Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.01.19, 09:09 AM   #16
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Nice tyres Do you intend do do any in std lazer size,but different compounds?
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.19, 09:41 AM   #17
nicov

I can see that these tires are Atomic for Team Losi Micro-T .
Worth the try on RCP tracks I believe

What happenned to part ref KMB003 ?
If these are narrow rims for front wheels, I need them
nicov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.19, 02:50 PM   #18
oXYnary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic-USA View Post
New products:

KMB005 -
Mini-Z Buggy Graphite Oil Shock Stay Set (Fr/Rr) + body mount

• Effectively increases buggy stability upon landing after a jump
  • Multiple shock angle settings
  • Made from 2mm Graphite for weight reduction and low CG
  • Body mount design body prevents body from popping off.
Are these available now in Hong Kong? I know somebody over there right this minute (though I think he is coming home in next few days.

Because

ME WANTS!

The tires, not so much. Ruins the look of the Lazer with them being same size. f/r. They also are a smaller diameter rim, which may be good for on-road, but off road not so much. If you came out with some tires that fit the stock lazer size rims without repurposing some micro-t tires...??

Last edited by oXYnary; 2012.01.19 at 02:58 PM.
oXYnary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.19, 11:06 PM   #19
Q t

Send a message via Yahoo to Q t
kinda off the topic but in the pics, the front cvds are silver instead of red. maybe a new cvd design already? or just a different color. hoping that its a cvd attached to the spindals....
Q t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.20, 05:21 AM   #20
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
universals are due end feb/early march.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.20, 07:04 AM   #21
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Silicium Rubber?
This means they contain silicone right?

Any plans for RCP tires for the Lazer rims in the future?

Mini-Z Norway
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.20, 08:07 PM   #22
oXYnary

Sweet, a local racer is in HK right now and got those towers for me. Of course, he wont be back until Feb. But since the Chinese new years is next week, I still might get it before Atomic can ship to distributors internationally.
Old 2012.01.20, 10:13 PM   #23
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Nice score oXYnary, best of luck

Q t seems to have good eyes, my guess is that the buggy in the pics has front CVDs

I like the body post that was added to the rear setup and the alloy shock mounts look great. I may have to get one and thread the wing tab holes for my Short Course body mount.

Are there any plans for another color beside red? The Atomic color poll indicates lime green as having 16.2% support in 2nd place and red behind it with 11.4% of the vote. I want to see some green parts or there will be some oven cleaner and a sharpie in my future. Green and gold go so well together. Does anyone else have a thought to add?
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.01.23, 08:29 AM   #24
Guinness

Do the tires fit the stock optima rims?
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.07, 11:30 AM   #25
nicov

Just mounted on-road rims + tires, quite smaller overall diameter, same width for front and rear, so you need to play on tires softness to balance your car.
Need to try these on RCP now

First run with 40 front and 30 rear on RCP: good balance of the car, but due to smaller wheels diameter, higher revs of the motor. You need a bigger pinion and higher RPM motor than stock to enjoy these on-road wheels.

Last edited by nicov; 2012.02.08 at 04:19 PM.
nicov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.09, 03:07 AM   #26
oXYnary

So I got the Towers in today. They are pretty cool. However there seems to be an error with the peg hole for the wing mount. Its too small on the aluminum tower mount. So I had to wittle the peg down on the plastic mount a little to get it to fit.

Also was missing one of the longer screws for the balls.

Dont have a camera, but cdog4w got a set as well so maybe he will post when he installs? That and I sealed my tower edges with CA, and got a little over zealous so there is that white discoloring from too much CA.

Last edited by oXYnary; 2012.02.09 at 03:10 AM.
Old 2012.02.14, 02:03 PM   #27
Atomic-USA
Customer/dealer support

New Buggy Parts:

KMB003 Aluminum Universal shafts:

KMB006 6mm wheel nuts for MB-010 Buggy:

Larger clamping area for tighter wheel fit and less wobbling:

Old 2012.02.21, 02:46 PM   #28
cdog4w

Some comments on the shock stay kit and the threaded shock adapters. I haven't run with them yet, but have installed them.

Threaded shocks:
It would have been nice if the springs could slip over the shock end so I don't have to unscrew them to change springs. oxynary suggested you can but it requires a bit of extra force. Are these designed to slip over the end (tightly) or not? As other people said, the ability to lower the buggy should prove nice when running on RCP.

Shock towers:
Look great and offer more positions, but I feel like the included parts were a bit off. The biggest issue was the rear body post, the manual called for a 2x6 machine screw, but that length is not adequate to the task. The manual content list shows 5 2x8 machine screws, but only 4 were packaged, so I had to use a 2x8 machine screw I had in a parts box. The next issue is that the holes for the wing mount's plastic key tabs were too small. I had to shave the tabs to get them to fit in. Additionally, atomic provided extra screws to mount the CF towers that are nice to have spares of, but no reason the stock tower mount screws can't be used. I'd have rather gotten that 5th 2x8!

I'll post again when I've run the buggy with all parts installed. Looks great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000788.jpg (309.3 KB, 58 views)
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.23, 03:27 PM   #29
oXYnary

The threads on the shocks adapters and the retaining screw are somewhat too loose, so I can come back into the pits after a run and my rideheight has lowered. Im going to see if I can find some clear enamel or clear nail polish to put a strip down the back side of the threads to see if that retains the screw better without making it too hard to turn.

Also, setting my ride-height with the dogbones level in rear and slightly raised front end. When I use the stock droop without screws. At full droop the Atomic shocks aren't long enough and disengage from the retaining screw. So in other words, coming off jumps and landing, the first few mm of the arm hitting the ground, I have no spring retention until the arm moves high enough that the spring reengages/recenters on the retaining screw.

These springs may be good for on-road and I seem to have more stable recovery from jumps. I do question though if they are a mm too short for stock maximum droop??

Atomic?
Old 2012.03.01, 05:03 PM   #30
gctkaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicov View Post
First run with 40 front and 30 rear on RCP: good balance of the car, but due to smaller wheels diameter, higher revs of the motor. You need a bigger pinion and higher RPM motor than stock to enjoy these on-road wheels.
I'm running these wheels 40F+40R just on hard floor/tile around my house, and yeah it's pretty slow-ish using the 15t pinion and stock motor. Somehow my buggy never had a 13t pinion in the package, but I'm going to use 15t all the time.

I installed a 3Racing super stock AWD motor and agreed it's way more fun now Also using the coil-over set and alloy universals after stripping a dogbone.
I should have a chance to rip it on RCP this weekend.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote