Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.26, 12:31 PM   #31
hrdrvr
MBMZR

I dont neccesarily like watching NASCAR, but I do love close racing, and thats what that class brings us. I like running F1 as well as the other classes, but racing in a cirlce keeps every one very tight and together all the time. It makes carry speed and good lines VERY important with every one under the same power.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.26, 12:39 PM   #32
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_england View Post
why does everyone like NASCAR so much anyway? its like formula one but with massive cars and you just go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round forever lol? im just wondering what makes it so apealing to you American people. no offence intended to people just confused hah
not ALL americans love nascar, but it may pick up some more fans with the additional road courses added. these are the ONLY ones i watch and frankly, i find it hilarious to see them run road course in comparison to any gt/lemans series events. in it's current form, nascar is silly to me. it was actually more appealing to me in the vintage days when car choice actually ment something more than stickers on a generic body shell. nascar has it's fans, that can not be denied. it's just racing to the lowest denominator to me.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.28, 12:47 PM   #33
chuckyluv

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckyluv
my rant!! growing up in Dover De. first job working the nascar races,attending them for 20 plus years and than moving to Fl and working 24 hour race and still attending NASCAR I agree with aRch2b.... it is not the same now as it was then!!!! the money spent to run below the POINTS BATTLE is senseless. Also the Tv ability to show close racing in oval format makes the sport more likeable to new race fans. Once someone attends DIRT track racing in the northeast PA DE NJ NY they will soon become dirt nuts and wonder why the corporate $$$$$ is in the Big Series and the local business money is at the friday/saturday night events.. big races/ big money big teams and boom competetion is for 12 spots but 43 show up to make a race.... they have lost so many converts to other forms of racing and are trying anyting to make a fan stay a fan...why do NAscar drivers own other racing venues and business not related to their main source of income???? Cause they are into racing and the chance see fans coming to and and buying their service or product but with the same interest not spending the silly money to keep race fans coming back!!!!!!!!!!
chuckyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.29, 06:10 AM   #34
byebye

Camio appearance by chuckyluv!

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.30, 12:28 AM   #35
Dusty Weasle
Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Funny thing, when I first got into R/C I was looking for NASCAR (1:10 scale was wildly expensive for my tastes) when I found Mini-Z's. As a result I got into sports car racing but looked forward to the Stock Cars being released. However when Kyosho finally did, there were few option parts and severely limited tire choices. It was clear there would be little support, so I saved my money and stuck with GT and F1 classes.

I've since become primarily a Formula 1 fan. The race format is perfect. Usually once ever two weeks and never more than two hours. Even qualifying is exciting. I still watch NASCAR but fast>forward through large chunks. The races are just too long and every week the time commitment is too much. As it is it takes me about three to four days to watch the race.

Paul... c'mon man... Cricket. That takes, like, a week to play. But while I was in England that's what was constantly on TV (that and Big Brother... and Football... followed by all night Big Brother).

(Note my tag line below. That is my explanation of NASCAR. The car is doing its damnedest to go straight into the wall. The skill of the driver finesses the car left.)
Dusty Weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.08, 01:31 PM   #36
paul_england
zip it up

i neither like cricket or baseball haha
although at least cricketers dont dress like fools .

+ f1 is guarenteed to be better, as nascar is less exciting than going to the dentist.

hmm...just maybe, they put the drivers on a circular track and tell them the first to get to the corner wins..? -.o
paul_england is offline   Reply With Quote