Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.11.01, 11:57 AM   #16
Qball41

Well, we already ordered the easy lap timing system this week and it will be delivered tomorrow. So if its not HFAY compatible we'll just not participate.
Qball41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.01, 02:10 PM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The key point being, No one has said it isn't. Just need to make sure your results formatting meeting submission criteria. Where additional digits may be need I assume a zero can be input.

There are no prizes to be had other than pride so not the end of the world if there is a mismatch resulting from a 1/1,000th of a second variable.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.01, 07:59 PM   #18
Qball41

That works. We'll still need some time to continue to get organized, so we're probably looking at 27.
Old 2018.11.01, 08:01 PM   #19
TPDazzle

You have nothing to worry about. We use EasyLap and Zround in HFAY. It reports laptimes to thousandths of a second. We will look forward to competing against a new group!
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.03, 02:54 PM   #20
BladeSling

At the moment since the race times are manually processed by me (Ty is the one accepting these times). I will take nearly whatever format as long as it has Racer name, time, laps and club. The racer name MUST remain consistent throughout the season.

I am working on the website to post HFAY race results. I'm nearly ready for a very alpha version that will take the manual process off my plate. For the first version I will need to manually add clubs, assign club owners and manage the HFAY championship races. But club owners will be able to post race results of a HFAY championship race. I will of course continually improve the website to better support HFAY and other racing communities.

I know Flipside has HFAY export support, what about the other tools such as Zround? If not maybe someone can get me a sample file that exports and I can attempt to support it. Are there any other applications people are using for HFAY races?

The bad news is that website is on pause while I fix the timing bug Next Level Timing has with EasyLap and Robitronic systems (good news for some). I'll let Ty know (the one who is collecting the times at the moment) when I'm ready for testers. I expect it will be available during the next HFAY season.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.10, 12:06 AM   #21
TPDazzle

Tri-Cities mini z just finished the Fall 2018 HFAY season, and although none of us made our goal of 80+ laps this season, we had a great time. (I am in awe that top racers used to get well over 100 laps on some of these tracks). I would like to thank PDX mini z for continuing this fun series, and I encourage other clubs to participate, it is a ton of fun. The next season should be starting in January.
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.18, 12:59 PM   #22
TyGminiz

Hi Qball41, I'm sorry for the late response. I had been getting alerts via email when this page was updated, but then Comcast updated their emails, i bet they are in my spam folder.

We would love to have you join in HFAY. We are just finishing up the Fall 2018 season presently but will begin again in January 2019 for the Spring Season (runs Jan - May). I hear rumors of a guy we know getting some guys together in California possibly... right Bob?

We are using all the rules from the HFAY website. If there are questions, please yes post them here and one of us somewhere who are familiar with HFAY will direct you. I sure don't claim to know all the answers... i'm just a temporary organizer. Until someone takes back the reigns.

True as arch2b, SuperFly, TPDazzle, and BladeSling have mentioned, there are many timing systems to choose from, including the one from BladeSling, which work fine. Yup, all on your honor. And we have found that working together instead of pounding out the "who's the best" builds everyone's abilities and increases the enjoyment... for HFAY. We have the "who's the best" nights on other nights to mix it up.

Presently you can find a lot of introductory info and HFAY links on our website. search pdx mini z. We were just a few folks that started from nothing, so BladeSling built us a central location for what we needed. Then there were problems with the HFAY site, so we jumped in to help out and keep things going. It's been a blast.

I will see what is going on with my alerts. But glad to hear from you.

Ty

Last edited by TyGminiz; 2018.11.18 at 01:05 PM.
TyGminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.18, 01:03 PM   #23
TyGminiz

Great job Paul. You guys have excelled in the past 6 months. May not have hit your 80 lap goal... but you will be in the 80's before you know it and be pushing to the 90's and beyond like us. Great job getting your guys going and supporting them. Glad to have you involved, it keeps pushing us to get better as well.
Old 2018.11.18, 01:07 PM   #24
TyGminiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball41 View Post
That works. We'll still need some time to continue to get organized, so we're probably looking at 27.

What does "looking at 27" mean? did i miss another message somewhere?
Old 2018.11.18, 03:21 PM   #25
Qball41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGminiz View Post
What does "looking at 27" mean? did i miss another message somewhere?
Sorry, I meant season 27 (January). Our group just got formed about a month ago and has already grown to 10 racers and counting. November and December will be good to help everyone learn a bit before jumping into HFAY.
Old 2018.11.18, 03:32 PM   #26
bobbyz

Yes, just need to take a trip up to San Jose to pick up the track. So there'll be a Malibu club joining Jan2019!
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.18, 03:33 PM   #27
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
Yes, just need to take a trip up to San Jose to pick up the track. So there'll be a Malibu club joining Jan2019!
You should call it "Malibu Gran Prix "

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.11.18, 04:46 PM   #28
TyGminiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
You should call it "Malibu Gran Prix "
lol, that would be too funny... maybe, just maybe a small fringe on copyright somewhere.

Maybe Malibu Mini Z Gran Prix.

Great to hear it Bob. Can't wait to have you back competing with us. There was a guy recently selling a couple double L's just north of LA a couple hours. I forget where you are at again.

search F b Monte Gaulrapp November 16 at 12:00 PM RCP Track In So Cal

Last edited by TyGminiz; 2018.11.18 at 05:09 PM.
Old 2018.11.18, 04:51 PM   #29
TyGminiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball41 View Post
Sorry, I meant season 27 (January). Our group just got formed about a month ago and has already grown to 10 racers and counting. November and December will be good to help everyone learn a bit before jumping into HFAY.
That's great. I would do a few of the tracks we did this season and see how you compare.
Old 2018.11.18, 05:01 PM   #30
Qball41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyGminiz View Post
That's great. I would do a few of the tracks we did this season and see how you compare.
We run weekly using the HFAY track plans. How we compare isn't important at this point. I'm not expecting any of us to be near the top of the results. It's about getting participation at this point and having fun.