Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2019.02.10, 10:27 PM   #31
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
apologies, I have no issues with being the video guy but I'm no good at commentary Eugene and Mike are great at that stuff but certainly not me. Next time I'll do my best to get the post celebration credits. It's often hard to simply regather everyone at the end for group photos as everyone wants to crash, celebrate, pack up, etc.
Oh it wasn't criticism at all. On the contrary; I was so engrossed I felt like I was watching the Rolex 24 or something, figured you'd be right back after a commercial break

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.11, 02:18 AM   #32
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
After the race, we were all thoroughly exhausted. All you would have seen was people walking away and sitting down for a few minutes to regain strength to take the pictures.
Old 2019.02.11, 06:27 AM   #33
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Next time ill just turn the camera to focus on the space, not track and wrap up when people disappear.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.11, 01:24 PM   #34
MTseo

Sounds like a lot of fun. I didn't realize that it was being streamed I would have watched. My son is in basketball every weekend this time of year otherwise I would have tried to get a team together. Maybe next year.
Old 2019.02.11, 02:58 PM   #35
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
Oh it wasn't criticism at all. On the contrary; I was so engrossed I felt like I was watching the Rolex 24 or something, figured you'd be right back after a commercial break
How does the quality appear via streaming? How about the audio? I’ve never replayed the stream so not clear just how much comes through.
Old 2019.02.11, 03:16 PM   #36
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
How does the quality appear via streaming? How about the audio? I’ve never replayed the stream so not clear just how much comes through.
It wasn't terrible. It seems that it chooses to degrade quality over dropping frames or stuttering, so sometimes it got blurrier, sometimes sharper. Not sure how it was IRL, but it was difficult to differentiate the three not-blue cars. Audio was also not terrible, could make out most of what people were saying, but a little muffled and echo-ey.

I should have taken a screenshot.

It would be interesting to look into some kind of simulcasting system where you can show racing video along with leaderboard. I was curious what the lap count was, the gaps, how much time left, etc.

Sorry, don't mean to go so far down that rabbit hole, I just thought it was really cool to tune in and watch for a bit.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2019.02.11, 03:59 PM   #37
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
It would be interesting to look into some kind of simulcasting system where you can show racing video along with leaderboard. I was curious what the lap count was, the gaps, how much time left, etc.
livetimescoring & I believe also rcscoringpro have video overlay tools with scoreboard graphics displayed on the the video stream itself and of course on the event dashboard live position tables are available for viewing as well.

Last edited by mugler; 2019.02.11 at 04:02 PM.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.11, 06:39 PM   #38
GIHOSU
Unregistered Abuser

First and most importantly, thanks to the Remnant crew for a great race day. The food was delicious and plentiful as always and the welcoming atmosphere at the dining table is what I may enjoy most. Meeting Scott, the new guy, was great. I like that he drives a real car. Dude can wheel and fit in like it wasn't his first time at the rodeo.
Team EMU had a truncated practice day. Him and I deciding on which car to use for the race. We decided and I think we made a good choice. We also found out we were going to be a 3 man team instead of 4, it worked out ok so that was pleasing.
The racing was intense, driving 30+ minute runs was fun. It allowed me to get settled and crank out the laps. Batteries were pretty good for us except for a kinda flat pack for EMU.
We used my old Helios with a lipo battery so we didn't have to worry about Tx runtime, I think everyone else had to do a battery swap for the EX-6. We learned some new tricks for next time too.
My only thought is when is the next one? I have been sourcing alternate locations to maybe run Murdertown events in the summer and beyond and would plan a fall enduro without much arm twisting. Think hotel conference room with a 14-17 lap second track.
I wish I knew it was on ;b live so i could have let them know to watch, next time.
This was one for the books...
GIHOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.02.12, 06:33 AM   #39
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylorva View Post
It was a great time watching, that is a really good idea about the live time scoring and/or rcscoringpro stuff.
It looks intriging however it looks to take control over all content as a portal which is hard to let go of. I get it, in exchange you get a portal and format but looks like they retain the media. It doesn’t really get into the weeds on how this is all handled so would love to hear others feedback. The cost isn’t terrible either but another drain on the wallet. I would prefer to send media to one of the club channels/outlets vs. sending people to their website.
Old 2019.02.12, 10:39 AM   #40
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
It looks intriging however it looks to take control over all content as a portal which is hard to let go of. I get it, in exchange you get a portal and format but looks like they retain the media. It doesn’t really get into the weeds on how this is all handled so would love to hear others feedback. The cost isn’t terrible either but another drain on the wallet. I would prefer to send media to one of the club channels/outlets vs. sending people to their website.
I think the home-brew broadcast has its own endearing quality, and no one wants to spend the day being the A/V guy when you came to race and fiddle with cars.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
Old 2019.02.12, 11:14 AM   #41
arch2b

It’s more of a content ownership issue with me. I would want to see it ported to our site or media streams vs tied to their site. If they monitize their YouTube channel and only allow it to be shown on their channel, I’m not comfortable with that myself as it limits your marketing and advertising to links to external content owner who can do whatever they want with it. Lots of assumptions though as there is little info on how they handle that. I’m still working out how to watermark our videos. Premier is not easy to pick up and run with. I don’t want to trade content ownership for flashy screen and fees to boot. Just my thoughts.
Old 2019.02.12, 11:22 AM   #42
arch2b

Sorry to drag this off course...

Any tips or lessons learned? I’ll offer the following;
- Locktite the hub set screw
- have a spare transmitter battery stick if possible vs. having to pop out the cells and put new in
Old 2019.02.12, 11:26 AM   #43
Mike Keely

We ran the EX-6 with the energizer lithium batteries and we did not need to change the radio batteries.
Old 2019.02.12, 11:30 AM   #44
arch2b

Good call. Didn’t even consider that. Well worth the bit extra cost to run the whole time although not a big deal if timed well with a battery change anyway, which is what we did.
Old 2019.02.12, 11:37 AM   #45
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
I’m still working out how to watermark our videos. Premier is not easy to pick up and run with.
I can help you out, PM me.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z