Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.12.26, 05:42 AM   #1
NoBrainer

ZRound and questions?

Hi
This is all new to me and I need a place to ask all the questions...
Using Win7 32-bit and ZRound 1.11 beta 4 with these questions.

1) Best track record:
Is it possible to keep track records separate?
Like, if I store "Hometrack" as one track. "Officetrack" as another.
Then when I get a new best lap time for "Hometrack" it gives me a sound.
And when I use "Officetrack" and beat the track record it gives me a sound.
But I won't get "Track best lap time" before I actually beat the best time for this track?
What I get under "practice" now, is a lot of "track best lap time" sounds just because it won't consider what my best time is for this track.
And when I start I'm always getter better the 3-10 first laps and I get that sound all the time, but I have not beaten my best track lap time. Just for this event.

2) Spanish:
"Drivers database" -> "Add" -> "Car properties" -> "Flag" -> then I get everything i spanish. Could you please make it in english? I get it to work, but I don't understand what I'm doing... hihi like thats something new.

3) 1 race competition:
If I just do a lot of training and then want run a 8 min race.
Not a championship. Do I have to configure a championship? Or can I register the drivers somewhere? Just for one race?

4) Connection:
I have Robitronic. The Icon on the "front page" have a red dot and "Disconnected" besides it.
Is it possible to make this a button, so that I can just push this button to make ZRound connect my Robitronic. Instead of having to go inside "Options" -> "Robitronic" -> push "Connect"??

So far it's a very powerful program.
Really love it, but I'm a hobby racer and don't to tournaments. I'm trying to get the hang of it, so please hold out all my questions...

Last edited by NoBrainer; 2011.12.26 at 05:51 AM.
NoBrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 06:09 AM   #2
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainer View Post
Hi

1) Best track record:
But I won't get "Track best lap time" before I actually beat the best time for this track?
What I get under "practice" now, is a lot of "track best lap time" sounds just because it won't consider what my best time is for this track.
And when I start I'm always getter better the 3-10 first laps and I get that sound all the time, but I have not beaten my best track lap time. Just for this event.
Not yet. If you change the layout you should "delete records" to prevent wrong announcements. It can be done in the "drivers" view.

In my club it is the same. We use to change the layout several times a year and we must to "reset" the training lap times each time we do it. I will add soon the layout managing feature in order to control what times are registered in what layout.

Quote:
2) Spanish:
"Drivers database" -> "Add" -> "Car properties" -> "Flag" -> then I get everything i spanish. Could you please make it in english? I get it to work, but I don't understand what I'm doing... hihi like thats something new.
OK. I will check it.

Quote:
3) 1 race competition:
If I just do a lot of training and then want run a 8 min race.
Not a championship. Do I have to configure a championship? Or can I register the drivers somewhere? Just for one race?
You can setup a "single" race. You must register into ZRound the racers who will run and click on the "flag" icon (start race). A description and a filename will be asked in order to save the times. The race duration, start mode, etc. must be configured as desired from the ZRound race control panel.

If you want to manage heats and mains you must use the Championship manager and create the championship before defining the race. I use to have a championship where I put all single races to prevent to have a champ. for each race.

In my club we use to go to practice some days. We like to run "little races" with some of those people. There is no heats and the results are not archived, simply we run and fun. There is an special way ZRound can work and it is improved in the next release ...

Best regards,

Jesús.
http://www.zround.com
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 06:30 AM   #3
LED

Quote:
Hi
Using Win7 32-bit and ZRound 1.11 beta 4 with these questions.

1) Best track record:
I actually requested this from Jesus like 1.5 years ago but he is to lazy to put it in (Just joking, he's put in like a billion things on my request )
Anyway, I have an excel sheet made myself wich does it for me. You can save a trackrecord you just did, or restore one if you ever use the same track again. But you have use excel for it.

Altough I havent used it for a while, I'm sure it still works.
PM me your email adres and I'l send it to you in a mail.

About the robitronic. I never have to go to the menu to click connect. If you set it up once and save the config it will start itself next time. You simply have to use the same com port each time. Even if you use an USB adapter always make sure you use the same USB port on your computer. Because using a different one assigns a different COM port to the adapter. Then the light is green as soon as you start the race manager.
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 07:27 AM   #4
NoBrainer

Thanks guys!!

I don't use Excel, so I don't need that sheet.
It's not hard to keep track of best scores, but since my slaptop and robitronic probably is going several places and with different track layouts, it would be nice to just use ZRound to keep track of it.

Often it's when you practise you get the fastest laps. But then again, I could just start a 7 hours enduro....

I have just tried to fix my bridge. It got a little to big for my small track, so now I have to test if it works like it should.

And Jesus, I think you have done a great job on championships. But the training lacks some small parts. It's just a great program and works like charm.

LED, I first tried it with Lap-Z. Tested so many things. So it might be somethings that still are "recorded" somewhere. That might be the problem.
Maybe if I reinstall everything, it might just work.
The COM port don't change, but I still have to activate it. That's why I might like the idea of just "press button" to active it from the front page. Same with "de-activate". If you're doing something to the bridge.

I'm new to this, so I'm figuring out what I need and ask Jesus to take a look at it.
If he don't want it, it's his program and he is free to do what he wants. But if my questions maybe gets into the ZRound, maybe it helps others??

Of to check if my bridge still works...
Old 2011.12.26, 08:25 AM   #5
NoBrainer

Oh... found another one...

"Practice" and "Duration".
You should be able to run a "practice" without any "duration".
Like now, I had time set for 5 min and it just stops without telling me.
But I would like the possibility to "remove" Duration, so that I can practice all night without thinking about the timer. Just to see if my laps getting better or closer to each other.

I like the idea of a ex. 10 min practice if I'm going to have a championship. But if I'm going to just run all night. It would be better for me to just start "practice" and forget about it.
Then I could see if I'm beating my old record or not.
This is good if I want to check if my setup changes for my car is better or worse.

EDIT: after 132 laps an no miss reading, I'm happy with this one.
Now I need to test it with multiple cars on the track

Last edited by NoBrainer; 2011.12.26 at 08:58 AM.
NoBrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 10:02 AM   #6
LED

Set the practice time at 0 and it will just go on and on
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.26, 11:11 AM   #7
NoBrainer

Thanks!
Will do that
Old 2011.12.26, 02:00 PM   #8
zround

Quote:
Oh... found another one...

"Practice" and "Duration".
You should be able to run a "practice" without any "duration".
Like now, I had time set for 5 min and it just stops without telling me.
But I would like the possibility to "remove" Duration, so that I can practice all night without thinking about the timer. Just to see if my laps getting better or closer to each other.

I like the idea of a ex. 10 min practice if I'm going to have a championship. But if I'm going to just run all night. It would be better for me to just start "practice" and forget about it.
Then I could see if I'm beating my old record or not.
This is good if I want to check if my setup changes for my car is better or worse.

EDIT: after 132 laps an no miss reading, I'm happy with this one.
Now I need to test it with multiple cars on the track
I use "Staggered" mode for free trainings so when the training session is limited in time (5min in your setup) a new session is created after every 5minutes. I like to use time limited session to know how good should I run in heat or main. You can review all your training sessions in details by using ZViewer and loading the datafile saved into the "Entrenamientos" folder.

If you use "Le mans" mode on trainings, the clock will stop when the race duration goes and you will need to start again the practice.

The system save your personal best own lap and warn you if you beat it (different beep and/or text announced can be configured). Also it warns you about the time left on your training session, the estimation laps/time you will do and the finish of the session and what results you achieved. I love the feature and it allows me to compare different training session and different setups but if you prefer to not limit the practice time it is your way and you can do it. It depends on you and not on the software, just set practice time to 0 as LED said.

Moreover, you can setup a different training session time for each racer. You can do it by editing the "training time" into the racer's properties form. People can run in unlimited training session and I can run on X min rounds if I want.

There are other possibilities as reset the training session by stopping the car under the bridge for 5seconds. But it is not of your interest if you want unlimitted training time.

In the next release, all training results are also saved on the database and can be viewed in ZRound itself.

On the other hand, you can control the "warm up" time on championship races to setup the time the racers have before start the race. You must do it into the "trainings" page when configuring the race. Also you must define if you want "Le mans" or "Staggered" start mode on trainings. I like "Le Mans" mode for trainings.
When you start the training (warm up) before the race, the race setup in the championship manager is mandatory (you don't need to modify your default setup for free trainings). If you want unlimited warm up time (you must control the time yourself) you can left the training time to 0.

Regarding the training features you miss, suggestions are welcome. All the current features are available thanks to the people's suggestions and my own needs. I really think it should cover all your needs without changes but the results by layout mentioned. But, as I said, please let me know what you need to see if it can be implemented.

Finally, if you change your lapcounter you must go to the configuration page to activate the one used. If I receive new requests to include in the mainform a new button/shortcut to allow changing the lapcounter hardware I will consider to include it. For the meantime, you must continue going to the setup page to activate the right one. As you said, you don't need to change any setting, only click on the "activate" check.

Jesús Broceńo

PS: LED is right, I'm too lazy to implement the results by layout feature suggested by him 1.5 year ago but better late than never

Last edited by zround; 2011.12.26 at 02:05 PM.
Old 2011.12.26, 05:29 PM   #9
NoBrainer

Thanks!

I uninstalled Lap-Z Nitro and ZRound. Cleaned my registry and rebooted my slaptop.
Then I installed ZRound again and still I have to activate Robitronic each time.
I chose the Robitronic as timing system upon install.

Don't know why this is happening.
Old 2011.12.26, 06:10 PM   #10
zround

Quote:
Thanks!

I uninstalled Lap-Z Nitro and ZRound. Cleaned my registry and rebooted my slaptop.
Then I installed ZRound again and still I have to activate Robitronic each time.
I chose the Robitronic as timing system upon install.

Don't know why this is happening.
I have tested to check Robitronic and restart and it is enabled as expected. If your system doesn't enable the lapcounter after restaring, it may be it can't save the settings ... Are other settings saved and restored when you restart the application (i.e. "min lap time")? if the answer is no you can have a "permissions" issue. Otherwise, the Robitronic option should be saved also (on zround.ini configuration file) and it should be restored when you start ZRound again.

You must know the system doesn't try to connect to Robitronic at startup so don't worry if you see the "disconnected" state. It will connect to the decoder when you start a practice or run. Of course, the "Enable Robitronic" box must be checked so the question is if that option saved properly and restored. Is it?

LapZ works in a different way. It will try to connect to the bridge at startup and if it can't do it, automatically will deactivate the option. If you start ZRound without the bridge connected you will need to "reactivate" it after connecting LapZ bridge again.

Jesús Broceńo.

Last edited by zround; 2011.12.26 at 06:14 PM. Reason: LapZ tip
Old 2011.12.27, 05:31 AM   #11
NoBrainer

Yeah, I "must" know by now

sorry.....
Old 2011.12.27, 08:27 AM   #12
zround

Quote:

Yeah, I "must" know by now

sorry.....
hahahahaha, . Don't worry. Do not hesitate to ask whatever you don't understand or you want to do and you don't know how.

I know the system becomes tricky sometimes but eventually you will see it is easier then it looks like

Regards.
Old 2011.12.28, 06:51 PM   #13
NoBrainer

I have no clue what you are doing for the next release, but here comes some questions....

Is it possible to hide the "techinal" window when practicing?
The lower left window with all the technical stuff.

Is it possible to get larger fonts? Adjustable font size would be awesome for my use.
I use just a 42" LCD and from 4 m the text gets a little small. I don't use HD since my slaptop don't support HD resolutins.

Under "ZRound Settings" -> "Sound" -> there is 2x "best own time". Is there any difference between them?

When enabling "Speech", I get "Anna" to tell me the best lap times etc. But she says "6201 seconds" and not "6,201 seconds". Is this possible to adjust this??

The folders you make and the file naming. Is it possible to get that in english?
I found what I was looking for, but it was just guessng.

Can't say how much I love this software. Just great work!!
Old 2011.12.28, 07:43 PM   #14
zround

Quote:
I have no clue what you are doing for the next release, but here comes some questions....

Is it possible to hide the "techinal" window when practicing?
The lower left window with all the technical stuff.
No, there isn't a "hide" button but you can stretch the view by using the vertical separator in the between the log and the lap times view. Just put the mouse over the line and you will be able to move left the line making smaller the log view.

You can also hide all the bottom detailed data by using the "hide events" button (1) while you can see lap times window maximized by using the "make lap times window bigger" button (2)

Quote:
Is it possible to get larger fonts? Adjustable font size would be awesome for my use.
I use just a 42" LCD and from 4 m the text gets a little small. I don't use HD since my slaptop don't support HD resolutins.
Why don't you use the secondary monitor view(3)?. Usually Laptops can work with an external monitor. If you setup the Windows Desktop Extended you will be able to have the "control" view on laptop and a "public" view. This secondary view can be configured with the values you want with configurable font size.

See "monitor" configuration page. Don't forget to check the "full screen on secondary monitor" if you use extended desktop. ZRound will use full screen without title bar and will place the window automatically on the LCD TV.
Quote:
Under "ZRound Settings" -> "Sound" -> there is 2x "best own time". Is there any difference between them?
It is a translation "mistake". The first one is played when you do your best lap time in the current session. The last one is played ONLY when you break your own personal best lap record.
Quote:
When enabling "Speech", I get "Anna" to tell me the best lap times etc. But she says "6201 seconds" and not "6,201 seconds". Is this possible to adjust this??
- ZRound sends the times in text format to the synthesis engine.
- The numeric format is read from the Windows Regional Settings.

For example, if your regional settings uses "," (comma) for decimas and you use an "english" voice then 6,201 is read as "six thousands two hundred one" instead of "six comma two hundred one". The regional settings must be coherent with the voice used.

Also, you can set the number of "decimal places in lap time reading" to 2. I think the number will be interpreted as secs - pause - cents.

Quote:
The folders you make and the file naming. Is it possible to get that in english?
I found what I was looking for, but it was just guessng.
No, it isn't. But when you use the Championship Manager a full html output is generated including an index.html with the "race tree menu". It is in the language you use the software.
You can see an example of a web page using the ZRound html output (sorry, it is in spanish) in http://madriz.zround.com/laps/Campeonato.aspx

Each championship folder includes the index.html file to hold all the races and results.

Quote:

Can't say how much I love this software. Just great work!!
. Thank you.

Jesus.

Last edited by zround; 2011.12.28 at 07:46 PM.
Old 2011.12.29, 04:24 AM   #15
NoBrainer

Ah, going to check regional settings. Since thats where I know there is a difference.

Ah, I forgot about that possibility with the extra monitor.