Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.06.13, 08:41 PM   #1
byteme909

Ridiculous prices for autoscale bodies?

I was just looking around ebay and noticed an autoscale yellow lamborghini murcielago. I looked at the price and its going for over 160! Why is the lambo worth so much? Is it only the yellow one that is worth this much?
byteme909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 09:11 PM   #2
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

As of now, they dont make that body anymore. Its a popular body and good for racing. Its still to much.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 09:56 PM   #3
byteme909

wow. still seems kind of ridiculous to me to pay that kind of price for a racing body. i guess it makes more sense if you were collecting it.

i'm glad i got my black lambo in my closet then . what other autoscale bodies are in demand?
Old 2008.06.13, 10:22 PM   #4
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme909 View Post
i'm glad i got my black lambo in my closet then . what other autoscale bodies are in demand?
Another body that's rare and in pretty high demand is the Original-Teile Mercedes... If you can find one, I've seen them go as high as $130 and up..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mini-Z%20ORIGINAL-TEILE%20MERCEDES%20CLK_BIG.jpg (25.9 KB, 155 views)
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 10:55 PM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by byteme909 View Post
wow. still seems kind of ridiculous to me to pay that kind of price for a racing body. i guess it makes more sense if you were collecting it.

I tend to think even the black Murceilago is even more rare than the yellow or green ones as it was a limited production version. But what makes something as value and high-priced as that yellow Murceilago, all depends on how many people want the same thing, and how extreamly hard it is to find one that is still in box mint condition. More people will race the yellow or green body as it's easier to see on the track, the black one is more collector's style.
These day's it seems, any really rare AutoScale body IS a collector's item simply cause it is so damn hard to find. Once you have one, you usually don't want to race it and risk damaging such a rarity. Look at the Enzo, it's everywhere and everybody seem's to have one, so they are pretty cheap. At my local club alone, we probably have three to four Enzo's running at once. Either that or the Mclaren.
The Initial D car's used to be considered rare till they were re-released for the MR15 chassis. Most bodies made from "Skynet" are considered rare.
It's only value really is, how much do you want to sell it for, AND, how much are you willing to pay for it? That 160 dollar yellow Murcielago is way to high for just the body, at that price, you might as well buy a ready-set.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.14, 12:25 AM   #6
byteme909

i guess ebay is a good estimator of the "going price" of these things. there is still a few days to go so it may go even higher with the way the bidding is going.

i never saw the original tiele merc before. i did have the old warsteiner mercedes and that was a beauty. too bad i destroyed it.

i'm just happy my autoscale is worth so much. awesome for my little collection.
Old 2008.06.14, 09:33 PM   #7
Nic-Z

Send a message via MSN to Nic-Z Send a message via Skype™ to Nic-Z
I have a black limited ed. Murci, and orginal teile, and some old mercades white bodies that will be posted on ebay this comming week except I already sold the black lambo to the man in the poka dot shirt.
Old 2008.06.14, 10:54 PM   #8
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic-Z View Post
I have a black limited ed. Murci, and orginal teile, and some old mercades white bodies that will be posted on ebay this comming week except I already sold the black lambo to the man in the poka dot shirt.
Old 2008.06.15, 08:14 AM   #9
greekone
Volvo Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to greekone Send a message via Yahoo to greekone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
+1 on that, they are just bodies..
I can't live without them.
greekone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.15, 07:42 PM   #10
Neomax
UK, Stafford Mini Z Racer

Send a message via AIM to Neomax
I race a Limited Edition Lambourghini Murcielago, with Limited Edition BBS alloys.
Number 1 of only 3000 made.
It is my HFAY car and my pride and joy
I dont care what it's worth, i wouldn't sell it.

This is not just a body, she is a god-like entity, worship her, for she is Artemis reborn!
lol

This car is the next most beautiful thing behind my wife .. (had to get that one in there for the Brownie points) lol

Dont ask what we were doing in a field...lmao

Last edited by Neomax; 2008.06.15 at 07:56 PM.
Neomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.15, 08:33 PM   #11
herman

Quote:
I race a Limited Edition Lambourghini Murcielago, with Limited Edition BBS alloys. Number 1 of only 3000 made.
cool.... are the rims really alloys? is it an authentic kyosho release?
and you race it too???? man...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 12:27 AM   #12
DJ Kyosho
The Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomax View Post
Dont ask what we were doing in a field...lmao
So... what were you guys doing in a field
DJ Kyosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 10:31 AM   #13
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kyosho View Post
So... what were you guys doing in a field
I think that's for him to know, and for your imagination to find out! I think that was my Murcielago that I sold a year ago as I recognize those rim's. Yes, they are alloy and I had forgotten who made theme. It was either 3Racing, Team Entigy, or one of those odd-ball companies. My newest black Lamborghini Murcielago will have a set of Team Atlis wheel's.
Old 2008.06.16, 10:35 AM   #14
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz View Post
As of now, they dont make that body anymore. Its a popular body and good for racing. Its still to much.
At least it's now available for the Dnano!
Old 2008.06.16, 11:13 AM   #15
Hood
Corvette Killer

At one point I had 5 of each color.. We were going to use them as Zoccer Cars..

Nobody wanted to abuse their cars enough to play Zoccer, so I sold all ten of them pretty cheap..

Hindsight is a mother..
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote