Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.06.03, 09:00 PM   #1
aphit89

Digit in Maha Charger MH C9000

Please tell me .....is 1000 ma equal with 1 amp in maha charger MH c9000? thank you
aphit89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.03, 09:22 PM   #2
Volt

mA = milliamp

1000 millimeters per meter
1000 milliamps per amp
etc.

Interesting Fact:
Three nations have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States.
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.21, 07:25 AM   #3
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

When using the refesh and analyze mode on the C9000, at the end of the cycle I get Mah reading and voltage reading and time(in minutes).

1) Basicaly do I use the Mah and voltage reading I get at the end of the cycle to match my batteries?
2) The final Mah reading is smaller then the actual rated 9000 Mah of the battery, but the battery's performance in the Miniz is fine. Why is this Mah number smaller?
3) The time it takes to charge should I take this into consideration when matching cells?
4) Is there a way to obtain internal resistance of the cell with the C9000? I know the charger does an impedance test and if its high then its recomended to git rid of the battery but can I get actual numbers for resistance?

Thanks

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.21, 10:18 AM   #4
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
When using the refesh and analyze mode on the C9000, at the end of the cycle I get Mah reading and voltage reading and time(in minutes).

1) Basicaly do I use the Mah and voltage reading I get at the end of the cycle to match my batteries?
2) The final Mah reading is smaller then the actual rated 9000 Mah of the battery, but the battery's performance in the Miniz is fine. Why is this Mah number smaller?
3) The time it takes to charge should I take this into consideration when matching cells?
4) Is there a way to obtain internal resistance of the cell with the C9000? I know the charger does an impedance test and if its high then its recomended to git rid of the battery but can I get actual numbers for resistance?

Thanks
1,bit of both,mine are matched by mah and volts(you can match mins but 90%of the time they do match up the same if you do mah anyway)
2,the manufacturers rating is not correct under normal circumstances,they probably obtain that figure from the lowest charge/discharge they can get away with.
my orion 900's are all around 700-780mah,duracell 1000's 800-900mah the closest ive measured is intellect 750's at 740-760mah but they only tend to last a season.
3,nope
4,no reading for it,i use a muchmore cell master for that but 1 cell at a time
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.21, 01:54 PM   #5
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
1,bit of both,mine are matched by mah and volts(you can match mins but 90%of the time they do match up the same if you do mah anyway)
2,the manufacturers rating is not correct under normal circumstances,they probably obtain that figure from the lowest charge/discharge they can get away with.
my orion 900's are all around 700-780mah,duracell 1000's 800-900mah the closest ive measured is intellect 750's at 740-760mah but they only tend to last a season.
3,nope
4,no reading for it,i use a muchmore cell master for that but 1 cell at a time
Thanks mk2kompressor.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 09:16 PM   #6
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Hi Maha.
First would lake to thanks this company for the excellent fine product specially the Maha C-9000 and the superb customers support service we as consumers can enjoy
Well to the point that bring me here. My reading after I charge my Orion’s 900's on both of my C-9000, the final reading is practically the same as the ones posted here by mk2kompressor, @ 700-780mah. However if I charge the same batteries in another charger (not mentioning name as respect to Maha) the readings are higher, been charged at the same mA, any particular reason for this?
Perhaps the other charger delivers imprudent amount of mA that overloads the batteries?
Conceivably a battery issue?
Thanks in advance for your time & cordial reply to my dilemma.
Cheers

Last edited by eztuner12; 2009.04.19 at 09:20 PM.
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.21, 03:14 PM   #7
BobT

Are your batteries warm when they come off the Maha?

If they are they are warm they are fully charged.
If they are hot they are over-charged (bad).
If they are cool they are under-charged.

If they are coming off all your chargers warm and running the same I would be more suspicious of whether the chargers are calculating the mah correctly. that would be an inconvinience but not anything to worry about.
Old 2009.06.21, 03:55 PM   #8
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobT View Post
Are your batteries warm when they come off the Maha?

If they are they are warm they are fully charged.
If they are hot they are over-charged (bad).
If they are cool they are under-charged.

If they are coming off all your chargers warm and running the same I would be more suspicious of whether the chargers are calculating the mah correctly. that would be an inconvinience but not anything to worry about.
Hi Bob T.

They do come out the Maha, between warms and cool I would say, when not using a fan while charging, as it is my custom.

I charged my batteries on my Maha a few times without the fan, as a test, to see if they would be charged over the 700-780mah rank, but they did charged about the same.

On the other charger, if I don’t use the fan, the batteries will end the charging very hot, not burn hot, but HOT indeed

Again thank you for the help

Cheers

Last edited by eztuner12; 2009.06.21 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2009.06.22, 10:47 AM   #9
BobT

Richard,

It sounds as though the set-back voltage, sometimes referred to at the Delta voltage is set higher on the other charger (not the Maha). This means it is looking for more voltage drop before it shuts off. This would account for it charging longer and therefore showing higher Mah.

Rechargable batteries are a chemical mix and heating those chemicals can cause them to boil off. This depleats the battery's ability to hold a charge.

Nimh only require about 3 to 4 millivolt of drop-back. Nicads required 8 to 10 millivolt per cell to get a full charge. Many of todays chargers are set somewhere in between to cover both.

The Maha is set to a lower set-back plus uses a heat sensor to insure the cells do not get too hot.

What I love about the C9000 is that it has a separate detection circuit for each cell basicaly ballancing the 4 cells each time you charge them.

Glad to help. Good luck.
Old 2009.06.22, 01:35 PM   #10
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobT View Post
Richard,

It sounds as though the set-back voltage, sometimes referred to at the Delta voltage is set higher on the other charger (not the Maha). This means it is looking for more voltage drop before it shuts off. This would account for it charging longer and therefore showing higher Mah.

Rechargable batteries are a chemical mix and heating those chemicals can cause them to boil off. This depleats the battery's ability to hold a charge.

Nimh only require about 3 to 4 millivolt of drop-back. Nicads required 8 to 10 millivolt per cell to get a full charge. Many of todays chargers are set somewhere in between to cover both.

The Maha is set to a lower set-back plus uses a heat sensor to insure the cells do not get too hot.

What I love about the C9000 is that it has a separate detection circuit for each cell basicaly ballancing the 4 cells each time you charge them.

Glad to help. Good luck.
Hi BobT.

Thxxx…. for your time, attention, the great help and this valuable information.

Yep, definitely the Maha C-9000 is the best in its field, as well as, Maha customer service force team.

Cheers,

Richard