Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Beginner Questions

Old 2004.07.27, 10:30 PM   #1
1ticket

Lightbulb A couple of questions (Mad Force, Overland, 360 MR01 for sale)

Hey guys. I'm quite new to this and I wanted to get a few questions answered.

After earning to buy a Mini-z for about a year I finally took the plunge and got the MR01 360 Modena. I didn't much think about the ground clearence of the car and decided to put it up on ebay after a day of owning it because as fun as it is, the chance of me actually racing it on a track is very low. Having said that, I am not at all done with Mini-z's and am now trying to figure out if I should get an Overland or Mad Force while I put up the MR01 on ebay one of these days to help fund the purchase. Here are my questions:

• How fast is the monster compared to the Overland? MR01? How does it handle compared to the others?
• Does the Overland also have a brake, like the MR02 and the Mad Force?
• The 40th anniversary edition Mad Force seems worth it over the regular one, is it?
• Does the Mad Force have much better clearence as comared to the Overland? What's the clearence of the three major Mini-z's?
• Are there any expected updates for the Overland (a la MR01-MR02) soon?
• Can I use a Futaba 2PL radio with the Mini-z? Does it simply involve switching the crystal?

What will getting it improve?
• Is the KOPROPO EX5AD available?

BTW If you're interested in my MR01, let me know. It's in pristine condition with all of 1 hour of drive time in a home environment.

Thanks!

Last edited by 1ticket; 2004.07.27 at 11:41 PM.
1ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.28, 02:14 AM   #2
pomme de terre

yes overland has the brake function
and the 40th anniversary comes with a lot of extras on it like oilys and xspeed and such... i would get one
the MZM has much better clearance than OL... and is much more capable climbing wise
you can use the 2PL with the mini Zs... the 27mhz version anyways (megatech
i dont think theres going to be another OL... the MZM was already sort of an update of it...
version i believe) just have a crystal matching with the one in your car
pomme de terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.28, 03:54 AM   #3
herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ticket
Here are my questions:

• How fast is the monster compared to the Overland? MR01? How does it handle compared to the others?
i've got the monster, overland and the mr01... fastest is the mr01... don't run the monster and overland often to tell which is faster... but i think the monster is faster.... handling... well all of them handle well... but you may experience some twitchyness in the mr01

Quote:
• Does the Overland also have a brake, like the MR02 and the Mad Force?
yes they have brakes

Quote:
• The 40th anniversary edition Mad Force seems worth it over the regular one, is it?
with all the hop ups.... yep

Quote:
• Does the Mad Force have much better clearence as comared to the Overland? What's the clearence of the three major Mini-z's?
yep mad force has better clearance... not too sure about the clearances of the others... the lowest clearance i believe is the mini-z f-1's

Quote:
• Are there any expected updates for the Overland (a la MR01-MR02) soon?
well not that i know of... what i do know is that they're coming out with more bodies...

Quote:
• Can I use a Futaba 2PL radio with the Mini-z? Does it simply involve switching the crystal?
i believe you can use that with the mini-z

Quote:
What will getting it improve?
• Is the KOPROPO EX5AD available?
well the standard mini-z operates on a 27mhz am frequency.... using that will make your mini-z operate on an fm frequency...

hope this helps
herman is offline   Reply With Quote