Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Team Scream Racing

Old 2009.04.19, 07:41 PM   #16
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
Another win for TEAM SCREAM yesterday at the inaugural Trophy Race at NYRC in New York.

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 08:07 PM   #17
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
My TSR cells are old (got them when they first came out). I mainly use them for qualifying or modified mains.

I just wanted to note, that these cells seem to age very well. In comparison to my Orion 900's, these have barely lost their punch where my Orions feel slow (I got my Orions AFTER the TSR cells).
Old 2009.04.22, 11:05 PM   #18
Felix2010

Some of my favorite cells right there...
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.18, 05:31 PM   #19
Rob D

Awsome Batts!!
Old 2009.06.18, 07:20 PM   #20
pfcparts

They do age very well. I think I'm still on my first 4 sets with about
6 more nip to go lol.

Great cells.

parts
Old 2010.03.14, 10:47 AM   #21
Felix2010

Any Updates on the Team Scream AAA 900mAh Matched Cells for Mini-Z for 2010??

Hi Guys,

I was one of the first to own a few sets of the Team Scream Matched 900 AAA Mini-Z cells when they were made available to the public. The matched TSR 900 AAA's came out right when a lot of new battery companies were bringing their cells into the Mini-Z game:
- Team Orion came out with their 900HV and then their 750 S.H.O. AAA cells;
- R1wurks came out with their 990UHO AAA's, then their own version of 750mAh Ultra-High-Performance AAA's;
- TRP now has a popular 900mAh High-Performance cell; MuchMore 900 and 777 AAA's;

And there's more of course, there were the O.G. race cells - Intellect 750's, Duracell 1000's... The list goes on.

I know from experience that the TSR Matched 900's were awesome cells. After a short period of time though, Team Scream AAA cells seemed to drop out of the spotlight. I haven't heard anything of them in the past 6 months, even the past year - At least.

After a couple of years, I recently checked the TSR website and the TSR matched 900 AAA cells are still listed for sale. AT $18/set, the TSR's are possibly the best bargain in matched cells for Mini-Z racing.

I would like to call-out Team Scream here. I am asking if they could re-introduce their cells, possibly re-introduce a new&improved, even-better matched TSR 900 AAA race cell? It seems companies like Team Orion, MuchMore and R1wurks are using technology to get the ultimate performance from their cells now. If Team Scream introduces a new-and-improved AAA race cell to market, I am in.

I hope John C. reads this post. Please bring back Team Scream to the Mini-Z scene! May the best battery win

Thank You in advance, Best Regards,
- L.L.MCCABE III
Felix2010@comcast.net
Old 2010.03.14, 01:44 PM   #22
briankstan

I use the TSR batteries and sell the in my store. they are great batteries and I've been running them for year. they AAA batteries are still available and are great for punch and are very consistent thoughout an entire 8-10 minute race.

I run them in all my cars for the mains. All around they are great batteries. At least half of the guys in our club are running them.
Old 2010.03.14, 03:56 PM   #23
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
Hey Guys,

Team Scream is still up and running and still doing the mini z thing. The last batch of batteries were really good. Majs Hobby Shop sells them as well as a ton of other tracks. John had a personal issue which he will discuss on here later on which slowed him down a little bit. He has plans to come out with a new cell very soon.

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.14, 04:25 PM   #24
EMU
EMUracing

I have been using the TSR 900 cells for at least a year now. I bought 10 sets, made 3 into packs for the MRCG, and still have 6 groups of 4 and 3 individual cells. Out of 10 sets of cells, one died in more than a year of harsh use. These cells still run strong, although they are not quite as fast as new cells due to their age. I need to get some new cells, but these cells have lasted longer than any other cell I have used.

Out of 3 Orion 900hv packs, 3 cells were bad out of the package. One LRP 850 was bad out of 2 packs. The R1-750 vented on their first few chargers, same with the Orion 750 SHO. I think that some cells may be faster than the TSR 900, but most dont have the consistancy. With these cells, I know that I am getting cells that will perform very well, and dont have to overbuy to have spare cells in case there is a dead cell out of the package like I would with unmatched cells.
Old 2010.03.14, 08:48 PM   #25
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

I know i had my first 4 sets a long time. Cant wait for the "new" type.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 12:08 AM   #26
johntrickle

Extreme Punch!!!

No Joke!!!...these batteries have extreme punch for 5 min. qualifiers and 10 minute mains.

Purchased these batteries 1 week before the 2010 KO Propo Mini-Z Race at Inside Line Racing. Cycled 6x's and the batteries were Race Ready. Placed third in the Sportsman A-Main(biggest field)...I am not the most consistent racer out there, but the power made up for the Big bobbles that I made.

Can't wait for the new cells to come out.

Z 408 posted the videos under "Events" and click on the KO Propo Mini Z race thread.

Last edited by johntrickle; 2010.04.27 at 02:44 PM.
johntrickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 02:14 PM   #27
JC@TSR

Tsr

Hi everyone I had to move this here so I copied it from the other Thread.

Hey Everyone I am very sorry for not keeping up on this Thread, I has been very rough for me in the past 3 months. I had a large fire in my shop taking most of my RC Stuff! I am very lucky that it did not get all of my stock area. I was a fire man for 30 min not letting the beast take my home! A police man saw the black smoke poring out of the back of my house and called the Fire Department. He came in the back door and asked if anyone was in there, I said yes I am here. He told me to get out, but I said not until the fire is out. After I got it out the fire department had just showed up and they told me if I had taken the time to call them before I did what I did, my house would be gone. They sent in a private fire inspector to see what the cause of the fire was. It turned out to be a power supply that shorted out and set the plastic on fire which then went to the shelves, batteries, cleaners, parts and everything else after that. I had always left on the power supplies and would hook my chargers to that when I needed to use them. Never had a problem in 12 years with that power supply. The main thing is my home was saved and my family if fine. I am very lucky to have what what little is left, only problem is the amount of RC stuff I lost will be a huge problem to get back. I have already been told by my insurance company that I will only get a fraction the cost back for my rc stuff that was lost. I have already started to rebuild and I hope to have the shop better than ever by the end of the month. It has been a long up hill battle, but I think I will be fine as time goes on.

On the other hand, we are coming out with a new cell that I tested before the fire and it was very good. I hope to have these cells also by the end of this month or mid May. I plan on trying to make the PN Regional in July so I can meet some of my customers face to face. I really want to keep things growing in this area and plan on keeping up with things better than I have in the past. I want to thank everyone for buying my product and standing behind it. I only want you to have the best.

Today 4-27-2010

The shop is 80% done and should be 100% done by next weekend.

The new batch of cells will be here mid May with all new Shrink as well.

John at Team Scream Racing
www.teamscreamracing.com
978-337-0429
1/12 Stock Cleveland US Indoor Champion 2007
18 Time 1/18 Off Road National Champion
18 Time 1/18 On Road National Champion
26 Time East Coast Champion
RCX 2WD Stock Mini-Z Champion
2008 RCX F1 Stock Mini-Z TQ/Champion
2008 RCX Pan Car Mod Mini-Z TQ/Champion
2008 19T UK National Champion
2005 Stock UK National Champion
2006 4 Time BRCA UK Champion
JC@TSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 03:06 PM   #28
wcrotty

Send a message via AIM to wcrotty
Hey John,

Glad to hear you, family and your house are doing fine. Sucks that you have to start all over again. I'm sure once you are up and running again you will have some kick ass cells.

Bill

2008 PN World Champion
2008 PN Canadian Champion
2006 PN World Champion
2004 Kyosho Cup National Champion
2003 Kyosho Cup National Champion
wcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 04:30 PM   #29
EMU
EMUracing

Glad to hear that your family is ok. That is the important part.

I am definitely going to re-stock when the new cells are done Im still running my old Team Scream cells, and their still working well.
Old 2010.04.27, 06:31 PM   #30
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

John, same here. Davey told me what happened to you awhile back. Glad to hear things are comming along. Looking forward to trying the new cells.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote