Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > KO PROPO

Old 2010.05.09, 11:46 AM   #1
Karl.no
Tamtech veteran

Post Mr KO PROPO Staff? A spesific ASF2,4 question :)

What version of ASF2,4 does the Mini-Z Formula 1 have ?
The same as an MR 02-LM or as the MR 03 ?

My consearn is the dreaded reverse time-delay.
As we all know, the MR 02-LM has about one second time-delay before one can engage reverse.
I've been told that on the new MR 03 they've fixed that.
Almost. The reverse time-delay is now said to be only 0,1 second.
I can live with that

Kyosho has released ASF2,4 versions of other chassies aswell.
Enter the F1 ASF2,4. (30510SP and 30510SP2)

Now, where does the F1 borrow the ASF2,4 electronics from, the MR 02-LM or MR 03 ???

Karl
Karl.no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.09, 12:24 PM   #2
LED

Euhm ...
Who told you the reverse time is 1 second ?
its 0.2 seconds to be correct. you can even reduce that to instant if you can hit that sweet spot with the trims. If you need 1 second before you can go reverse, you need to adjust your radio.
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.09, 01:48 PM   #3
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
The F1 shares the same PCB as the MR02. I have been thinking about getting an MR03 board for one of my F1's.

I barely notice the reverse delay. Most of the time if I get into the wall I have to wait for people to get by anyway. You cannot backup into traffic, that just asking for trouble.
Old 2010.05.09, 02:09 PM   #4
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
The F1 shares the same PCB as the MR02. I have been thinking about getting an MR03 board for one of my F1's.

I barely notice the reverse delay. Most of the time if I get into the wall I have to wait for people to get by anyway. You cannot backup into traffic, that just asking for trouble.
I really notice the reverse delay and I hate it.

Frequently I have a hard time getting into reverse when I have gotten tangled up on a straightaway, thus leaving my frantically trying to remove myself from becoming a raceway blockade taking damage from other cars flying down the straightaway.

Maybe it could be better with transmitter settings but I really welcome the MR-03 changes and would dread going to an MR-02 2.4 board once again. Let ME the DRIVER make my decision on when I want to reverse. I don't need a preprogrammed delay response to make me not be hasty when I make a mistake. TO me thats just a bad idea. Guessing by the recent change they realize that too.

Concerned about sending off your precious Mini-Z? Don't be!
Action B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.09, 03:22 PM   #5
LED

Like I said before, if you have a hard time getting into reverse your settings are not setup properly. Now I have never driven a 27 mhz car, nor a MR-03 so I cant compare. But I never have problems getting into reverse when I want to. Like Emu said, most of the time you need to wait for someone to pas anyway.
LED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.09, 04:33 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

The reverse delay is there to add the ability to brake, coast then brake again. It can be useful... With the AM car, if you did that, you would engage reverse, and the car would spin out completely. ASF instilled this delay to make sure that the car was still when reverse was engaged.

Try adjusting your throttle trim and endpoints... also, dont steer when engaging reverse. I can access reverse in less than a second if I want. I barely notice a difference between my MR02's, F1's and MR03.
Old 2010.05.09, 06:58 PM   #7
Action B
The Galliant Dude

I have never needed to brake/coast/brake.

I don't think most people do or you would hear as many complaints about that as we have about the reverse lockout. My opinion remains the same. Its gone now and there is a good reason for that. I'm happy the reverse lockout is gone and hope it never returns unless its a programmable feature on the board. You can say what you want but my opinion will not change on this and I hope some others on the forum agree lol.

Old 2010.05.09, 07:39 PM   #8
EMU
EMUracing

I agree, but that was the reasoning behind the reverse lockout from what I have been told. .2s is very short, but a long time in a race when your in a wall and it easily becomes 2-3s when you dont have the trims right
Old 2010.05.09, 07:56 PM   #9
Treadmule
Tire Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl.no View Post
As we all know, the MR 02-LM has about one second time-delay before one can engage reverse
...l
I didn't know that. The only reverse delay I'm aware of is the .2 sec delay mentioned in the Kyosho literature (page 23 of the LM Instruction Manual). In fact, I just got a BNIB MR-02 LM Porsche 962 and spent 3 hours track time with it today. I didn't have any reverse issues after I trimmed my tx settings. Engaging reverse was the same as my MR02 MM Enzo; I can't say if the delay is .1, .2 or .3 sec. but it's nowhere near a 1 second delay.

Where did your information come from?
Old 2010.05.09, 08:03 PM   #10
Treadmule
Tire Crew

Oh, yeah, I didn't mention that it's an ASF chassis. Nor did I mention that I can get into reverse with my steering turned right or left with no difficulty. Old wives' tales?
Old 2010.05.09, 11:17 PM   #11
ruf
4play

I vote that reverse be removed altogether for racing! Especially in a Formula car! muahahaha!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.10, 11:24 AM   #12
Action B
The Galliant Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf View Post
I vote that reverse be removed altogether for racing! Especially in a Formula car! muahahaha!
How about we just do that to YOUR cars? lol

We'll just add that .2 second delay to your forward throttle while were at it.

Old 2010.05.10, 01:30 PM   #13
KO PROPO Staff

As others have said, you can try to remove the delay with trims.

The easiest would be (if you own a KO Tx) to program the ET5 or BT1 to reverse.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.10, 02:45 PM   #14
Tjay

MR02 board: No matter what you do, you cannot make the reverse any faster. Even with programming your reverse to different button, trimming, etc... All you need to do is learn and get use to that .02 sec delay (which btw, feels more like 1 sec but anyhow...). My technique with the MR02 board is to hit the brakes one time, right after I crash (this is very fast reaction & you'll have to get use to this), then pause & leave my throttle in neutral position (you can also count "onethousand one") then hit the reverse. This always works for me.

You must remember to hit the brakes one time right when you crash. Not; crash then brake-reverse but rather crash-brake... reverse.

MR03 on the other hand is super quick. Not like the AM board but pretty close.
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.10, 02:56 PM   #15
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i did find my 3pk to have "faster reverse" on the 02s. it was just as good as the 03s on my ex-10. not sure but it was and i never could get it as good on the ex-10
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote