Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.03.07, 05:58 PM   #1
audisten

X-speed.. How fast??

Hi There..

How fast will a Monster run with a X-speed motor??

NOOBIE!!!
Old 2004.03.07, 07:13 PM   #2
El Tigre

Not the most impressive, try a PN Racing Speedy motor.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.07, 09:28 PM   #3
Ryutech

I ran my Monster with the X Speed and my friend was running my racer with the stock motor. The speed was about the same.
Ryutech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.08, 03:18 PM   #4
ufokillerz
Lazy MiniZ'er

Tried the xspeed in my monster with fets, its noticably faster then stock motor, but not fast enough.
ufokillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.08, 08:22 PM   #5
TexasMonster

Send a message via AIM to TexasMonster
i ran my stock monster with the 11T pinon vs. 3 guys whose only mod was the xspeed and i got creamed. definitely a big difference in acceleration and top end. i would just get left behind on short straightaways, even if they were coming from behind me from on a turn. i'm ordering one asap before the next race. anybody run an xspeed monster vs the pn speedy?
TexasMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.10, 06:30 PM   #6
bithed
Retired Super Hero

Send a message via MSN to bithed Send a message via Yahoo to bithed
...My personal setup and experience...Tamiya Torque Tuned is running faster AND stronger than an xspeed...FAT 16 gauge wires on it too...Works for me...01 board too
Old 2004.04.26, 11:43 PM   #7
Max-Z

Not very accurate, but good enough...

I just got my Tamiya Speed Checker and this is what I did. You cannot put the whole monster on it, so I locked the differential and held one rear wheel over the speed sensor (rear spinning barrel) of the Tamiya Speed Checker....17 kph (10.5 mph). I then installed a 2x4 FETs and S03 motor...19 kph (12 mph).

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisten
Hi There..

How fast will a Monster run with a X-speed motor??

NOOBIE!!!
Max-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.27, 01:11 AM   #8
RedRSX
Bahrain GP - 04/04/04

Send a message via AIM to RedRSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Z
I just got my Tamiya Speed Checker and this is what I did. You cannot put the whole monster on it, so I locked the differential and held one rear wheel over the speed sensor (rear spinning barrel) of the Tamiya Speed Checker....17 kph (10.5 mph). I then installed a 2x4 FETs and S03 motor...19 kph (12 mph).
wait a second...you only got a 1.5mph increase from a xspeed to a S03 and 2x4 FET stack?!?!? That doesnt seem right...kinda weird

- Custom Black Land Crusier, LSSM Lift, Silver Alloy Main Gear Cover, Silver Alloy Motor Heatsink, Silver Alloy Battery Clips, Silver Alloy Knuckles, Gunmetal Alloy Rims, Silver Alloy Underguard, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Suspension Mounts, Silver Alloy Front and Rear Gearboxes, Super U Swamper Tires
RedRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.27, 09:10 AM   #9
TexasMonster

Send a message via AIM to TexasMonster
Quote:
17 kph (10.5 mph)
Max, was that with a stock motor or xspeed? also, what size pinon? could you maybe post a little table showing the different speeds with different pinions/motors?
TexasMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.04.28, 01:52 AM   #10
Max-Z

I like speed...even if it is a Monster...

I just retested my mini-z monster tonite on the Speed Checker. Here are my results:

Motor #1: X-Speed motor + 12T pinion + 2x4 FETS = 17 kph (top speed)
Motor #2: X-Speed motor + 12T pinion + 2x4 FETS = 14 kph (top speed)
Motor #3: S03 motor + 12T pinion + 2x4 FETS = 19 kph (top speed)

Before the FET upgrade, Motor #1 test result was:

Motor #1: X-Speed motor + 12T pinion + stock FETS = 17 kph (top speed)

Even though motor #1 and #2 are both X-Speeds, testing shows that you can be lucky and get a faster X-Speed motor. My tests also shows that FET upgrades do not do much to monsters running X-Speed motors.

The big surprise is that there was only a marginal increase in top speed from my faster X-Speed to the S03. I think that this due to the gear reducer that sits between the motor and differential. What normally would be huge difference in performance of mini-z racers/f1s, amounted to marginal increase of top speed in monsters. Having said this, most X-Speed motors are probably like my second X-Speed motor...so the 5 kph difference is significant. More significant is the torque of the S03....I always end up burning rubber when accelerating on pavement...so cool!
Old 2004.05.16, 02:13 AM   #11
allahsone

Send a message via AIM to allahsone
Quote:
I just retested my mini-z monster tonite on the Speed Checker. Here are my results:

Motor #1: X-Speed motor + 12T pinion + 2x4 FETS = 17 kph (top speed)
Motor #2: X-Speed motor + 12T pinion + 2x4 FETS = 14 kph (top speed)
Motor #3: S03 motor + 12T pinion + 2x4 FETS = 19 kph (top speed)

Before the FET upgrade, Motor #1 test result was:

Motor #1: X-Speed motor + 12T pinion + stock FETS = 17 kph (top speed)

Even though motor #1 and #2 are both X-Speeds, testing shows that you can be lucky and get a faster X-Speed motor. My tests also shows that FET upgrades do not do much to monsters running X-Speed motors.

The big surprise is that there was only a marginal increase in top speed from my faster X-Speed to the S03. I think that this due to the gear reducer that sits between the motor and differential. What normally would be huge difference in performance of mini-z racers/f1s, amounted to marginal increase of top speed in monsters. Having said this, most X-Speed motors are probably like my second X-Speed motor...so the 5 kph difference is significant. More significant is the torque of the S03....I always end up burning rubber when accelerating on pavement...so cool!
there must be something wrong. an so3 is way faster then that. getting only +2kmh. must be something wrong with the motor
allahsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.16, 05:40 PM   #12
Max-Z

A little dissappointing, but...

You know...those were my first thoughts too. However, these relatively low top speeds that I recorded can be explained by why a monster running an X-Speed motor can barely keep up with a racer running a stock motor (as reported by Ryutech.) On the flip side, there is a huge gap in acceleration between a stock-motored monster and an X-Speed-motored monster (as reported my TexasMonster.) In my testing, there is also a huge gap in acceleration between an X-Speed-motored monster and an S03-motored monster specially when using the large 12t pinion.

At one point, I was wondering too if I had a slow S03, but after I saw that Nanotech reported the same 31 km/h top speed using an 8t pinion and and an S03 motor on a racer it erased that doubt:

http://mini-zracing.com/archives/cat_parts_reviews.html
Old 2004.05.20, 10:44 PM   #13
micromonsterz

Send a message via Yahoo to micromonsterz
Should be the first upgrade to any monster.

The x-speed motor should be the first upgrade on any monster. Makes the whole fun factor just go straight up. It climbs, jumps and goes faster (obviously).

Its the must have hop-up on any monster. Just watch those walls until you upgrade other parts with alloy as im sure most in the forums will tell you.

cheers!!
micromonsterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.06.10, 01:38 AM   #14
Max-Z

One more thing...

The difference in acceleration and torque between the X-Speed and the S03 motor is so great that I can pop a wheelie from a standing start. This is done using the 12t pinion! So cool!
Old 2004.06.10, 09:53 PM   #15
Dracer07
MZM Master

Send a message via AIM to Dracer07
u dont need something really to fast in your monster. the XSpeed is faster than stock motor. i dont know exactly how fast but you can notice it. more torque and top end. all you need in the monster is prol. a FET stack and the Xspeed.