Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Motor Tech

Old 2005.06.04, 02:55 PM   #16
williams F1#3
Road Race Engineering

Send a message via AIM to williams F1#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogbreathRacing
Again I can not vouche for the safe, I don't have any with stock FETs,but according to the manufacturer...that armature is safe....from everything I have heard, Neo's actually reduce amp draw? That would make the motor even safer than with stock magnets.

I did drill my own blue can and it works well (I also run the PN/Atomic style mount)
Atomic mount with Blue Power SE

....AND......

...You can get the Blue Power SE built in an Atomic BB can with Neos...it's a couple dollars more but should be worth it for the can and mags. You just have to ask for it built that way. Tell Thomas that Dogbreath sent ya.....

Hope this helped....
I would have drilled it myself but......i'm too lazy.
I've heard the same about neos, loads more torque, but they reduce top speed. Whats nice about the atomic can is it comes with neos already installed. i also picked up a 10t to make up for the lost top speed(always thinkin )

WilliamsF1#3's Gallery

Looking for a 01 Porsche body.
williams F1#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.05, 03:31 AM   #17
minizworkshop

I do not recommend using Neo in stock class motor because it's acceleration become not linear, that's why you cannot find one in my website. If you're my old customer, you should know that the 1st version of blue power is 45turns, but it's too close to fire the FET. Now, 47turns is really safe for stock Mini-Z. If you're using AD Band, you can try 44 turns too.
minizworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.05, 06:48 AM   #18
HaCo
02-Racer

I'm really happy with my bluepower motor: it's an excellent upgrade! At least as fast as an X-Speed and half the price here in Belgium! The only thing I noticed yesterday is that the motor wouldn't want to run: afther spinning the rear wheels myself a few times it would run again (maybe some oil on the brushes?). But I have to say, it has allready ran a lot and good!

I ordered silver brushes and bb for it, still waiting for it though... (from r_c_m_a_r_t)
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.06.05, 08:40 AM   #19
minizworkshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaCo
I'm really happy with my bluepower motor: it's an excellent upgrade! At least as fast as an X-Speed and half the price here in Belgium! The only thing I noticed yesterday is that the motor wouldn't want to run: afther spinning the rear wheels myself a few times it would run again (maybe some oil on the brushes?). But I have to say, it has allready ran a lot and good!

I ordered silver brushes and bb for it, still waiting for it though... (from r_c_m_a_r_t)

Simply drop some bearing oil and both end, it helps a lot.
minizworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.04, 05:36 PM   #20
Warchild

I've been racing with an IW Xspeed Plus in a IW02 (IRF7338 fets version). The car is really fast for the first 2-3 minutes but then the batteries and motor go really hot and it runs slower. After it cools down it runs fast again

I've recently received a Minizworkshop Blue Power Special Edition but hadn't the oportunity to try it on track.
Old 2005.07.04, 09:22 PM   #21
techno
Hopeless Z addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild
I've been racing with an IW Xspeed Plus in a IW02 (IRF7338 fets version). The car is really fast for the first 2-3 minutes but then the batteries and motor go really hot and it runs slower. After it cools down it runs fast again

I've recently received a Minizworkshop Blue Power Special Edition but hadn't the oportunity to try it on track.
sounds like your gear mesh might be to tight hotter motors pull more amps and heat the batteries and motor up
Old 2005.07.04, 11:49 PM   #22
TITANIUM
ready to race...

update.

Atomic stock is not the improvement I thought it would be......
Atomic T2 was even worse....
pn speed05 & NM are ok....
but,
I will just stick to kyosho stock & x-speed(in a BB can)
& PN S04 for my three class choices....
TITANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.05, 08:53 AM   #23
williams F1#3
Road Race Engineering

HeHe A mzw blue power stock se arm in a atm bb can has not failed me yet. It had too much torque for my mcl, i had to switch back to my enzo .

WilliamsF1#3's Gallery

Old 2005.07.05, 07:32 PM   #24
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
Quote:
A mzw blue power stock se arm in a atm bb can has not failed me yet
Yup, got to love that motor

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.07.05, 10:32 PM   #25
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryung
47turns blue power is a mature products, developed from our 45turns type s motor ( S tuned), in a balanced among price, performance and safe (to stock ESC). The drawback of this motor is the heat generated because of bushing used in the blue can. It can be solved by using full ball bearing can (atomic for better ventilation too). The use of big comm can increase the torque of the motor, hand wounding can increase the efficiency and top speed. Therefore, it would be better performance if I use atomic can, big silver comm and hand wounding. The drawback is...the cost, may rise to US$18.99. Therefore, I need more information from client before I start making.

I'm also thinking about stock motor for AD band esc.
yung sir, Which brand are you from? I'm very interested in your stock motor for AD band.

Chan.
Old 2005.07.06, 02:44 PM   #26
williams F1#3
Road Race Engineering

O ya, about the heat thing, i havent had a problem 'cause of the neos. I run it with a 10t and itsa perfect balence of tourque and top speed.

WilliamsF1#3's Gallery

Old 2005.07.08, 06:31 AM   #27
Warchild

So, Neos are safe with Stock fets?

What about the non linear acceleration? How does it affect the driving?

Regards
Old 2005.07.08, 10:29 AM   #28
williams F1#3
Road Race Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild
So, Neos are safe with Stock fets?

What about the non linear acceleration? How does it affect the driving?

Regards
Yes, they are safe as long as you dont go below 47 turns. 45 would be pushing it. Big time. Dont do it .

Acceleration is smooth as far as i can tell. i'll watch out for it next time i drive.

WilliamsF1#3's Gallery

Old 2005.07.29, 07:59 AM   #29
Warchild

I've finally tried my Minizworkshop Blue Power Special Edition. It doesn't have the same top speed as the Iwaver X-Speed, that isn't a surprise, but has lots of torque. The car is just much faster coming out of turns. The throttle is nice and linear, making the car more controlable.

With my actual driving skills, this compromise between speed and torque is just excellent.

The X-speed generated a lot of heat and consumed my batteries quick, this motor is quite cool and goes on and on and on...
Old 2005.09.05, 09:37 PM   #30
Ibrake Ifry

-from reading this thread i have understood that under 47 turns is pushing it. My question is how much current can the IWAVER 02 stock fets take?
-I wind my own motors with 30 gauge wire(the same wire used in the xspeed), and everytime i wind it, since I wind tightly, it always revs a little higher and draws more current.
for example if i wind 50 turns like the xspeed it will draw about 200ma more and spin faster(in a stock can). I will also be putting the motor in an atomic can with carbons and neos

also what do you guys mean by a motor being non-linear with neo magnets? I've always noticed that neo magnet motors just friggin take off! i guess it takes away some top end but i never noticed any significant changes in power?
Ibrake Ifry is offline   Reply With Quote