Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.08.24, 10:46 AM   #166
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

In the prep for the whistler gtg I've been thinking about how the Whistler F1GP will shape up.

A regular grand prix weekend has 3 timed practice sessions, 2 timed for 1.5hr and one that is 1hr. I don't think we have with time for that and enjoy other sedan class racing so I'm gong to half those amounts. These are specific to F1 only and will be free of other cars.... which also means that F1s are only allowed on track during these practice sessions and keep other time free for sedan class.

FP1-45 min
FP2-45 min
FP3- 30 min

Qualifying sessions are timed events and have a knockout quality to them. We obviously will not have an entire grid of 20ish racers to contend with but based on attendance I will figure out a knockout format. Times and knockout example below and will have short breaks in between sessions for battery changes if needed:

(Based on 6 racers)
Q1: 12min-5 fastest move to Q2/slowest eliminated
Q2: 9min- 4 fastest move to Q3/slowest eliminated
Q3: 6min- timed for grid positions

The actual GP will be a timed event lasting 30-40min and can include a battery "pit stop "... I'm not set in stone about the Larry part but I would like a longer than normal heat to get the feel of F1.

Thoughts?

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.08.29, 06:46 PM   #167
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So as it turns out I'm going to have to cancel the upcoming Mini-Z gtg in Whistler.

I just got offered and accepted a big landscape reno/rebuild that will take up a lot of my time in September and part of October.

See you guys in late October, hopefully.

my custom body album...
Old 2019.07.19, 08:46 AM   #168
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So just a quick bump for members who still visit this page:

The upcoming gtg date of Sunday August 11, 2019 is scheduled for Whistler.

Sunny Weather means it's at my house in the hammerheads section of our complex.

Rainy day weather will be located at The Creekside Underground parking.

Im working on track layouts for both locations so stay tuned.

Race theme to come...a new twist for our club!

my custom body album...
Old 2019.07.19, 12:41 PM   #169
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So Ive been contemplating this idea for a while and i think i have enough space to try it:

The first ever Rally Cross Mini Z event!

1. 20 lap heats
2. 2 "Joker" laps during heats

For those who aren't aware, a joker lap is a section of track that begins and ends on parts of the main lap. Usually adds time and the idea is to level the field during heats.

I plan on flipping the joker lap section to the smooth surface to add a bit more difference/challenge.

In my mind this will work....

my custom body album...
Old 2019.07.21, 11:06 PM   #170
gctkaz

Thank you for your gracious hosting again, Derek. I hope to be able to make it out!
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.02, 02:46 PM   #171
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Unfortunate update:

I made a quick tour of the underground venue to find Whistler/Blackcomb have removed all power outlets. (EV's stealing power/charging)

Since there isn't enough fresh air to run a generator I believe we will plan on cancelling the GTG *IF* there is a chance of rain.

Update on weather will come via text from Ryan on Saturday August 10.

my custom body album...
Old 2019.08.06, 02:30 PM   #172
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Seeing I didn't see this here as of yet I thought I'd post it up.

I believe Derek is wanting to keep the Rally Cross event to a specific Chassis/Class.

90mm Open & 98mm Open.
This does NOT mean that if you don't have a 90 or 98mm chassis that you cannot run at all. It simply means that during these specific races you will have to sit out. The races are going to only be 20laps so they will be over pretty quick. There will still be plenty of one off races & practice time for other chassis.

The weather is currently looking iffy with 60% chance of showers.
We will be looking at ALL of the weather sites on Saturday afternoon/evening & we'll post up the final decision then.

Here's to things turning around as we hope to see ya'll up at the track on Sunday!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.09, 06:52 PM   #173
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation Sunday August 11th Whistler GTG cancelled due to rain.

The title says it all.

The big guy upstairs just doesn't want us to play this weekend. At least it'll possibly help with some of the fires. *cries a little inside*
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.25, 10:40 PM   #174
gctkaz

Big thank you to Derek and Sarah for your hospitality - great track, brownies and dinner.

Thank you Dave W. for preparing lunch, and everyone else for being good sports. Really glad I came out this year. Hope to see you again soon.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote