Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.07.15, 08:54 PM   #1
ncrcracing

ALS Charity Race - October 23

Hey everyone!

With this Fall's race calendar quickly filling up I wanted to get our date for this year's race out there for all.

Just wanted to start the thread for our annual event.

It will be our fourth year now to raise money for the VA/DC/MD ALS Association. Always a great crowd and always an unbelievalble prize list and too cool to be true trophies.

Same location as last year only this time there will be a little more pit area.

Usual classes as before:
MiniZ STK (Hopefully handout 70T motors)
MiniZ F1
MiniZ OPEN (Mod and AWD combined, nothing is illegal except LiPos)
1/18th
and just maybe
MiniZ Nanos

Save the date - October 23 (Saturday) with practice Friday night before.

Food will likely be provided again for all drivers thanks to Chicken Out Catering.

Becuase of time we will be limiting entries to the first 75 cars so I would strongly recommend pre-registration once I get the entry form posted.

Please make this STICKY and feel free to post any questions for all to see.

More details will follow...Bring your friends.

Russ
NCRC Racing
ncrcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.16, 07:17 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
awsome! i'll put this on my calendar immediately. this is an annual event i look forward to every time came so close last year for f1... maybe this year is my year
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.16, 07:58 AM   #3
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The event goes to the top of my attendance list for the month of October as well. I had such a great time last year that I will never miss it again. I'll start going through the inventory to see if I can come up with a prize or two for this year as well.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.16, 08:21 AM   #4
arch2b

ah, thanks for the reminder Mike. i'll see what i have to donate as well. might not be able to to last year but i will have something to contribute.
Old 2010.07.16, 08:46 AM   #5
ncrcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
The event goes to the top of my attendance list for the month of October as well. I had such a great time last year that I will never miss it again. I'll start going through the inventory to see if I can come up with a prize or two for this year as well.
Mike,
You guys are great!

BTW - we are working out hotel discounts for the event for the out of town folks who don't want such a long day. I'll keep you posted!!!
Old 2010.07.16, 08:55 AM   #6
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

You are a kind and generous man as well as a gentleman and a scholar unlike me who is a bad judge of character.
Old 2010.07.16, 09:03 AM   #7
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

most definitly gonna do what it takes to squeeze this race in... we had a blast last year... cant wait to do it again...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.16, 09:58 AM   #8
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

u guys gonna be using the core lapcounting system again?... gotta see if i can find my cards...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
Old 2010.07.16, 10:00 AM   #9
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

If there is a shortage I can bring some loaner's.
Old 2010.07.20, 11:15 AM   #10
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
this event is for such a great cause...gonna have to see what work and my family will let me do that weekend

been too daggone long since i ran my mini-z definitely gonna have to see about getting out for this - as well as seeing who i can bring along with me

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.20, 09:16 PM   #11
ncrcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
You are a kind and generous man as well as a gentleman and a scholar unlike me who is a bad judge of character.
Mike you crack me up...that's no way to speak of Phil...
Old 2010.07.20, 09:17 PM   #12
ncrcracing

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
this event is for such a great cause...gonna have to see what work and my family will let me do that weekend

been too daggone long since i ran my mini-z definitely gonna have to see about getting out for this - as well as seeing who i can bring along with me
You are too close not to come. We have been blessed that the prizes just keep getting better as the years have gone by so I hope to have some good ones waiting for you and yours. COME ON DOWN!!!

Russ
Old 2010.07.20, 09:20 PM   #13
ncrcracing

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
most definitly gonna do what it takes to squeeze this race in... we had a blast last year... cant wait to do it again...
I hope your whole crew can make it and if you see Maj let him know he can bring down his mobile store again.

CoreSpeed will be the system and the plan is to get a USB amplifier to improve the signal as well as extra cards (small ones) from CoreSpeedway who have been strong sponsors of NCRC Racing from DAY ONE!

Stay tuned for more info!
Old 2010.07.23, 10:08 AM   #14
arch2b

what is the thought to a novice class? my son has been coming to this with me for years and has always asked if he could race but it would just generate stress and grief i don't need when he backs up into oncoming traffic which may or may not include some of the top drivers on the east coast

another thing to begin to think about is experience levels. this annual event continues to draw some of the top regional drivers and it becomes hopeless in a sense for the average regional racer in attendance have get a podium finish.

unlike almost all the other large events, this one is not tied to any series, no links to qualifying for other events, etc. it could stand to do well by separating the classes by experience levels (requires honor code to comply). don't get me wrong, i love getting the chance to race with top east coast drivers but at the same time, i know i, along with others, create a sense of frustration for the top guys whom have been taken out of races due to accidents, etc. over the years the top drivers continue to come back to this event and at the same time the grumbling in the pits continues to grow as the gap between the top and bottom drivers widens and mixes on the track.

just raising the subject for consideration iether way my son and i will be there as usual to show our support for the cause and solidarity to your club. don't hesitate to contact me if you need help with anything.
Old 2010.07.23, 10:57 AM   #15
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrcracing View Post
I hope your whole crew can make it and if you see Maj let him know he can bring down his mobile store again.

CoreSpeed will be the system and the plan is to get a USB amplifier to improve the signal as well as extra cards (small ones) from CoreSpeedway who have been strong sponsors of NCRC Racing from DAY ONE!

Stay tuned for more info!
we are gonna do our best to bring the most amount of racers from the shop as we can... i will keep you posted if you start a sign up sheet...