Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.06.28, 06:39 PM   #1
Sm0lders
Mini-Z F1 Racer

Send a message via ICQ to Sm0lders
Question Trim and Subtrim all the way left to center steering! :$

I got a Airtronics M8 and I can't get the center steering right, even if it works ok now I still would like to do something about it because I got to putt the Trim full left and the Subtrim almost full left to get a center steering, what should I do with the car so I can set the Trim and Subtrim almost in the center to get a center steering?

...Hmm, should have gone with (a).
Sm0lders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.28, 08:14 PM   #2
msyko
Mini-Z Enthusiast

First you should always start with the sub trim. That's why it is called sub trim. Max that out, then see where the normal trim is. If it is still to much for your liking, adjust the M8 trims back to nuetral, then adjust the trim pot on your mini-z. It is the pot in the upper left hand corner of the board. If you peel the sticker up on the cover there is a hole there for it. Adjust that till the wheels are centered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-z 059.jpg (14.7 KB, 79 views)
msyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.28, 08:47 PM   #3
Sm0lders
Mini-Z F1 Racer

I know about the pot, but it has no effect when I turn it.

I have a F1 btw...

Old 2003.06.28, 09:16 PM   #4
msyko
Mini-Z Enthusiast

That pot is on the bottom on an F1, Sometimes you have to turn it 3 or 4 full turns to get the steering to center up or even move. Try both directions. I have an M8 and had to max out the sub trim on some of my cars. The others were close. Everyone I know who has an M8 has had to adjust the sub trim alot for a mini-z, F1, or overlander. If you can't adjust that pot it's something you just have to live with.
msyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.06.29, 05:45 AM   #5
Sm0lders
Mini-Z F1 Racer

Ooh the one at the bottom!!!

Quote:
Sometimes you have to turn it 3 or 4 full turns to get the steering to center up or even move/
Ooh I figured that part out, you see you got to use the right equipment to turn that thing, if you turn it 45deg then the steering will do too.

I used a pincer to gently grap it and turn it around. I losen the board so I could see the underside with the pod and turned it with the car powered on, I could easely adjust it the right way, yay this is great!

Thnx Msyko!!!

Old 2003.07.17, 06:21 AM   #6
Cling

my steering was also wayyyy off.... that was before i saw the posts on this thread. now i am happy with my steering
thanks a lot

....now, do you guys know any tricks if it's my throttle trim that is way off? when i center my throttle trim, my car reverses. i have already put the trim on maximum forward BUT i still hear a humming noise... meaning reverse is still there .... is there another
pot that i can use to center my throttle?

thanks in advance
Old 2003.07.17, 06:44 AM   #7
jeffrey
undisputed

Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
how do you adjust it, you just turn it clock wise or counter clock wise with a phillips screw driver?

I DON'T NEED A FAST MOTOR TO GO FAST!
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.17, 02:58 PM   #8
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Umm 3 or 4 turns on that pot on the PCB will break it.. it only turns a little over 180 degrees from full left to full right.. very small movement is all it needs... go too far and you destroy it.
Old 2003.07.17, 04:50 PM   #9
bdreeft

jeffrey: for the steering it is a very very very very small adjustment to the pot. if you don't need to touch it, then just live with it. also, once it gets loose, it is a headache.

b

ps. email me or call me 479-5695 we have a race tonight on a very very good size track fully laid out and high grip.
Old 2003.09.12, 12:06 PM   #10
darkeldar70
Mini-Z Novice

the same prob

hi i have same car with the same prob but i cant find the "POT" where is ??can u insert a photo plzzzz
thank you
darkeldar70 is offline   Reply With Quote