Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2018.09.28, 02:39 PM   #46
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I might have found a new old countache body in Delaware... probably won't have time to prep it though

Last edited by EMU; 2018.09.28 at 02:41 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.09.29, 10:28 AM   #47
EMU
EMUracing

Prepping the track into sectors for easy installation....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180928_232934_crop_859x567-800x528.jpg (85.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 2018.09.29, 11:11 AM   #48
byebye

I'm gonna try and make it. Most likely gonna run in all the classes if I can.

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.09.29, 11:27 AM   #49
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye View Post
I'm gonna try and make it. Most likely gonna run in all the classes if I can.

Kris
Nice! See you soon.

Drive safely...
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.09.29, 11:30 AM   #50
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 58686-800x600.jpeg (133.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 2018.09.30, 01:18 AM   #51
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

I want to thank all the racers who were able to come and enjoy the night. My bridge apparently needs a bit of work, it didn't do the job I expected. There is more than enough time to sort it out before the next gtg.

Poll time...

So here is the big question is which meat was best?
Chicken, pork or steak...
Old 2018.09.30, 01:22 AM   #52
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 58711-800x600(1).jpeg (127.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 2018.09.30, 01:23 AM   #53
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 58709-800x600.jpeg (146.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 2018.09.30, 02:53 AM   #54
EMU
EMUracing

I had a lot of fun tonight. Thanks to everyone that came, it was a nice way to celebrate my birthday

I did a lot of driving, I think i drove every heat.

Skinny was a lot of fun. I really liked the countache, but it's a risk/reward car. It's light, and low, but can get a little Darth. I really enjoyed the final run with you arch, some good driving, your car looked great for a debut.

KWT, it was great racing with you again. Glad that you and Austin came.

I think for future races, it might be more beneficial to reduce the amount of classes and run more rounds.

I felt that this was a good practice round, we have good logistics of setup and how to increase the efficiency of the process.

This was my first time driving smooth RCP. There is a different characteristic, and it definitely rolls faster. The cars carry more speed everywhere.

I can't thank BrandyWine Bikes enough for letting us host racing in the shop. I love bikes, and mini-z, and to be around both at the same time is a great experience.
Old 2018.09.30, 03:41 AM   #55
tommy_greeneyes

Had an awesome time thank you Shafiq for hosting. I definitely look forward to coming back. I don't care what we race long as we having a good time.
Old 2018.09.30, 11:06 AM   #56
KWT

We had a great time and I would like to thank everyone for their help. We look forward to future races there.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.09.30, 11:13 AM   #57
EMU
EMUracing

I forgot to answer the poll... I would vote for the chicken!
Old 2018.09.30, 02:10 PM   #58
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I had fun as well and that's most important is it not! Like anywhere, your going to run into snafu's and best to work out the kinks in a laid back environment such as last night. I would also recommend keeping a couple longer extension cords handy given the spare allocation of receptacles in the retail location. I've not seen a retail build out with so few receptacles in my experience but nothing that can't be overcome. I don't mind pitting out of my race box either but next those bench/stool seats were handy, comfy too. The tuff bit really is the 6pm start time. Easy enough to get there but the midnight 2 hour trek home is tuff, especially when no other passengers to keep you company. It's understandable though given the location and store hours. Better to start at 6pm than say 7-8pm. I'm more used to compact schedules after many years operating out of Hobby Works getting people in, race and out in about 4-6 hours. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to call, message, email.

I like the idea of the starting light on the top of the bridge... I know ZRound supports it, just never looked into myself. I would also run more testing on various sensor configurations of spacing, number of sensors, etc. I ended up lowering all my bridges and adjusting sensors from 3 to 2 (I-Lap). Routing out the majority of the side legs would also go a long way in improving sightlines. Pick up some of the RF blocking film and you can still use them as signal barriers, I posted details HERE.

Oh, trash cans... I only found one in my cautious search of the place and was hesitant to put food trash in it however I couldn't find any other suitable location to dispose of plates, utensils, etc.

I vote for chicken! I would have made the trip for the taco's alone

Agree'd, a bit too much for the full spread of classes although it was really nice to touch so many cars in my box for once. I believe I used every single one of them which is a first.

I've had a few run in's with RCP smooth side and that was by far the best experience I've had to date. My tire combo from Remnant worked great, albeit a bit too much bite with Kyosho 30 fronts as my cars rarely flip on Remnant track and even my 5500kv 90mm was cartwheeling which was entertaining. Also proved the body chop is plenty durable. I had to adjust throttle control for cornering to keep them in line which was a challenge for me as I have to get into that muscle memory grove and try not to fall back to normal operating mode.

I'm am thrilled with how well the championship truck did for it's entry in it's first race, despite my McGyver ballast that kept coming loose. I've already ordered some wheel weights to take care of that. It's always more fun to have someone pushing you on the track as well Nothing more fun than tight racing. Wish I could have provided more of that more consistently through the night. Look for the Champion Truck class to become a standard class at Remnant! I'm very much tempted to swap my 'skinny' over to the Countach again after seeing Eugene run his.

Wish I had some better advise for Sal. Something was just off with that MR-02. The reverse delay was killing you and it was unusually slow. You may want to look at swapping in a DasMikro PCB if attached to the chassis and all the goodies it already has. It's a competitive chassis for sure as I know others that are still running similar cars.

I recorded a couple of the races but missed most of them due to no power to draw from to keep the GoPro powered up and the battery dumps quickly recording at higher resolutions/frame rates.

Thanks for the shirt as well! Wearing it today actually.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.09.30, 03:05 PM   #59
EMU
EMUracing

Sal has a pn chassis in the works to make use with the sanwa radio that he has. The parts didn't arrive, so he drove the 02. I had dropped a brand new motor in it and broke it in a little. The car likely has a blown or loose contact because the power was very intermittent. I should have given him a different car to drive. The MR02 will need new electronics.

My vote for car of the night goes to that truck. It was amazing!
Old 2018.10.02, 04:37 PM   #60
EMU
EMUracing

Photos added...