Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.07.02, 01:35 AM   #1
tudor_47

after chassies upgrade to MR02 , Mr01 car turns wrong!

OK
I have updated my MR01 so that it is now a MR02 well not including the brakes then.....

When the electronics where in place in the MR01 Chassies all controls worked OK that is it turned and drove normally.

Now when the electronics are in the MR02 Chassies the car turns the wrong way! yes if I turn right the car goes to the left.!! forward and reverse works normally. I have a MR02 radio (both before and after the chassies change).

I have tried reversing the polarity on the servo engine and I have tried to reverse the polarity on the steering pot.

what can I do?
what can be wrong?

thanks!
/johnny
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.02, 02:21 AM   #2
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
The only thing wrong is that going from MR01 to MR02 you have added a servo saver, and on the MR02 the servo saver is set up so that what the servo movement at the bottom is backward from the output at the top. I know, it can be funny at first.

Here!! somewhere in this thread me and some others talked about this very thing. hit this!!

One other thing I think the motor and the VR or pot has to work together, that is if you change the motor and not the pot it will just go to one side and stay there. Also you said you reversed the poles, did you do it at the board or at the device end? the motor should be ok, but the pot may need the jumper moved over.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2004.07.02 at 03:04 AM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.02, 02:42 AM   #3
herman

if you had the tx for the mr01 you can just switch the reverse switch on top to reverse steering...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.07.05, 12:13 AM   #4
tudor_47

HammerZ

I will try out your medicin.

I did switch the cables at the board end but I have NOT, yet, tried to alter that cables on the pot and that is next!
I say thanks in advance and get back to you with the results

/Johnny
Old 2004.07.05, 12:32 AM   #5
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman
if you had the tx for the mr01 you can just switch the reverse switch on top to reverse steering...
Or any other radio transmitter with the same option.
Old 2004.07.05, 09:18 PM   #6
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47
I did switch the cables at the board end but I have NOT, yet, tried to alter that cables on the pot and that is next!
I say thanks in advance and get back to you with the results
If that's the case, leave them and just cut the jumper on the orange wire and jump it to the green wire. And if the motor is reversed it should work out. I hope you get it straightened out soon.
good luck.
Old 2004.07.12, 12:41 AM   #7
tudor_47

everything is OK after medicin

Hi

THANKS to HAMMERZ for the medicin (how to reverse the servo)

MY car is now fully functional with MR01 electronins in a MR02 chassies !

I now have to figure out what damper to use as there is a MR01 engine support in the back and the chassies is MR02..... The engine support is Aluminium...

well it will be OK now!

Again THANKS!!!!
/Johnny, now turning the way I want