Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2009.09.29, 02:21 AM   #16
Pierro

Hello pinwc4,

Have you finally got a kyosho transponder to work on the system?

Thanks a lot for you hard work.
Pierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.29, 03:50 AM   #17
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

ill donate a kyosho mini-z tag to you as soon as we get them in,if you dont have one already?
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.29, 10:20 PM   #18
pinwc4

I have not gotten it to work succesfully yet. At this point I think I need to get some other tags to get this work done. A Kyosho tag would be nice but the cost is high, I will probably just order some generic tags first and try to get those working first. If I can get generic ISO 14443 tags to work then they Kyosho ones should work.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.30, 03:13 AM   #19
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

pm me your address and ill send you one when they come in
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.30, 12:35 PM   #20
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2kompressor View Post
pm me your address and ill send you one when they come in
Thanks, I sent you my address.
Old 2009.10.03, 06:22 PM   #21
pinwc4

Good news everyone, I have found 3 generic tags that will not work. Thankfully 2 of them worked just enough for me to get some communication between my software and the Kyosho IC tag system. I still think I may need to get a Kyosho RFID tag to get this fully working correctly and to be able to test it.

Oh and in case anyone wonders even though the Kyosho software could recognize the generic tags it would not use it. Apparantly they have some scheme in place to prevent using standard ISO 14443 tags.

For those that have a Dnano or a Kyosho tag already can you tell me what the dimensions are in mm? I want to try to find a similar sized tag to buy online. 2 of the tags I have work but have way to little signal strength, I have to hold them on the antenna for it to pick them up at all. They are useless even when attached to the bottom of a car.

I think that based on what I am seeing and they way the Kyosho antenna is designed that the tags may have to be attached to the bottom of the car. They probably will not get picked up if they are installed up in the body like we did for the Core system. Once I get a good tag I will know for sure though.
Old 2009.10.03, 07:53 PM   #22
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Dumb question?

Just wondering if there is anyway to get the core system to read the new Kyosho tags? Have you or anyone tried this yet?

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.03, 08:01 PM   #23
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The transponder tag on the bottom of my Dnano is 16mm x 32mm. There is a number on it which reads E00401003551EA9D then separate but on the same line 8Y1. I hope this is of service to you.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.03, 09:03 PM   #24
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicsoul View Post
Just wondering if there is anyway to get the core system to read the new Kyosho tags? Have you or anyone tried this yet?

Jay
That will not work, while the tags operate on the same frequency, 13.56Mhz, they use different protocols. The core tags were based on ISO 15693 while the Kyosho system is ISO 14443. It is kind of like with RC radios, some communicate with AM and some with FM. So even if they are 75Mhz they will not work together.

Now why they would change like that I do not know, it especially does not make sense since both units were made by Core.

The RFID transceiver in the Kyosho unit is capable of both standards but I have yet to find a published protocol to communicate with it so getting it to work with the Core tags will be very difficult if it is even possible. They may not have implemented the ISO 15693 protocol in the microcontroller. I am still looking into this part.
Old 2009.10.03, 09:09 PM   #25
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
The transponder tag on the bottom of my Dnano is 16mm x 32mm. There is a number on it which reads E00401003551EA9D then separate but on the same line 8Y1. I hope this is of service to you.
Thanks for the info, that is what I needed. That is a fairly small tag.
Old 2009.10.05, 12:01 PM   #26
pinwc4

I got a little more progress done this weekend. I can now communicate with the Kyosho RFID lap counter to get tag UID's for creating and editing racers and can run a race with 1 racer. I do not have any collision detection done yet so races with multiple racers would probably not work well.
Old 2009.10.05, 02:41 PM   #27
kalou60

Oh yes
I am happy about your work.
I have try some generic tag with ic kyosho, the tag is detected but,the answers of IC is "the tag is broken".
I think there is a code in the tag for that the customers must buy the kyosho tags.
kalou60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.05, 05:35 PM   #28
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalou60 View Post
Oh yes
I am happy about your work.
I have try some generic tag with ic kyosho, the tag is detected but,the answers of IC is "the tag is broken".
I think there is a code in the tag for that the customers must buy the kyosho tags.
Yeah, they must be doing something to prevent just any standard tag from being used. Not really concerned about that though, just want to get my software working fully with it.

What tags did you use and how far above the antenna was it able to detect the tag?
Old 2009.10.05, 11:20 PM   #29
kalou60

This one at mouser.com
texas instrument:RI-I03-112A-03
kalou60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.06, 05:27 PM   #30
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalou60 View Post
This one at mouser.com
texas instrument:RI-I03-112A-03
Thanks, what kind of read range above the antenna do you get for it?

Also I am going to have to correct some of what I said in the above posts. I thought that Kyosho was using ISO14443 tags but they are not, they are using ISO15693 tags. I got my tags at home mixed up and they are not labeled. So it looks like we will be able to use the existing Core and generic tags we had been using with the Core Speedway lap counter with the Kyosho lap counter. I think the only thing I have left is to figure out how to silence a tag (or some other collision detection method).