Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.01.08, 07:20 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Core Software Updates

after installing the latest update, i noticed something funny happening

after setting time limit in the setup menu and going back to the race screen, the time limit would not show nor would the timer stop at the preset limit. this happened several times.

previously i had been able to scan in however many cars were placed on the loop. now i can only get 2/3 in at a time. also, if there are several cars on the loop, it will not pickup new cars until someone backs off the loop.

yesterday was the 1st time i've had a chance to run the latest update with more than 1 car
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.08, 11:01 PM   #2
CoreAnalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
after installing the latest update, i noticed something funny happening

after setting time limit in the setup menu and going back to the race screen, the time limit would not show nor would the timer stop at the preset limit. this happened several times.

previously i had been able to scan in however many cars were placed on the loop. now i can only get 2/3 in at a time. also, if there are several cars on the loop, it will not pickup new cars until someone backs off the loop.

yesterday was the 1st time i've had a chance to run the latest update with more than 1 car
We've had a few reports that the latest software update is having problems.
Best to fall back on the older version until we figure out the cause of these problems.

--Core
CoreAnalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 05:18 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thanks,
will do

oh, another idea that i wanted to mention to you atleast;
rather than having the car iamge library folders broekn out into chassis types ie; mr-02, etc. could you simply have them all in one folder? the issue is, now that there are 4 chassis's out there; mr-01, mr-015, mr-02, ma-010, bodies can get moved around between them much easier than before. as it's currently setup i would have to go and copy/paste all the bodies from other folders into the desitnation folder i need to use. for example, using an mr-01 body on the ma-010... or using mr-02 body on a mr-015...

i'm not sure one large library would necessarily be the best answer but when selecting images it would be nice to have access to those found in other folders.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 06:18 AM   #4
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
I downloaded version 1.1.0.0 and installed it. I'm still not sure what is different. See above post.

The one thing I did notice was wrong is that the picture library that I added to would not work in the new version. I did not overwrite the pics I currently have in the library during installation but when I went into edit a car the lists were different than what is actually in the "CARS" folder. I uninstalled the new version and re-installed version 1.0.1.0 and the car pick lists were all back again. What could be wrong here?
Old 2006.01.09, 10:03 AM   #5
CoreAnalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman1
I downloaded version 1.1.0.0 and installed it. I'm still not sure what is different. See above post.

The one thing I did notice was wrong is that the picture library that I added to would not work in the new version. I did not overwrite the pics I currently have in the library during installation but when I went into edit a car the lists were different than what is actually in the "CARS" folder. I uninstalled the new version and re-installed version 1.0.1.0 and the car pick lists were all back again. What could be wrong here?
The new version requires graphics to be in PNG format.
Old 2006.01.09, 10:20 AM   #6
machine
learning the hard way

what was wrong with the old version? I don't have teh internet at the shop yet (damn phone company has us scheduled for the 26 of Feb). So is it worth me bringing my system home for the update?
Old 2006.01.09, 10:34 AM   #7
gasman1

What are the enhancements in the new version?

It would have been nice to know you guys changed the file format of the pic libraries before I spent an hour trying to figure out why my pics didn't load anymore and ended up reinstalling the old version.

A little communication goes a long way.
Old 2006.01.09, 04:35 PM   #8
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Changed to PNG format! I just finished creating a great many car images in JPG format. Could you please change it back or give us the option which format to use? People have been happily customizing your product for a while now, it’s rather inconvenient to have the format changed out from under us, and could even disrupt club events.

Another convenience suggestion:
I have over 300 edited sound files for different cars and their color/sponsor combinations. It would be nice if I could assign sound files by name to a TX.

In the TX Setup screen, Record “Fast Time” and “Takes Lead” create a file with a long sting of numbers. I must then hunt down and replace with these with my edited sound files, changing their names to match the serial string.

What I want to do is dump all my “NSX_Castrol_TakesLead.wav” and McLaren_FastTime.wav” type files into the Driver directory and from the TX Setup screen simply point it at the file I want it to use.

BTW, I’ll be releasing all these files to the web soon. I have a few more tracks to finish up to include for the track selector.

arch2b, I already did just that. I now have an “Mini-Z MR” directory with all the body types in it.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 07:32 PM   #9
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

(Ok, I can’t edit my previous post for some reason)

Addendum:
It just occurred to me the PNG change is likely to provide transparency. Well, that’s good too. But like I said, it would be ideal if the program could read both JPG and PNG. Then users could only update the files they want to use the alpha channel, and leave the ones that don’t require it.
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.09, 09:19 PM   #10
gasman1

I used Paint Shop Pro version 9 to batch convert the pics from jpg to png format. It took about 10 minutes to do them all. I haven't reinstalled the latest version since I converted the pics
Old 2006.01.09, 11:02 PM   #11
CoreAnalog

Guys,

I think we fixed the problem with that last software release. Grab the latest and greatest from the Core download page (http://www.corespeedway.com/download.cgi).

We switched the graphics PNG because it supports transparency which allows for better looking graphics overlays. Sorry to all the guys who made some custom graphics. However, it's quick to convert your jpg's to png format :-)

--Core
Old 2006.01.10, 12:35 AM   #12
machine
learning the hard way

I'm getting an access denied, I don't have a zip code, I'm in Canada. I've got my email adress and serial number.
Old 2006.01.10, 01:35 AM   #13
CoreAnalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine
I'm getting an access denied, I don't have a zip code, I'm in Canada. I've got my email adress and serial number.
Send an email to support and we'll send you the correct fields to enter.
Old 2006.01.10, 06:25 AM   #14
gasman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreAnalog
Send an email to support and we'll send you the correct fields to enter.
Again, what is new and different in the latest version? That question has yet to be answered.

Thanks
Old 2006.01.10, 11:06 AM   #15
CoreAnalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman1
Again, what is new and different in the latest version? That question has yet to be answered.

Thanks
Lots of little bug fixes. TQ and best lap displayed on main scoreboard. Racer database is more organized. PNG support to allow more flexiblity in graphics. Moving arrow that points to the racer that just passsed the gate. Theme database re-organized.

--Core