Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.02, 10:50 AM   #61
ccson

Updated HFAY results

Well, the Feb results for the HFAY series are up.

It looks like the DC GTG is moving towards the top of the standings, especially Chucky.

Three DOW guys + one racer from Ann Arbor are dominating the top four places but I think we can make some ground on the others.

Also, thanks once again to Arch2b for being a great host and the other DC racers for being great people. I am really enjoying myself.

After the Feb 25 GTG, I noticed that one of the struts on my H-plate was broken. Live and learn!

Also, I ordered some parts to replicate my HFAY set-up on another chassis for the DC points series (suspension, new H-plates, F50 body, motor pod + GP batteries).

Hopefully, I can have a stable set-up like the HFAY car with a more powerful motor. I also ordered another MR-02 RML F50 RTR set, just for a backup.

I am using a different website (RC Station) that had some great prices. I will let you guys know about their service when the shipment arrives.

See you at the next GTG!
ccson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.02, 11:18 AM   #62
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Sounds like CCSON is getting serious!

Going with identical chassis setups for consistency, with a backup to boot. That is dedication.

I have to spend some time with My MA-010 to try and get that thing dialed in. Maybe it's not meant to race as well as the MR02 but I am not willing to give up on it. That one glitch spot caused me some problems but that's no excuse.

I want to break into the top 10 like CCSON and ChuckyLuv.

Keep us posted on that RC station place.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.02, 07:17 PM   #63
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
wow, a back up maybe i should trade my mr-015 for an mr-02 for a backup?

while my dcps and olps cars are very similar, they handle very differently. motor makes a HUGE differnece.

i forgot but next time we can throw in some of the rcp obstacles for the 'all in' races maybe the jumps for track shortcuts

i just got word reflex will be getting more of the atomic ssg h plate in stock. i will be buying many so if anyone wants to try one let me know. i love thier soft plates.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.11, 08:37 PM   #64
arch2b

well, i now have a backup car, and a backup for my backup i looked all over ccson and could not find the empty chassis. if you find it at home let me know. if no i'll order new parts to assemble another stock car.

i'll defer commentary until spoon gives his recap. he does a much better job than i do

the good thing is i think we are all improving each time. can't get over the change in soyverde's driving since the begining of the year. he's consitently above me now
Old 2006.03.12, 07:12 PM   #65
arch2b

guy, i've been meaning to do this from the begining but i always seem to forget....

i want to get pictures of everyones carr/chassis each race for record and reference. this way we can easily go back and compare car settings with race results.

just remind me next time
Old 2006.03.25, 06:58 PM   #66
arch2b

we alomst missed this race do to low turnout

ccson and matt came today so we had the minimum 3 racers

here are the cars

my car

here is matt's car. i had to swap in a stock motor so matt could run my car.

ccon's car
Old 2006.03.25, 07:01 PM   #67
arch2b

it took awhile for us to get a groove i think today. it was odd to have only 3 cars run the races today. you would think it would mean cleaner races however we all had our share of accidents today. matt usually runs with the b group so it may have slowed ccson up a bit.

i'l email spoon the results tonight
Old 2006.03.27, 03:59 PM   #68
ccson

March 25th DC GTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
it took awhile for us to get a groove i think today. it was odd to have only 3 cars run the races today. you would think it would mean cleaner races however we all had our share of accidents today. matt usually runs with the b group so it may have slowed ccson up a bit.

i'l email spoon the results tonight
We had a good time regardless.

I had some intense pit time trying to dial-in my "back-up" chassis.
The rear was loose and hard to keep from tailing out around corners. I tried a number of changes, without results.

After some tweaking at home, I discovered that the additional weight of the ball differential seemed to overwhelm the chassis. After switching to the stock differential, the handling was much tighter. The ball differential on my main MR-02 was much lighter and better balanced. In this case, the brand appears to make a difference.

I am curious to see how we did in the new HFAY points series.

Last edited by ccson; 2006.03.27 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2006.03.27, 04:10 PM   #69
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccson
I am curious to see how we did in the new HFAY points series.

Times will be posted as soon As I receive all the submittals, or on April 1st if I don't have them all submitted before then.
Old 2006.03.27, 07:04 PM   #70
arch2b

i believe you should have the results by now....

interesting that there is that much difference between that one brand and your kyosho diff. k's are obviously more expensive but i have never had one let me down

i
ll be ordering parts this weekend.... i'll likely be rebuilding all my cars from bottom up. give me a good chance to clean everything and make sure everything is lubricated, tightened, etc. i already have about $200 in my cart it's alot for sure but i have not spent much at all since the awd parts so my hobby allowance has been building
Old 2006.03.28, 03:40 PM   #71
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/howfas...S_Event_3.html

It looks like we barely made a dent this time around. Props to Chucky and CCSON for even getting on the board. I felt like this track was slower but that's not what the results say.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.28, 08:06 PM   #72
ccson

HFAY Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/howfas...S_Event_3.html

It looks like we barely made a dent this time around. Props to Chucky and CCSON for even getting on the board. I felt like this track was slower but that's not what the results say.
Wow. The big boys have weighed in. We have to step it up, DC.

It looks like race six for DC GTG was only six minutes instead of the required eight minutes. It doesn't matter much. I would only have picked up two additional points.

Maybe I need to do some more tuning.
Old 2006.03.28, 08:15 PM   #73
arch2b

both the march 11 and 25th a mains were 8 minutes
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 03.11.06 a main.pdf (18.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf 03.25.06 a main.pdf (18.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf 02.25.06 a main.pdf (19.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf 02.18.06 a main.pdf (19.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf 01.21.06 a main.pdf (18.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by arch2b; 2006.03.28 at 08:21 PM.
Old 2006.03.28, 08:21 PM   #74
ccson

HFAY Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
both the march 11 and 25th a mains were 8 minutes
Arch,

Instead of 77 and 65 laps, we are listed at 56 and 55 laps.
Maybe we sent the results of the DC GTG Points Series races.
Old 2006.03.28, 08:22 PM   #75
arch2b

spoon? any thoughts?