Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.11.24, 02:33 AM   #31
ruf
4play

So simple! Nice work!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.28, 03:35 PM   #32
unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q t View Post

How thick are those shims underneath the knuckles?
unwritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.28, 05:24 PM   #33
Q t

Send a message via Yahoo to Q t
well it was 4 on the bottom and 2 at the top but on the thanx giving race it was hard to race when i am running a new radio and new suspension system so couldnt tell a difference yet but i had to redo my shimming because it was too high in the fron i had to use the atomic 19mm s6 rims and i had to put 7 shims on the botton and nun on top to get the front low enough to be the same length off the ground but the shims are the pn m2 x 0.2mm shims
Q t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.28, 06:46 PM   #34
Felix2010

This FS is the best one I've seen so far. Are there any issues with the Rev. Kingpins scraping the track at ll? Or will most any tire last a good while before the tire ride-height becomes an issue with the bottom kingpin/spring assembly?

Anything good enough for 1/12th Scale Pan Car is good enough for me!!lol My only hesitations from ordering now are:

This 1st Gen Kingpin with 2 E-clips and not "One side E-clip. One side Flange" leaves me wondering if I should wait for the "V2"of this product? I like the product, but would want the simplest "Best" Version, I am not that good at changing parts out a super lot. I just want to assemble a Full-Reflex MR03 Front-End Kit and leave it alone, not have to wait for the V2 Kingpin with flanges or other minute but still significant changes, ya know what I'm saying?

Really cool FS though, I'm doing it to one car ASAP...
Old 2010.12.01, 01:40 AM   #35
unwritten

Any review on this product yet?
unwritten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.01, 10:32 AM   #36
CristianTabush

Well, first of all, if there is a V2, it will be a while. It is still not in the near future.

The good thing about it is that once set, you rarely have to change it around. If you have a set of flat pliers, this can be done quickly and with relative ease.

For reviews, mine is on the blog from the website, on the product page for the product and in several other posts on this thread. While I won't claim fantastic numbers from it, I can say this: Everyone who has used them correctly has switched all their cars over to them. It is very simple, low maintenance and the performance increase, due to the reduced slop and friction makes the car SUPER easy to drive. To the average guy, this usually means faster laps. For the Faster guys, this usually means more consistency.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.01, 02:13 PM   #37
hrdrvr
MBMZR

CT, I hate to see the flange is not in the near future. I wanted to come on here and defend the clips, but maybe reccomend if a flange is out of the question, the nmaybe abother option would be to leave the metal clip at the bottom and go to a plastic clip (only need a wider groove) on the top. This would mean you could leave the bottom one in place and only ever have to mess with a metal except on initla installation.

However, I cannot reccoemnd this set up as it is sold right now. I have about 2 hours running the car, when I came into a very odd occurence. The car would spin in one direction, like the body was dragging. I pulled it off the track and glanced at the bottom of it. The body was set right, so I dropped it back down. Same thing. I picked it up and rmeoved the body to find one of the arms all the way up...

I flippedd it back over to look at the spring situation only to find one of my E-clips was about to fall off.

Then, even worse, I found out what was causing the spin outs......

Now, I am short a spring and an e-clip The thing is, I dont know if Ill run this again, because of the same thing possibly happening again. The car was very consistant, and I love the reduced friction. I guess I need to order some more springs and try out Chad's method with the 02 king pin.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.01, 04:00 PM   #38
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
As I posted in the Myrtyle Beach thread, when I assemble this I glue the lower clip in place. Prevents many headaches...

Also, check your ride height (kingpin clearance), I had a couple issues with this until I set the ride height with enough clearance for the kingpins. I have one car with the clips glued (mosler) and one without (F40)... I have put a lot of packs through both without losing any clips. I use 18mm front wheels with ATM tires on the F40. 19mm wheels with trued K30 radials on the Mosler...
Old 2010.12.01, 04:47 PM   #39
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

just to put my info in. i like the setup. like ct said once its shimmed properly you really have no need to mess with it, other than cleaning. granted it is a pain to get the shimming right if you have to take it a part a few times to add are move shims to set tweak are preload. i have yet to have an e clip come off, i know mine were tight going on. i would like to see a plastic e clip be able to be used on top to help with maintenance. i also like using the taller delrin balls instead of the shorter ones provided, just allows me to use less shims. all in all i like it and i feel it will be even better if v2 has a few changes.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.02, 08:19 AM   #40
hrdrvr
MBMZR

EMU - I must have missed the thing about gluing the lower clips on. To be honest, without this happening to me, I probably wouldn't have put glue on there even with some one recommending it. I figured as hard as they were to put on, that they wouldn't come off, lol.

I think my clearance is pretty good. I didn't think it could even get onto one of my dots, especially with fairly narrow offsets (+1). Take a look at the pic below and tell me what you think. I could raise the ride height about a millimeter if this is a problem, but since I am running a taller body, I was shooting for a pretty low stance. I can always lower the body more in the front if I need to compensate.

Don't get me wrong guys, I think this is a great little set up, and has the potential to be the best suspension available. I wont say my lap times were a lower, but the car feels good, and from what I have talked about with others running it, it is very consistent, even track to track.

I went ahead and put my RR extra long spring over set up back on, and turned some laps with the car. I went down to a 1.117, while I only did a 1.138 with the spring under (very nominal difference). I got down to a 7.017 with different gearing and the spring under, so Ill see if I can break into the 6s with the spring over and similar gearing today. The car feels just as good, as this is the set up I have been running for a while now. The spring under is lighter and lower, which should allow me to run a lot better body selection on it, which makes it totally worth it to me. Also the peace of mind that there is less friction and a lower CG are big selling points to me....even if it doesn't prove to be "faster".

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.12.02, 09:20 AM   #41
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Will this setup work with Tire diameter about 22 - 22.5mm(trued down tires on 19mm wheels)?
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.02, 09:27 AM   #42
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

it looks to me that this setup in the pic above does not pass the diameter of the rim... so any tire size should work... please anyone correct me if im wrong

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.02, 09:28 AM   #43
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

and i believe those are 19mm rims on there in the pic

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.02, 09:45 AM   #44
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

My front tire looks like this and I wonder if it will rub

SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.02, 10:17 AM   #45
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ They are 19mm mantis wheels, and it is right at the lip of the wheel (as good as my eye can see it). On top of that, you can see I have right about 1mm of droop, which could be used as more clearance if shimmed out above the knuckle.

I have a variety of wheels and tires that I would be happy to post pics of to show people when I get my springs to replace the ones lost.

I went ahead and ordered a couple of more kits too, as Id like to try out Chad's mod with some 02 pins. That way, I can be testing an alternative if these clips wont stay on running over my track dots.

LET's Go Racing!