Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.01.15, 01:15 PM   #1
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Post New 2017 GTG Fee & "Slush" Fund thread

I've Moved all conversations for the new 2017 GTG Fee & "Slush" Fund thread here to keep things organized.

I have tried to keep all posts in order & copied the original posting here.

<Copy of Original Post from 2017 Mini-Z GTG Season>

Once again I have created a new thread for the 2017 Season & *ARCHIVED* all the older ones together.

As per normal, this thread will be for both General Chit Chat & our GTG Announcements.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread so you get a notification when there is an update!
Click on "Thread Tools" above, and choose "Subscribe to this Thread".

We will be taking one last concerted stab at re-introducing class races this year. This will be a push to see if we can get like minded individuals & cars together on the track for structured racing GTG's. Currently these more "Structured Races" will only be happening every 3rd or 4th GTG. We will not be running them strictly. We will mostly keep to our "Run What Ya Brung" open lap runs with some fun races thrown in here & there like we have typically done. We will be sure to send out specific GTG notifications about these runs in advance that way, those that do not wish to participate in the more structured races, can skip them. Rules/Regulations/Specs will all be worked out over the first few "Structured Race" GTG's. Currently, we will be running the "Structured Race" GTG's at our Newton location. Most other GTG's will be at our bigger track layout in Langley.

The following will be the Clubs new Fee structure as of January 1st 2017

Due to Inflation/Rising Costs in Common Room Rental & Equipment to run our GTG's, the club has updated it's fee structure.
Attendance is also down & the club needs to recoup for that. Please spread the word to your friends about us!!!
Please be sure to let any and all of your friends know about the club & if you have any ideas on how we can grow our membership, please let us know!

A TREMENDOUS thanks goes out to Grant "The G" for providing us with such an awesomely huge space to run & for his time in Setting Up/Tearing Down/Storing & Generally Organizing our Langley GTG's!

Grant's Common room is more expensive than the Common Room in Newton. With that & the fact that we want to continue to run at Grant's and make it as easy as possible for setup & tear down, both the club & Grant will be purchasing some more 50cm track. We also would like to start trying to get some random prizes together here and there so the extra income will also help with that. If you know of somewhere that is selling used 50cm, please let us know!

The new fee structure is as follows & is still less than $20 for the day if you get Pizza & Help out!
$15 for the day
$10 for 4 hours or less
$5 for Pizza
-$5 if you help Setup or Teardown. (Max. $5 back)

Again, please try to bring correct change with you.

We hope to see y'all out at the track SOON!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*

Last edited by RFick73; 2017.01.30 at 05:00 PM.
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.01.15, 08:31 PM   #2
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

If Grant has storage he and I could work out my loaning the club some 50cm track....there's no point buying more unless we plan on some blanks to expand my summer width.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.01.27, 06:25 PM   #3
xmodcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
If Grant has storage he and I could work out my loaning the club some 50cm track....there's no point buying more unless we plan on some blanks to expand my summer width.
We should explore this option instead of charging more to buy track we don't need. When have we ever used all the track we have? Actually we don't even need to explore that option because there's more track than will even fit in the space available. I actually asked around and there are at least 6 regulars that do not think we need more track. Given that a typical turnout is only 5-8 people that's pretty much everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFick73 View Post
Due to Inflation/Rising Costs in Common Room Rental & Equipment to run our GTG's, the club has updated it's fee structure.
Attendance is also down & the club needs to recoup for that.

Grant's Common room is more expensive than the Common Room in Newton. With that & the fact that we want to continue to run at Grant's and make it as easy as possible for setup & tear down, both the club & Grant will be purchasing some more 50cm track. We also would like to start trying to get some random prizes together here and there so the extra income will also help with that. If you know of somewhere that is selling used 50cm, please let us know!
So what exactly does the club need to recoup? I'm confused about that. How exactly is charging more going to entice more people to come out?

Due to inflation???? I didn't realize we experienced 100% inflation in the past year. One venue cost 40% more than the other venue. So why is the fee double? For both venues? How much exactly has the other venue increased? And are we even sure we still have the option of the 2nd venue?

A proposed increase should have been put up for discussion, not dictated. As someone who has been at almost all the events in the past few years I don't recall this being proposed or discussed. I guess there's a slim possibility it was discussed at the one event I missed last year but somehow I doubt it.

Realistically a typical turnout is 5, so the fee should be roomrate/5. $5/$7 depending on venue (I don't really care for or about the 'helping out' bribe.) If 6 people show the host runs for free.
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.01.28, 10:47 AM   #4
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

xmodcanuck, I'll try to address the points that you brought up the best that I can.

More Track: At a few of our last meets in Langley, Grant has mentioned that it would be nice to get more 50cm track as we typically use a good portion of it. No one mentioned they were against it at that time. I personally like the mix of 50 & 30cm, but yes, the 30cm track does take a bit longer to setup hence why it would be nice to get more bodies at setup & breakdown time.
Grant had mentioned he may want to buy some additional 50cm track to help make Setup/Teardown a bit easier. I personally think that Grant shouldn't have to shoulder the costs for this on his own & maybe hastily offered that the club could try to acquire the track or at least help purchase it.
Since that post, cowboysir has offered to potentially loan some of his 50cm track. Grant & the club will be looking into this option to see if it's viable. If for some reason it doesn't work out, we can all discuss what our next steps can be.

GTG Fee Increase: The Fee increased by 50% not 100%. It went from $10 to $15. We also introduced a $10 option for those that come out for a shorter amount of time & we kept the $5 Refund for helping Setup/Teardown

Inflation: The price of stuff unfortunately continues to go up year by year. I may have pie in the sky ideas but I would like to see the club grow, change & evolve. Not just by the number of members, but by what we can do & what we can accomplish. I'd like to have some money in the kitty to help pay for Truck/Van/Trailer Rental & Hall/Room Rentals for more occasional Large Track Setups. I would like us to switch over to the newer Trackmate receiver hardware as it will help with setup. I'd also like the club to be able to have a small stock of the most commonly used tires & also to have a few transponders on hand for loan & sale in case people need them. I can't provide that if I have no money to draw from. Most of the time I put in my own money & then take it back later or just don;t bother, that's getting tougher to do for me. Last year the turnout kind of swindled a bit, so the club was unable to bank any money to draw from for the afore mentioned types of things so it's one reason why we didn't have as many larger track GTG's.
As for raising the GTG price for both locations rather than just when we run at Grant's, I thought that raising it across the board instead of for one location over the other was just easier for everyone & for the times that we run in Newton would help us get a little extra money in to put in the kitty for the club.

As for the increase itself, I felt that it was needed for the club to be able to go forward with the ideas that both I & those of some of the other members have. The new year just seemed like an opportune time to do it. I'm sorry you feel that it was dictated to you. I know this wasn't your point, but how many other activities can you do for 8 hours a day that will cost you $20 or less? Most people go to the ATM & typically pull out a $20 bill as it is. $20 to come & run for the day with pizza for lunch I think is a pretty darn good deal.

Bribe vs. Incentive: The $5 Refund isn't meant as a bribe, it is intended to be an incentive. Asking Dave W. & Grant to store, transport & Setup/Teardown the track is a lot. It becomes very tedious. There was a period where very few people were helping out with Setup/Teardown. I feel the $5 incentive helps out a bit & after putting it in place, I feel we have had more people coming out. Maybe it's not due to the getting $5 bux back more as it is about people wanting to help.

Host running for free: The club has typically picked up the hosts tab for their GTG & Pizza Fee's in the past & we will continue to do so.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.01.28, 11:44 AM   #5
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'd like to add some thoughts:

1. Does anyone know if Grant is willing to host any more? From the drama that happened last year and the fact that Grant hasn't been on MZR since November I'm curious to find out if the Langley meet is a viable option at this time.

That being said, the complaints about setup time are valid only in the respect that not enough people helped at the last Langley gtg. I personally would love to be there to add my assistance but since I'm 1.5 hours away (if I book it ) I can't commit to that every time. At the last couple gtg's we were without DaveW due to his work commitments and DaveH missed a Langley meet so there is 2 of the normally 4 we could count on for assistance. Generally speaking we have enough people to fit the setup concept well. The expense of track just to ease setup at one venue that we may not have any more might be premature plus the fact that attendance minus room fees doesn't leave much of a cushion to purchase what could amount to +$200 in track

Since I have close to $1000 in track sitting at my house doing nothing I'd be more than willing to organize getting some to Grants to use. A free day and some time for Grant to meet me and we're good to go with no cost to the "club".

Some of your discussion points on why we need to build a reserve seem a little ambitious to me:

Trailer fees: If and when we could organize a big track event (which I thought that was Grant's venue?) and we could feasibly get enough attendance to make it worthwhile (which obviously should take serious advance planning) then I'd suggest either a "special assessment" for the rental fee or organizing a couple trucks (like Grant, DaveW and I have)

Trackmate Receiver hardware: I've switched it and it works awesome....but it saves me a minute of setup time. If you want it that badly you can borrow mine but I don't see the expense being worth the effort.

Transponders/tires/other consumables: While it would be great to have a store house to draw on for new members I think that would lead us down the path of 2 situations.

1. we would have this pile of stuff that would have to be at every meet just in case new members show up and since Ryan has an active summer fitness competition schedule and DaveW has a tough work program who exactly would be in charge of keeping said items for meet use? Besides I was under the impression that we already had a couple transponders....it doesn't matter if they are the old type or hard wired if the visitor want to be recorded in a race he/she can get help figuring it out.

2. Having this store of stuff would also suggest that we would sell this stuff to new members....does that mean our 'club' goal is to make money off the new visitors?

I'm not comfortable with that last option to say the least....if worse come to worse new members can borrow stuff from one of the many hoarders that frequent the events (like me for example)

In the grand scheme of things I'm not opposed to the fee increase (since i'm already blowing $40-50 in gas to get there and back and another $5 isn't going to make me whinge) but I don't see us putting a reserve together even if all of the above items are on the agenda.

my custom body album...

Last edited by cowboysir; 2017.01.28 at 11:48 AM.
Old 2017.01.28, 04:24 PM   #6
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

cowboy, thank you for your reply as well.

Yes, Grant said he was willing to continue to host. But, perhaps "The G' can fill us all in. =)

We appreciate that your willing to lend us/Grant some track, so long as he is willing to continue to host & can adequately store it, it's a win win situation for us!. We thank you & your generosity won't go without notice!

Ambitions are what drive me forward. I have big plans for the club this year & I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride!

I think something like a "Special Assessment" is doable, there are many ways we could work that in. But, personally I just like to have the coffers ready well in advance just in case. Maybe it's just the way I like to do things. That, & it allows for spontaneity. I'm not talking about the club having big dollars saved up, but having about $150 in our coffers would be nice. It would allow for more spontaneous run free days or what have you...

As for the Trackmate Receiver hardware, I think it was mentioned by The Steve & Dave W. that with the way it works, it would be easier to get positioned anywhere we might want it. I think the other issue was that the RS232-->USB adapter doesn't work on anything Windows XP or newer & it has acted up in the past. This is something that I will revisit to determine if it's what we want.

Transponders: You have a valid point, yes either Dave W, or I would need to be there. It's rare that we both are not able to make it, so there is a very big chance we would be there. These items aren't just for new members, but they would of course benefit from them the most. But, so would all members. Tires for sure. & they don;t cost much. I'm not talking about us buying $100 worth, more like 2 sets. If the club does sell stuff, no matter when it has or will be, or whom it's to, we rarely make money. & if we do, it's negligible outside of shipping, gas & times costs if those were incurred.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.01.28, 05:59 PM   #7
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

So if i'm reading you correctly:

1. we don't need to add any money for track, as we have plenty collectively through various members
2. We have loaner transponders already and since we're not out to make money hoarders like myself could feasibly sell needed items to new visitors.

Some more questions I have for you:

Does the timing laptop need a OS upgrade? As it stands its working fine and your "placement' mention doesn't really make sense to me since the new Trackmate reader is on the bar and the old one is at the computer.....the distances never change since it's one end or the other?

Do you think being spontaneous about a big track event is a good idea? The point of those is to give everyone an opportunity to plan accordingly so they can make time in their schedule...so having money for "spontaneity" as you call it seems to be a wasted effort.

I think we should get a poll topic or some sort of anonymous poll email sent around to "club" members. I think we can all agree that some increase is in order for room fees but I'm finding hard to agree with a slush fund if we don't have a real set plan for its use. If we are to be a club that means we need to be mindful of the group consensus.

my custom body album...
Old 2017.01.28, 06:35 PM   #8
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Quote:
Does the timing laptop need a OS upgrade?
It doesn't need an OS update. XP is no longer supported. I did recently have to format it & reinstall the OS on it, but it's easy enough to get a copy of XP still.

Quote:
As it stands its working fine and your "placement' mention doesn't really make sense to me since the new Trackmate reader is on the bar and the old one is at the computer.....the distances never change since it's one end or the other?
As I mentioned, I think it was Steve & Dave W. that had talked about using the newer style. But, we have a pretty long RJ45 cable as it is, so I don't recall why it was brought up other than to maybe get rid of the older version & the RS232-->USB adapter

Quote:
Do you think being spontaneous about a big track event is a good idea? The point of those is to give everyone an opportunity to plan accordingly so they can make time in their schedule...so having money for "spontaneity" as you call it seems to be a wasted effort.
You are right, again I guess I just like to make sure we have the funds so that we can plan them in advance or last minute with adaquit notice so people can actually make it & then not have to reply on collecting the money later. I guess I'm very instant gratification oriented.

Quote:
I think we should get a poll topic or some sort of anonymous poll email sent around to "club" members. I think we can all agree that some increase is in order for room fees but I'm finding hard to agree with a slush fund if we don't have a real set plan for its use. If we are to be a club that means we need to be mindful of the group consensus.
I agree, we do need to be mindful. I'm not just collecting money & then running out & spending it on stuff I want. I plan on bringing some of my ideas to light very soon. We are a club & I like it that way. Everyone helps out, everyone pitches in & everyone has a voice. I'd have it no other way. Maybe I'm just filled with passion & can;t hold it back & want the world but I should just settle for what I have or at least just a small piece of pie rather than all of it.

One thing I'd like to see the club do is say, around lunch when most people are eating is have a group huddle where we can chat about ongoing issues like these. We would just wan to take notes so that those not present know what may have been talked about at the meeting & therefore know what to expect coming up. Or we can also create a thread for this type of stuff on the forums. I look forward to this upcoming year & I hope you are all too & I hope to see you and some new faces out at the track.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.01.28, 09:02 PM   #9
TheSteve
VE7FM

I don't have the desire to be involved in any more drama so I won't comment on what has already been posted above.

I will clarify that both the original and newer version lap counting controllers are functionally identical and run the same firmware etc. The only difference is the new one has a USB interface and is USB powered, the original has a serial interface and needs a power adapter. Being USB powered means the controller must be within 10 feet of the computer. The overhead detectors can still be 100+ feet away if needed as they are connected by a normal 568A or 568B cat5e cable.
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.01.29, 08:15 PM   #10
xmodcanuck

Quote:
xmodcanuck, I'll try to address the points that you brought up the best that I can.

More Track: At a few of our last meets in Langley, Grant has mentioned that it would be nice to get more 50cm track as we typically use a good portion of it. No one mentioned they were against it at that time. Did you ask for the anyone's opinion? I personally like the mix of 50 & 30cm, but yes, the 30cm track does take a bit longer to setup hence why it would be nice to get more bodies at setup & breakdown time.
Grant had mentioned he may want to buy some additional 50cm track to help make Setup/Teardown a bit easier. I personally think that Grant shouldn't have to shoulder the costs for this on his own & maybe hastily offered that the club could try to acquire the track or at least help purchase it.
I agree that Grant shouldn't have to buy track but we have never used all the track we have and I don't even believe all of it will fit in the space available so we simply do not need to buy more track.
Since that post, cowboysir has offered to potentially loan some of his 50cm track. Grant & the club will be looking into this option to see if it's viable. If for some reason it doesn't work out, we can all discuss what our next steps can be.

GTG Fee Increase: The Fee increased by 50% not 100%. It went from $10 to $15. We also introduced a $10 option for those that come out for a shorter amount of time & we kept the $5 Refund for helping Setup/Teardown As I stated before I don't really count the rebate bribe so effectively most of us have been paying $5 per event and now you want $10. That's a 100% increase no matter what spin you try to put on it.

Inflation: The price of stuff unfortunately continues to go up year by year. I may have pie in the sky ideas but I would like to see the club grow, change & evolve. Not just by the number of members, but by what we can do & what we can accomplish. I'd like to have some money in the kitty to help pay for Truck/Van/Trailer Rental & Hall/Room Rentals for more occasional Large Track Setups. I don't hear anyone but you expressing sadness about the lack of or expressing a desire for more huge events.

I would like us to switch over to the newer Trackmate receiver hardware as it will help with setup. This has already been addressed by someone else and it sounds like there's really no reason for this expense.
I'd also like the club to be able to have a small stock of the most commonly used tires & also to have a few transponders on hand for loan & sale in case people need them. I'll address the commodities later but the transponders for loan is a really bad idea. How many have you already loaned out and not gotten back, at least one and I believe 2. I suggested taking collateral (cell phone, wallet, car keys, whatever) but you refused and out walked the loaned transponder. I can't provide that if I have no money to draw from. Most of the time I put in my own money & then take it back later or just don;t bother, that's getting tougher to do for me. Last year the turnout kind of swindled a bit, so the club was unable to bank any money to draw from for the afore mentioned types of things so it's one reason why we didn't have as many larger track GTG's.
As for raising the GTG price for both locations rather than just when we run at Grant's, I thought that raising it across the board instead of for one location over the other was just easier for everyone & for the times that we run in Newton would help us get a little extra money in to put in the kitty for the club.

As for the increase itself, I felt that it was needed for the club to be able to go forward with the ideas that both I & those of some of the other members have. The new year just seemed like an opportune time to do it. I'm sorry you feel that it was dictated to you. I know this wasn't your point, but how many other activities can you do for 8 hours a day that will cost you $20 or less? Most people go to the ATM & typically pull out a $20 bill as it is. $20 to come & run for the day with pizza for lunch I think is a pretty darn good deal.

Bribe vs. Incentive: The $5 Refund isn't meant as a bribe, it is intended to be an incentive. Asking Dave W. & Grant to store, transport & Setup/Teardown the track is a lot. It becomes very tedious. There was a period where very few people were helping out with Setup/Teardown. I feel the $5 incentive helps out a bit & after putting it in place, I feel we have had more people coming out. Maybe it's not due to the getting $5 bux back more as it is about people wanting to help. People weren't helping to setup/teardown before and now that you offer money they are. The obvious conclusion is that the only reason they're helping now when they didn't before is for the money.

Host running for free: The club has typically picked up the hosts tab for their GTG & Pizza Fee's in the past & we will continue to do so.
Quote:
cowboy, thank you for your reply as well.

Yes, Grant said he was willing to continue to host. But, perhaps "The G' can fill us all in. =)

We appreciate that your willing to lend us/Grant some track, so long as he is willing to continue to host & can adequately store it, it's a win win situation for us!. We thank you & your generosity won't go without notice!

Ambitions are what drive me forward. I have big plans for the club this year & I hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride!

I think something like a "Special Assessment" is doable, there are many ways we could work that in. But, personally I just like to have the coffers ready well in advance just in case. Maybe it's just the way I like to do things. That, & it allows for spontaneity. I'm not talking about the club having big dollars saved up, but having about $150 in our coffers would be nice. It would allow for more spontaneous run free days or what have you...

As for the Trackmate Receiver hardware, I think it was mentioned by The Steve & Dave W. that with the way it works, it would be easier to get positioned anywhere we might want it. I think the other issue was that the RS232-->USB adapter doesn't work on anything Windows XP or newer & it has acted up in the past. This is something that I will revisit to determine if it's what we want. This has already been addressed by someone else and it sounds like there's really no reason for this expense.

Transponders: You have a valid point, yes either Dave W, or I would need to be there. It's rare that we both are not able to make it, so there is a very big chance we would be there. These items aren't just for new members, but they would of course benefit from them the most. But, so would all members. Tires for sure. & they don;t cost much. I'm not talking about us buying $100 worth, more like 2 sets. If the club does sell stuff, no matter when it has or will be, or whom it's to, we rarely make money. & if we do, it's negligible outside of shipping, gas & times costs if those were incurred. I very strongly disagree with this. The 'club' is not a store and should not aspire to be one. If you'd like to open a hobby store with your own money feel free to do so. As for transponders there should absolutely not be money being made on them. TrackmateDan deserves all the profits for the product he manufactures and sells.
Quote:
It doesn't need an OS update. XP is no longer supported. I did recently have to format it & reinstall the OS on it, but it's easy enough to get a copy of XP still.

As I mentioned, I think it was Steve & Dave W. that had talked about using the newer style. But, we have a pretty long RJ45 cable as it is, so I don't recall why it was brought up other than to maybe get rid of the older version & the RS232-->USB adapter This has already been addressed by someone else and it sounds like there's really no reason for this expense.

You are right, again I guess I just like to make sure we have the funds so that we can plan them in advance or last minute with adaquit notice so people can actually make it & then not have to reply on collecting the money later. I guess I'm very instant gratification oriented.

I agree, we do need to be mindful. I'm not just collecting money & then running out & spending it on stuff I want. But this is exactly what you have already done. More than once. How many sets of foam tires does the 'club' own? Does anyone in the club even know that the 'club' owns these?
And what about the new smaller transponders that you bought 'for the club'? Where exactly are they right now?
I plan on bringing some of my ideas to light very soon. We are a club & I like it that way. Everyone helps out, everyone pitches in & everyone has a voice. I'd have it no other way. Maybe I'm just filled with passion & can;t hold it back & want the world but I should just settle for what I have or at least just a small piece of pie rather than all of it.

One thing I'd like to see the club do is say, around lunch when most people are eating is have a group huddle where we can chat about ongoing issues like these. We would just wan to take notes so that those not present know what may have been talked about at the meeting & therefore know what to expect coming up. Or we can also create a thread for this type of stuff on the forums. I look forward to this upcoming year & I hope you are all too & I hope to see you and some new faces out at the track.
You're asking us to pay for stuff that you want without first asking if we're willing to do so.
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.02.18, 06:10 PM   #11
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I haven't forgotten about this thread nor am I avoiding it. I just have been quite busy as of late & I apologize for the extended reply time.

Dave/xmodcanuck: No, I never asked for anyone's opinion as such on getting additional track. I had thought the open conversations that happened during our GTG's were enough for people to have overheard that we were talking about getting additional track. These conversations were not made when everyone was a part of it, and I hope to change that going forward. I am currently no longer looking at purchasing much additional track if any, as cowboysir has graciously offered to loan us some of his. After we have his on hand, I would like to consider potentially purchasing some additional 50cm inside corners etc. Nothing too major. More on the talking/conversation part, something I have always wanted to do was a meeting during our GTG's. There have been some times I have used the "lunch break" or other parts of the day to talk to people or as an announcement time. I would like to start gathering everyone together during the lunch time to table these types of conversations.

For the increase, I do see your point. As you don't consider the $5 refund as part of the fee, going from $5 to $10 is double. But, it's only $5 in the end. Having change on hand is tough. I'm sure we could go to the bank to get change to make sure we have it on hand, but it's still only $10 for a full day to run if you help setup or teardown. Maybe my own logic is flawed, but I go to an ATM on my way to the GTG & pull out $20. The machine I use doesn't dispense anything else other than $20's. I usually just hand over the $20 and rarely ever take the $5 back at the end of the day. Again, it's my own preference that I do that & consider $20 to run for the day a bargain.

There are plenty of others that come out to the GTG's that have liked the Larger room GTG's & I would like to hold 2 or more of them a year. I am sure if I were to hold them, people would come. But again, I plan on using the forums here & the meetings at our GTG's to gather feedback on if people do want this and when a good time in the year would be & what the budget for the day would be.

We only ever "lost" one transponder which I believe we ended up getting back a few weeks later. Rather than taking collateral I typically rename the transponder in the laptop with the persons name that borrowed it. I think I did take ID once or twice & at one point we were charging like $5 to rent the transponder & this at least brought in some money incase it did go missing, yes, it has to be rented a few times to make sure you covered it, but we haven't lost one for any lengthy period to date yet.

We have never made any money on reselling transponders, we sell them for the same amount that we buy them for. I agree, we are NOT a store, nor are we here to make money from the people that come to our GTG's. I think the convenience of having extra tires that everyone typically runs with & some transponders for sale is just that, convenience. Did someone new show up, or someone's tires wear out & they hadn't gotten around to purchasing new ones, well, we can help out. I really have only considered keeping tires & transponders on hand, nothing more.

The club didn't buy any foam tires. The ones that I have are my old ones that I purchased for myself & I once in a while lend them out to people if they want to try them or need them.

I also want thank you for your feedback & everyone else's, communication is key & it is always welcome & needed for us to have fun at our GTG's & to continue to grow.

I hope to see you all out at the track again soon!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2017.02.28, 12:16 AM   #12
The G

After talking with Ryan about the slush fund. It was decided that, i will look after the slush fund for the Langley part of the club. Of course if another member would like the responsibility, they are welcome to it. I have started a log book, open to anyone who wishes to see it. The room rental has increased in Langley from $35 to $40.00. After covering the room cost February 12th we came out with $10.00 in the kitty and an unopened 2litre bottle of coke from the pizza lunch. From the February 26th Gtg we came out after paying for the room with $20.00 and consumed the 2litre bottle of coke with our pizza lunch. So Langley has in the kitty a total of $30.00. Also Derek was kind enough to lend the club his 50cm large inside radius turn kit. Anyways open for discussion here or over lunch at the next Gtg march 12th, thanks.
The G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.03.21, 08:36 PM   #13
The G

After the March 12th Gtg we added another $40.00 to the kitty in Langley. We now have $70.00.
Old 2017.04.10, 05:50 PM   #14
The G

From the April 9th GTG we came out with $30.00 towards the kitty. Adding the $30 to the $70 we already have in our slush fund. The Langley side of the club now has $100.00
Old 2017.04.27, 10:39 PM   #15
The G

From the April 23rd Gtg we added another $20.00 to the kitty. We now have a total of $120.00 in the Langley slush fund.