Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.01.28, 11:19 PM   #1
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

Cool Anyone from Sydney, Australia ????

I'm looking for fellow mini-zers to setup a race club in sydney, aus.
luchiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.29, 05:42 AM   #2
aesch
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via ICQ to aesch Send a message via AIM to aesch Send a message via Yahoo to aesch
I'm in Syd, Oz. Havent had much time for club stuff though. Let me know how you go

Aesch

P.S. Where you gonna set it up?
aesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.29, 09:11 PM   #3
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

I live around the city area. Very close to Broadway shopping centre and I'm thinking of setting it up there as there is an indoor basketball court nearby.

Where do you live ??
Old 2002.01.29, 09:59 PM   #4
aesch
Mini-Z Pro

Send a message via ICQ to aesch Send a message via AIM to aesch Send a message via Yahoo to aesch
I'm in Balmain but I work north of the city

Aesch
Old 2002.01.29, 11:36 PM   #5
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

Talking

Thats great !!!!
Do you know anyone who owns a mini-z who lives around that area and interested in setting up a club or a race meeting ???
Do you race your mini or know where you can race them ???

Last edited by luchiano; 2002.01.29 at 11:40 PM.
Old 2002.01.30, 04:06 AM   #6
aesch
Mini-Z Pro

I own a Lancer, but hopefully soon to be an MR-S. The Lancer is ready to be repainted

I don't know anyone else in this area with a Mini-Z, but have a few friends who want 1. They still find the cost a bit prohibitive.

Try Wings and Things in Gladesville. Last time I went there, they mentioned that they have a track 'round the back.

I havent raced my Mini-Z. I use it primarily to tool around with and do jumps and stuff. Haven't really though of racing. My control isn't there yet

Aesch
Old 2002.01.30, 10:07 PM   #7
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

"jumps" are you sure that's recommended ?
Racing isnt about winning !!! its about having fun and trust me is not that hard !!! i dont know about u but i find it very boring to play by myself.

I own a mini F1 with a Ferrari Body on it. Havent touch it much thought cause I dont have the battery for it but it should arrive next wk (i bought it off the net from ebay much cheaper, about AU$5 for a 700 mah nimh AAA including the postage).
I'm thinking of maybe buying the new Ferrari Modenna mini, the body looks way cool !!!!
If your friends find the car a bit $$$ in oz then why not buy it off the net ?
I bought my off the net from HK, it cost me AU$300 including the postage to oz (express, 2 days). Hobbyco have it for $390 for the F1 version and they dont even have the Ferrari one.
http://mini-zone.************/ - here is a site that i find stuff to be cheaper. I didnt buy it off this site thought
or you can goto www.********* and check it out
Wingsnthings in gladesville ?? uhmmm, never been there, when was the last time did you visited ??
i have seen some of the other threads that you posted, my advice to you is dont buy stuff from the US or oz (althought it would be great for our economy)
I buy stuff for my 1/10 scale F1 and my mini F1 from either HK or Japan.
Hey, do u have the xspeed motor installed ? I'm curious how fast it can go with that motor. I've ran the standard motor b4 and find it quite fast to control in a small space area. Its even harder to control then my 1/10 scale F1 which can do some serious speed (60 ++ km/h)
Old 2002.01.30, 10:11 PM   #8
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

sorry about the site !!! it looks like the admi of this site has gone to some serious length to promote their site (i dont blame them)
if u want the site, just let me know your email and i will send them to you
Old 2002.01.30, 11:16 PM   #9
mini-z
Administrator

luchiano, please try to be a bit more thoughtful when posting, phrases like "my advice to you is dont buy stuff from the US " are rather offensive to us as our Shop finances the very forum to which you are posting. We ask that users not post pricing information and links to competitors. Please try to observe these requests in future!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.01.31, 05:46 AM   #10
aesch
Mini-Z Pro

Heya Luchiano,

No it isn't recommended, but it looks so preetty flying over the jump. Now you know why I'm looking an alloy parts

So long as it is fun, whether it is racing or just tooling around, that's what matters, fun!! I've been out of the RC scene for about 12 years or so,I'm just getting back into it, so I'm taking it slowly. My brain works so slow, I'm still getting the hang of lefts and rights when the car is coming towards you or going away

Glad to hear you are getting your 700mAH batts As for my friends, they have more important priorities, and I wont push them. They can come over and play with mine. I doubt that I'll stop at 1 car The Modena does look really good!! I'm still waiting for a Castrol Supra or something like that. (Hmmm, I must be a Toyota kind of guy)

Far as I know Wings in Gladesville was selling the F1 ones for the same price as the tintop ones. Went there last Sunday. It's on Victoria Road itself, near Freedom. They have heaps of Kyosho parts, but the prices for the parts are the same as every other shop I've been to. (Too expensive) They do not stock any other brands for mini-Zs

I checked out a few sites in HK and Japan, but the prices aren't that much cheaper than the States, and for some reason or other, the shipping costs seem ridiculously astronomical. Maybe I'm going to the wrong sites. Anyway, I don't mind buying stuff from this place, I've gained heaps of info from here, and if me buying stuff from them keeps the boards open, I don't mind paying a wee bit extra. Information is always precious. Being so new to the field, the information about what part is the same quality but x times cheaper is very helpful.

Anyways, let me know how you go with the club. I'll prolly join up sooner or later if you do start 1. Try Wings, they do have a few people who work there who have Mini-Zs and they do have a track, maybe they already have a club!!

Aesch

P.S. No Xspeed as yet, gonna run the heck outta the original first

Last edited by aesch; 2002.01.31 at 06:32 AM.
Old 2002.01.31, 08:38 PM   #11
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

yeh...
well You r the only one that I know who owns a mini-z so it could be abit of a problem...
i will drop into wingsnthings and see wat happen.....
i will let u know how it go....
let me if u can persuade your friends to buy the mini-z...
i need ppl to join.......
Old 2002.02.03, 08:50 PM   #12
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

aesch
i drop into wingsnthings and they said that the track is only available to staff (rather stupid, they havent consider the benefit of ppl going there to race and buy stuff from them)
anyway, i think i will try to generate some interest by posting a flyer at hobbyco (not sure if they going to let me but i doubt that they will refuse)
i will keep in touch....
Old 2002.02.03, 09:11 PM   #13
aesch
Mini-Z Pro

That's stupid of Wings. They mentioned to me that they had a track 'round the back, and I should have a look. Guess that's all they wanted me to do, look.

I was reading on another messageboard where someone mentioned that they had mini-Zs (about 6 of them) and that they were in Sydney. If I can find it again, I'll let you know

Aesch
Old 2002.03.05, 06:02 PM   #14
luchiano
Mini-Z Pro

lilpiggi
Where exactly will the track be, in your area that is ?
Near Westfield shopping town ?
Old 2002.03.06, 04:10 AM   #15
DC2R
Mini-Z Novice

Send a message via ICQ to DC2R
Heya guys!..
i'm from Syd too
been on the search for a track to race on.. but haven't any luck
'lilpiggi' your from liverpool?
Kool, i live in fairfield

Keep us up to date with the tracks PLS!!..