Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.07.13, 01:45 AM   #211
supafastsupra2

Send a message via AIM to supafastsupra2 Send a message via MSN to supafastsupra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyrs25 View Post
I had the Gogolap working great and then the esc crapped out. I swapped in an MR03S board and got the stock servo to work fine. Unfortunately, the car requires the brushless motor due to interference with the body mount. I'll pick up another brushless board from Kyosho this week and finally be able to drive this car.
That sucks to hear your ESC crapped out. Not sure if Atomic would warranty it, but maybe check with the store you bought it from. We have had bad units come from the box, but haven't seen any working speed controls fail just yet.

We were testing the new Scorpion motors (pictured in above post) today and thought I burned my ESC as well. Thankfully that was not the case, but the rotor on the motor came unglued I'm surprised the ESC puts up with the abuse so far with this ridiculous motor.

Video/Photo below of our 'test' track before we steam clean the carpet and finalize the barriers.

http://youtu.be/I-tyN99OadE?list=UUs...ZZzDBjv-v8y6Qw
Old 2014.07.13, 11:11 AM   #212
DMALMAD

I know this is the atomic forum but if you are allowed to use foam tires and traction compound (recomended) Than you should also check out the x-power mrx. We have had a few racers try the atomic but in the end the mrx was always faster.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.13, 01:53 PM   #213
supafastsupra2

Send a message via AIM to supafastsupra2 Send a message via MSN to supafastsupra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
I know this is the atomic forum but if you are allowed to use foam tires and traction compound (recomended) Than you should also check out the x-power mrx. We have had a few racers try the atomic but in the end the mrx was always faster.
Yep, we use SXT 3.0 on the tires. A couple of the local racers intend to get the MRX soon. It looks like a great option. Just wish it could use a standard electronics setup for those of us who don't want to use ASF.
Old 2014.07.13, 08:25 PM   #214
yamar6

Just rec. Mine first thank god I looked be for I drove it.1 loose screw was
Holding my motor on the other one was not even in.few more tweeks and it be good
yamar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.13, 09:48 PM   #215
yamar6

I just ordered the arms do u notice a difference with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafastsupra2 View Post

My AMZ after installing the Scorpion 8500 motor and 450mah 65C battery!

Going to be running a lexan body on this one, but the battery will barely clear and work with the R8 Autoscale. Perfect side to side balance with the battery and scorpion motor in place.

Also, for those looking for a servo alternative, the airtronics 94800 drops right in with no mods and is $15. Just use the servo horn included with the servo.
Testing today at the local carpet track.
Old 2014.07.13, 10:16 PM   #216
supafastsupra2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
The camber arms? They help make the car feel more neutral, but I think combined with the front toe bar and rear toe in plates is when you get the full benefit. How this suspension is arranged, you gain toe out in the rear when you add camber, and the opposite is true in the front. Currently at 3.0 in the rear and -1 in the front with the pictured camber settings. Next time out I will try more camber in the front to compare.

Last edited by supafastsupra2; 2014.07.13 at 10:20 PM.
supafastsupra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.13, 11:02 PM   #217
yamar6

1.5 fronts and 2 in rear arms next I'll order the toe links thanks. Also the servo ur using is the plug like the stock I was going to try atomics digital servo
Old 2014.07.15, 02:41 PM   #218
yamar6

I have the car driving alright my new firelap awd runs much smoother and the servo is much smoother i m liking the fire lap more and I don't even have bearings in the hubs yet.I should bought all the hop ups for the firelap instead of buying atomic.
Old 2014.07.15, 05:02 PM   #219
kyoshosan

Quote:
Where did you buy the scorpion motor from?
kyoshosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.15, 11:47 PM   #220
supafastsupra2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshosan View Post
Where did you buy the scorpion motor from?
http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo...s/Z_1410_8500/
Old 2014.07.17, 12:52 PM   #221
yamar6

Will the aluminum hubs take the wheel wobble out the wheels also pull in and out
Old 2014.07.17, 11:34 PM   #222
dameetz

Quote:
Will the aluminum hubs take the wheel wobble out the wheels also pull in and out
No it will not, but the advantage of using this is that the toe and camber set up are precise because the screws to attach the toe link and the arm ball link will always go in vertically into the alum knuckle as opposed to the plastic knuckles where the screws sometimes got tilted when screwing down, sometimes having a hard side impact can also make the screws tilt and make the left-right toe and camber uneven.

For the in-out gap, you can shim up the universal shaft using 3x5mm spacers that atomic sold (comes in various thickness from 0.1-0.3mm in the packet) to get rid of the gap. Just dont shim it too tight otherwise the shaft wont rotate freely.
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.03, 08:14 PM   #223
yamar6

Bought the rear tie rods how do u know which one is which.I want to use #3
Old 2014.08.03, 09:28 PM   #224
dameetz

It has dots on it.....1 dot equal 1 deg toe in, if you want 3 deg toe in use the one with 3 dots.
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.03, 09:31 PM   #225
yamar6

Thank u also I have one with a line