thinking the same thing when we set it up but once on the drivers stand you can see everything.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote