Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2001.12.28, 04:03 AM   #1
mobieshine

Unhappy I want a mini z racer (full version)

Hello

I want to buy a mini z racer, but first I want to know more about them.

I have already bought a nitro car, but I was to fast, I was not informed about the high prices (repair), starting problemems,...

So now I want to know a few things.

1) Is it really nice to drive these things?
2) Can I drive them in the house (floor, table,...)?
3) Is it an expencive hobby?
4) Are these cars fast? (the ones you buy in the store)
5) Is kyosho a good brand?
6) How much do I have to pay for a car like that?
7) Are the cars for sale whitout remote control?

I hope to get an anwswer on my questions

THX...

Cobbie
Old 2001.12.28, 05:40 AM   #2
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
I moved this from the other thread, fits better in beginner, recomend the duplicuts of this question be removed from the other areas of forum...

It can be, if you take the time to get use to the downsizing... the first lap around your house/track will be rather uncontrollable, its kinda like the first time you play a Racing video game (gran torismo for example), sucks at first after awhile its easy.

On various flat surfaces, shag carpeting is TOTALY out... deep plush carpet with thick padding will warm up the motor, and drain the batteries faster, and in some cases not work becuase the spur gear is only 1 or 2mm off the ground... (lowest part of car other then wheels)

3) Is it an expencive hobby?

If you upgrade/repair it yes... lots of ppl have at least 300$ into the car.. the kit is 100 or so, another 50 for a charger, another 40 or more for one set of batteries, recomend at least 3 sets for the car.

They are reletively fast, fast enough if you hit a wall they WILL break... to some people like me they are plenty fast out of the box, and dont need a hot motor, I would rather use the longer runtime then faster run time... you would have to jog, or run to keep up with it.

They can be seen as good, but they like to charge more for the parts then the kit itself.

As said above kit, batteries, charger, extra parts (there are some that will break no matter what you do), will be upto 300$ but if you lucky you can fix it with house hold items.. servo gears use to be 15$ each set of 3, but are now only 5$ each set.

Kit only... even ifyou bought all the parts to build the car, its WAY cheaper to just buy the kit, the parts alone would make the car cost like 800$ hehe, kinda pathetic.

Its also a fragile car, the wires like to break easily, but if you never open the top cover that should not realy be a problem, however when the gears strip (I said when not if), the cover has to be removed, and thats when things start going wrong, its kinda like a chain reaction... but its also easy to fix, and if it does break they will replace the car (with receipt, and mail car to them), within 3 months.

See my mini-Z review on my site, Its not finished, but its a summory of what I went though getting this car... Some of your questions are answered there, and I am adding a list of parts that should be bought while you buy the kit... things like servo gears, bearings, locknuts, etc...

I have had problems with mine, but I still like it, I just wish I did not short out the reciever, range is very limited.
Old 2002.04.16, 01:35 AM   #3
xxtcrgp
Mini-Z Novice

good reveiw. Also thanks I forgot what your site was and I like it
xxtcrgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.04.16, 04:31 AM   #4
herman

hi cobbie...

looks like drac answered all your questions... i hope to shed some more light...

yep, but don't expect to be a michael shumacher right out of the box... oh yeah did i mention that they have an f-1 series? it does take a while learning how to drive these things...

yep, you can drive them in the house, but not on the table (it might fall off and break). i would suggest running it on smooth surfaces, thick carpet is a no no... or you can go to a track... check out www.connecticutspeedway.com it's a track that i frequent.

3) Is it an expensive hobby?
it all depends on you... kyosho and other manufacturers offer lots of hop up options for the mini-z... you can keep it stock, or go for the full hop up. i can say with some certainty, that they are cheaper than the bigger rc cars

yep... but fast is relative, what may be fast for you might not be fast for somebody else... if i remember it right, it can go up to 9-10 mph out of the box.

yep... they make lots of r/c cars, planes boats and models...
check out their website... it's in japanese though

www.kyosho.co.jp
or www.kyosho.com

like what? it all depends like drack said, and if you do plan on getting a kit, get rechargable nimh batteries, they come out cheaper in the long run.

yep but they would come out more expensive, since you would have to purchase a body, a pair of crystals, and a controller/transmitter... with a couple of bucks more, just get the kit...

hope this helps
herman is offline   Reply With Quote