Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.07.11, 05:02 PM   #1
WhiteSatin

96mm

So a number of bodies seem closer to 95/96mm than 94, to me, especially since so many are running 96mm setups in pan car now. Has anyone tried to make the MA010 96mm?

My first thought was fill the original holes in the chassis with some material (perhaps epoxy, or some other glue?), then drill a hole in the center of the 2 originals, then take a 98mm spur and cut off 2mm. Anyone think it's a good idea or anyone know if it's a bad idea?

Thanks guys
Chris
WhiteSatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.11, 05:24 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I use the Reflex Racing 96mm kit. The car runs better than 94 or 98mm.
Old 2009.07.11, 07:20 PM   #3
WhiteSatin

Didn't even know they made one... Thanks for the heads up!
WhiteSatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.12, 08:51 AM   #4
Hekyl

so now that we're on the topic of 96mm...

How do people like this configuration? What bodies are people using? Any setup tips?

I recently bought the RR kit but my track is closed till september and I am dying to try it out -- but atleast till then I can make some tweaks before hand.
Hekyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.12, 10:48 AM   #5
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekyl View Post
How do people like this configuration? What bodies are people using? Any setup tips?

I recently bought the RR kit but my track is closed till september and I am dying to try it out -- but atleast till then I can make some tweaks before hand.
The NSX is the best body right now and you dont even have to cut the wheel wells out for it. light blue rear springs with the appropriate pre load and green front springs. im goin back and forth on tires right now but i am really liking the wear charactersitics of the new PN 8 rears as well as the 20 fronts but the k30 slix have a little more front bite. i have been testing out the 07 350z but it has a little too much roll and i cant keep it from traction rolling. all in all the 96 is superior.

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.12, 11:33 AM   #6
CristianTabush

Below is the set-up that I ran at the KO Grand Prix. This set-up works very well most anywhere.

I think Marcus's choice of green spring is a little too soft, light purple ad black PN Springs are best. Greens makes the car a little too inconsistent. If you want to increase steering play around with your front droop and stroke settings. (up travel and down travel) Also, try to stick to Kyosho tires since PN tires are never the same batch to batch. Finally make sure your tires are glued to the wheels properly.

http://www.reflexracing.net/files/KOGP09.pdf
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.12, 11:37 AM   #7
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I was testing my car last week with the Aston Martin. It ran well, but I need to try the NSX. Im not planning to run the car for the PN race, so it will be on the backburner until after the race. I need to focus on the classes that I am running...

For springs, I think I have green in the rear, and white in the front... I am sure that a little tweaking with different springs will help get the car to rotate more. I have narrow 20d Kyosho rear, and narrow 40d slick-r in front.
Old 2009.07.13, 11:26 AM   #8
Hekyl

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the purple and black springs softer than the green ones mentioned in the above post? I assume we're talking about the PN Pro II and Pro III springs here?
Hekyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.13, 12:18 PM   #9
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ive been running the set up for a couple of weeks now, and am really impressed. Ive always felt 98mm was sluggish everywhere, and 94mm is a little tough to tame on big tracks, even with a wide body.

In 96mm Im running the 05 NSX, 1.5d K knucks all around, purple rear springs and metallic green front, ball diffs both ends and 0 toe. For wheels and tires Im using 3.5n with ATM40AW or K30 slicks up front, and 2.0w with K20s in the back.

LET's Go Racing!

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2009.07.13 at 02:18 PM.
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.13, 02:13 PM   #10
CristianTabush

The metallic green are stiffer, yet the regular greens are softer. The rating for the PN springs is as follows:
(soft) light blue>>>green>>>light purple>>>black>>>white>>>metallic red>>>metallic green>>>orange>>>dark blue>>>yellow>>>gold (hard)
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.13, 02:18 PM   #11
hrdrvr
MBMZR

In light of CTs last post, I edited my first post, to clarify that I am using the metallic green in front.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote