Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.05.07, 09:35 AM   #1
ZachRS

Reflex Racing Ti Shaft

I just got my 2.4ghz awd chassis yesterday and installed this shaft with their new one sided shielded bearing set. I am so impressed with just putting the shaft in.The thing is absolutely perfect.The stock shaft gear works fine and theres no need to shim this shaft at all whatsoever.

Great product.Great Quality

I give it 10stars and they have earned my business.
ZachRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.07, 09:49 AM   #2
MantisMMA
tire schredder

yea, it is a great part! i especially like the knurls on the pinion end. what characteristics did you notice with the performance?

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.07, 10:41 AM   #3
MantisMMA
tire schredder

also the bearings make a huge difference, more than you would think. our cars even sound different!

Marcus Williams
Old 2009.05.07, 11:55 AM   #4
HaCo
02-Racer

Is it the PN version they sell, cause I don't find a reflex one. Maybe a partnumber would be good, thanks...
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.07, 12:12 PM   #5
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ RX1123. Its right on the home page under new stuff. If you try and pick up a set, you should grab some of their new bearings as well. Those things are ridiculous. Ive got a set and they spin longer than any ceramic bearings Ive ever had.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.07, 02:34 PM   #6
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
^ RX1123. Its right on the home page under new stuff. If you try and pick up a set, you should grab some of their new bearings as well. Those things are ridiculous. Ive got a set and they spin longer than any ceramic bearings Ive ever had.
I ordered one of the 4wd Tit center shaft, I will post my feed back as soon I test it, perhaps next week.

So reflex bearings are the best you have try. good to know, I need some new bearings for my 4wd ATM diff. One of them is not performing right.
Thank!!!
Cheers
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.08, 08:57 AM   #7
ZachRS

It does look alittle big when you first look at it but when you compare their's to the standard stainless steel one.Then thats solved. The one problem that I had with two which were the Kyosho Ti 64 wouldnt mesh right and it chewed my gear diff up and Atomic carbon fiber one wasnt great because when I took the car off the ground and throttled up the rear spur gear would slide up the shaft with throttle applied and then back down when throttle off. Also the stock on I had to shim it to get it to not ride up and down when throttle applied and not.

This one however doesn't not do that one bit. Its flush there's no movement to it except what it is suppose to do.I don't have a scale so I cant tell you how much it weighs.

Their bearings also are another really great product.

I dont race anyone, as up here in the north of Texas we or I haven't ran into any LHS that does competitive racing. But these products are top notch, RR knows what their doing because all of their guys are competitive.

I have Kyosho Ball Diff's with RR carbon ceramic balls, RR one sided shielded bearings and the RR ti shaft. Its all on a 2.4ghz awd chassis with stock gearing/motor the chassis is very very quite. Almost as quite as a Mr-02
ZachRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.08, 11:03 PM   #8
eztuner12

Reflex Racing MA-010 AWD Tit Center shaft feedback

Hello Gentlemen.

Well, I decided to install my new titanium center shaft from Reflex on my 4wd. It has been laying around since Tuesday, given that I have been short of time.
The shaft looks good from start; it is very rigid as proclaimed. The front gear tip is dented in line to prevent the gear from slipping, great asset. It fits so well and tight on the front gear that no glue is needed, as a fact when I intended to remove the gear, wow, what a hard time I had .

In line to install it I disassembled the front end to remove the gear, pulled out the rear end to remove the old good steel kyosho shaft. On my way to slip in the new RR titanium shaft form the rear side, the dented tip did not go thru the spur side bearing. I try from the front; no way could I slip it from the font neither, so out with the PCB cover, out with the PCB, out with the servo top covers. I try but it was too tight and had to remove the servo guts and the on/off switch holder to be able to slip it in without any risk of bending the shaft. Thanks God this has to be done ones in a lifetime .
Now that the shaft is in, in goes the front gear, great tight fit (No glue) and then in goes the spur gear. The spur gear fits so tight too, that I decided not to glue it. Little adjustment in rank to avoid any bindings with the bearings and voila, ready to rock…

I placed everything back in place after some cleaning & greasing. Btw, I took advantage and did some maintenance to both of the center shaft bearings, as well as, both diffs.

