Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.02.07, 05:20 PM   #1
FrankW1029

Proto-type class bodies for Mini-Z

was just looking at random r/c stuff and saw the Proto-type bodies that larger R/C have available such as the Audi R8, the Porsche GT1, the Panoz, etc

just wondering why hasn't we seen any of them for Mini-Z yet. I would think that the Proto-type bodies would be awesome for mini-z.

"sideways are just more fun"

Autoscales For Sale!
FrankW1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.07, 07:55 PM   #2
ChattavegasSE
Zoom Zoom!

Send a message via AIM to ChattavegasSE
The Atomic VDS bodies are as close as you're gonna get unless Kyosho picks up some new ASC's.
Old 2007.02.08, 04:24 PM   #3
FrankW1029

not really a fan of the Pan car body PN or Atomic has right now since it's too old school looking. I'm keeping my hopes up for the proto-types!!! LOL

"sideways are just more fun"

Autoscales For Sale!
FrankW1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.28, 10:55 AM   #4
soulstice

has anyone tried putting on a 1/24 scale slot car body(like the carrera audi r8) onto the f1 chassis?
Old 2007.03.28, 11:05 AM   #5
color01

I think the 1/28 LMP's (and similar bodies) would be too low for the 02 chassis to fit under successfully. F1 might be possible. That said, I'm pretty sure 1/24 models have been used. Somewhere on Mini-Z-Bar lie the pics...

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.28, 10:45 PM   #6
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstice
has anyone tried putting on a 1/24 scale slot car body(like the carrera audi r8) onto the f1 chassis?
Now I have a project idea to work on... I have used 'wing' slotcar bodies on MR02/CP2 conversions, but havent used an F1 chassis as the base. I think in some ways it will be harder, but you dont need as much room for the wheels to articulate...

Time to start hunting for some bodies... I do have an old Tamiya Tamtech Porsche body, Ill have to see how it fits. I think the wheelbase will be too short, but not certain. I think that most 1/24 cars have around 106-115mm wheelbase, while the F1 has 130mm wheelbase (just checked my Tamtech Porsche, and it is ~106mm).

I would love to setup a Bently

Last edited by EMU; 2007.03.28 at 11:06 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.29, 01:12 AM   #7
byebye

ON mini-z bar there was one. I know I'd like to have something like that. It would almost be a mould around the chassis with tall wide wheel arches.

I wasn't a fan of the VDS body but really liked the VDSII body lines. Reminded me of the car we are talking about but I don't like the bat mobile rear end. I know it has more to do with aerodynamics but if the rear end went flat straight back and had a nice lexan wing setup like the MRS4's I think it would be much more appealing.

If it was made of hard plastic like the VDS bodies they would be more durable and lighter weight and with the +3 wheels all around it would be very very quick and precise. I love the way the VDSII handles but I think it has a lot to do with the wheel offset. Oh the VDS bodies also sit very low and do not require shims to make it sit lower to look right. It's a true race body.

Cooldragon in Germany has made several prototype carbon bodies with the audi R8 style in mind. He called it the "mini-z condom" and it was too! He had to make some small cutouts in the body but in all it literally was moulded around the chassis.

-Byebye

Last edited by byebye; 2007.03.29 at 01:15 AM.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.29, 10:54 AM   #8
rkk

Send a message via MSN to rkk Send a message via Yahoo to rkk
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
Cooldragon in Germany has made several prototype carbon bodies with the audi R8 style in mind. He called it the "mini-z condom" and it was too! He had to make some small cutouts in the body but in all it literally was moulded around the chassis.

-Byebye
You wouldn't have a link to some pics, by chance, would you?
rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.30, 10:16 AM   #9
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkk
You wouldn't have a link to some pics, by chance, would you?
http://www.minizeta.com/foro/showthr...ght=cooldragon

I could have sworn there was another thread with some other bodies in it. This was the only one I could find. I dont know if hes ever posted something like that over here. If he has I havent seen it.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.03.30, 10:30 AM   #10
rkk

Send a message via MSN to rkk Send a message via Yahoo to rkk
OMG... That thing is dead sexy. The lexan was was great but the CF one just blows me away. I'd love to get my hands on a couple of those.
rkk is offline   Reply With Quote