Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.09.23, 04:12 PM   #16
CristianTabush

I can make a comparison, and actually, it is what I am doing next weekend, as I am building two nearly identical MR-02's except for front end. They will be tested on the 350Z, which is where I have had the most difficulty getting the regular front and the WTF to run as quick as the double A-Arm System.

Again, I do not intend to say that this works better than the PN arm system or vice-versa. It is just different.

The WTF is meant to make bigger bodies, which are easier to drive, since they are bigger, more responsive. A lot of the new bodies are so wide, that the benefits of the double A-arm design are hindered by the wide scrub radius that you are forced to run with the bodies. Our ideal idea would be a wider double a-arm set... We are just not there yet with our business to warrant spending that much money on a project.

What is to be expected from the Wide Track:
-More consistent fast laps with bigger bodies/ Pan Cars, this does not mean faster overall laps, just more precise driving characteristics that make the car feel "easier" to drive. This in turn leads to more consistency.
-Higher stability on High Grip Surfaces
-Higher stability at High Speed
-Increased On-Power Steering over V1
-Increased Initial Steering over V1
-Increased High Speed Steering over V1
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.23, 04:37 PM   #17
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
No problem Matt, I will let you know as soon as I find out about the colors. I should know by tomorrow or the day after. More information will follow soon. What colors would you be interested in?
blue,black,red and gold would be cool
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.23, 05:54 PM   #18
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Looks very good. Cant wait to try it out.

As for the characteristics on the WTF (V1), the thing is that is works so incredibly good on high grip surfaces
The WTF still holds all the records on both our tracks regarding lap time and number of laps, and this is because of reduced scrub, and stability/ driveability.

Essentially what we have experienced is that it is quicker all over than any other front end on regupol.

Mini-Z Norway
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.23, 05:55 PM   #19
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Oh, and Black and Gold are my preferences.

Mini-Z Norway
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.23, 10:37 PM   #20
CristianTabush

It seems as we will have 3 colors, as were initially intended. The colors will be changed a bit though.
We will have:
-Blue
-Silver
-Titanium

I could do another color, and I am on the fence for gold, but it is hard to warrant any other color when no motor mounts, knuckles, etc are available. I don't want to be stuck with a color that simply does not move...
Old 2009.09.24, 03:08 AM   #21
damonlam15

WELL, I ALWAYS WISH THERE WOULD BE SOME ONE MANUFACTURING THE OPTION PARTS IN TITANIUM WHITE

BY THE WAY, CT, DO YOU GOT ANY PLAN FOR THE OPTION PARTS ON MR-03?
damonlam15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 06:14 AM   #22
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

3racing makes gold knuckles dont they?
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 06:26 AM   #23
dvsstrike
The name is Tim

i prefer the matte blabk myself. i like that my car will stand out from the rest and everyone will know what parts i have on it. say you go to race and have the body off and someone sees it. every one will know it is a Reflex car with the side dampner to the front end and etc. no orange or blue anywhere.
dvsstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 09:24 AM   #24
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
It seems as we will have 3 colors, as were initially intended. The colors will be changed a bit though.
We will have:
-Blue
-Silver
-Titanium

I could do another color, and I am on the fence for gold, but it is hard to warrant any other color when no motor mounts, knuckles, etc are available. I don't want to be stuck with a color that simply does not move...

i personally like the gold but i dont think it will move very well either but i do think you should add the black though.

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 10:01 AM   #25
J-Milz

Wtf2

The new MR03 would look sick with the "Monster" green parts. New cars, new colors!
Old 2009.09.24, 10:34 AM   #26
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

now i would go for green. i would love to see some green parts start to show up.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 10:42 AM   #27
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
Quote:
We will have:
-Blue
-Silver
-Titanium

ct.....new stuff is cool.....as for color....i dont know what color to call it but all factory/werks parts for racing comes in that hard anodize color.. like a flat brown.....it looks awesome

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 12:56 PM   #28
CristianTabush

Thanks for your input guys.

Unfortunately, they don't have black in their available anodization colors, but we will have the titanium color and we also added a small batch of Gold. A lot of people on here mentioned gold so last minute I went ahead and asked for some.

So we will have:
-Gold
-Titanium
-Blue
-Silver

Price will be set at $32.00 for a set. It will come with 2 tie rods: a 0 degree and a 1 degree Toe out.

Yes we do plan on making parts for the MR-03, going forward, I believe the gold and titanium could be a very good look for that platform.

Hard anodization would be good. The only problem is the fact that depending on the type of aluminum, is the color it comes out. This might lead to VERY different hues of anodization (from orangey brown like the PN is, all the way to a military green like Team Associated used to be back in the day.) It is a great idea when dealing with certain parts like the shaft which allow it to be much harder than if it was just regular aluminum.
Old 2009.09.24, 02:15 PM   #29
pfcparts

Blue and silver are too generic. I really liked
the matte black. Gold is too flashy unless
you can get it to that shiny bronzish square
wheel hue.

You guys should go for something unique.

I'd vote lime green or a deep purple.

-----

Any weight savings from the previous version?

Looks like you'll still be able to use c clips right?

I don't like messing with set screws especially
at this scale...

parts
Old 2009.09.24, 02:31 PM   #30
CristianTabush

Yes blue and silver are generic, but from its own definition, this means it reaches the most customers. The market is what it is and blue is by far the most popular color out there.

The matte black is cool, but not available, which is a bummer. Titanium should be a good equivalent of a color that matches with most anything. It is also the color I would like people to associate with reflex. Grey is my favorite color I think. :P

The gold looks surprisingly good. It is not shiny and very similar to the Kyosho and QteQ gold. It should match with silver accents really nicely on a car. Mybe even like Yellow top Covers...

Green is cool, but it is one of those colors that matches with very few things. With the current chassis and parts colors out there, it would clash way too much. With the '03, being all black, color combinations can be easily matched to it, so green might be an option in the future...

Purple, for some reason I really do not like, so slim chance of that going through, sorry. Also so hard to match...

Until we don't have the capability of producing a FULL line of Z products, I rather stay closer to the "generic" colors so that the parts don't "clash" on people's cars. In the future, this can be changed though. Blue and Silver will probably always be there and the Titanium and Gold are very likely to be included as well. One of the greatest things about this new factory we are dealing with is that they are willing to produce any colors available in an order. If I want 10 different, I can make 10, so long as they have the anodization color available.

Weight savings... I have not really even checked. I need to get a more precise gram scale. We were not really looking to reduce weight though...

Yes, you will still be able to use regular c-clips, although once you see the set screw, you might change your mind. It is so awesome to loosen up the screw and drop the kingpin out. Once you are ready to install, you just slide the pin back in and tighten the screw, it's really nice...