Test time; I tightened the diffs and applied some pressure by hand to see if the spur gear would skip or the shaft will flex; Result, none of the above, as advertized. I am loving it!!!!

Tomorrow I will go for the final test, the joy ride.

Ups!!! I forgot to compare its weight with the kyosho still. Anyone has this info???

It feels very light!
Thx!
Cheers
Old 2009.05.10, 03:45 PM   #9
eztuner12

Thumbs up

Hi

As promised, today I did the final test to this new Reflex Racing Titanium center shaft for the Mini-z MA-010 AWD, throughout a test drive.

My impression was 100% satisfactory; I will grade it with an A+.

I tested it on a 94 WB, since the shell I will use for the next period will be the ATM V-III Pan body.

I did everything possible to pressure this shaft to its limit, in order to make it slip gears or to create flections, but it defeated my intentions repeatedly. I even placed my car in front of the track rails with worm out tyres, and throttle it all the way with an ATM T2 Motor and Orion 900s to adjust my diff, to a very tight set and it just crushed my effort again.

This Reflex Racing center shaft is a hard cookie to beat. I have been waiting for this product since I began with Min-zs, and after a few years and many-tested shaft, I finally got it.

Thank you Reflex Racing!!!

Cheers
Old 2009.05.11, 02:16 AM   #10
-J-

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisMMA View Post
also the bearings make a huge difference, more than you would think. our cars even sound different!
Have you been able to compare them to ceramic bearings? On RR's website they say they're freer than ceramics, although I find that hard to believe.
Old 2009.05.11, 07:53 AM   #11
MantisMMA
tire schredder

they are definately freer than the ceramics and since they are open on one side, easier to maintain properly

Marcus Williams
Old 2009.05.11, 10:28 AM   #12
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
Have you been able to compare them to ceramic bearings? On RR's website they say they're freer than ceramics, although I find that hard to believe.
Ive run the PN open ceramics, and the ATM sealed ceramics. My older Aviod bearings from RR were comarable. These new bearings are more free than either of theo thers mentioned, and I love the one side sealing. As Mantis points out, the shielded bearings are impossible to maintain, and the open ones need to be cleaned evry run. These offer the best of both worlds, a nd I cant get over how free they are. Ill do a little video of wheel spin if you want me to, as most folks I show dont believe they are $10 bearings.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.11, 11:26 AM   #13
MantisMMA
tire schredder

As long as you face the open side on the inside you dont have to clean them that often. i blast them about every two weeks

Marcus Williams
Old 2009.05.11, 03:29 PM   #14
eztuner12

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Ive run the PN open ceramics, and the ATM sealed ceramics. My older Aviod bearings from RR were comarable. These new bearings are more free than either of theo thers mentioned, and I love the one side sealing. As Mantis points out, the shielded bearings are impossible to maintain, and the open ones need to be cleaned evry run. These offer the best of both worlds, a nd I cant get over how free they are. Ill do a little video of wheel spin if you want me to, as most folks I show dont believe they are $10 bearings.
Sealed bearing are great since they minimized maintenance over open bearings. Open bearings are freer than metal shield, but requires much more maintenance, even if only open one side.

Metal sealed bearings are very easy to clean, if you apply the proper technique.

In line to clean perfectly and easy a metal shield bearing, you deep the bearings in regular paint thinner or break fluid, with in a small jar, live it for 6 to 8 hours or overnight submerged in the thinner/ break fluid, occasionally shake up the jar. After the determinate time into the thinner or break fluid, then allow the bearings to air-dry or you can even blow them out with compressed air this technique will even remove & dissolve and break down the grease that the manufacturer packed the bearings with, then lube it up with the lubricant of your preference

Cheers
Old 2009.05.11, 05:08 PM   #15
ocean rodeo

I have a very unorthodox way to clean my bearings. I went to a 99 cents store and purchase a hand held back massager. I cut a empty plastic water bottle in half, fill it up with simple green enough to submerge my bearings then place the cup on top of the massaging head and turn it on. I vibrates the gunk and debris right out. Takes about 15 mins, then I blow them off with air, oil them up, good as new
ocean rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote