Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.11.05, 08:54 PM   #16
herman

can you pls post pics of your car? thanks
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.06, 07:07 AM   #17
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Hi herman

I will at the end of the week. I've just been busy with family, work and board preparation.

Cherub1m
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.06, 07:50 PM   #18
fangel

We are all waiting for your modified 02M, since not only have you mod it to make it better, but in your previous post, you feel that it is even better then a Mini-Z.
Really looking forward to your picture and more news from you.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.08, 12:08 PM   #19
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

My 02M mods

Hi everyone

You will notice several pictures of the mods on the 02M. However, few things i would like you to pay close attention to, is the back-end and the 4 screws on holding the shocks. You should see by switching the motor stays, the back-end now has a nice suspension travel also its the rear axel that moves up and down (this is not the case in the stock set-up). Also, the screws holding the shocks seem not tightened. I had to use ca glue to screw them down partialy and allow some play so that they do not bind. A little ca on the tips of the 4 screws works great i havent lost a screw since i did that. And last, the electronics. That is fairly self explanatory, they fit like they were made for the chassis.

As i mentioned before the car tested very well on a RCP track. Now has fangle mentioned i did say with these mods the car handle better then the miniz mr02. However, that was not a fair statement in my part because the stock miniz TX does not compare at all to the JR xs3 synthesized 75mhz TX. A good radio with many setting will help alot. When i get my Ko Propo i think things will be equal has far has handling except for 75 mhz FM is still better imo (but miniz will be 2.4ghz soon hint hint iwaver)

Let me know what you all think
Cherub1m
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5286.JPG (174.8 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg Copy IMG_5288a.JPG (290.2 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_5290.JPG (162.9 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_5274.JPG (160.4 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5273.JPG (154.7 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2007.11.08 at 12:42 PM.
Old 2007.11.08, 12:45 PM   #20
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

I could only upload 5 pics so here are the rest. These two pics are just to show the suspension travel of the back-end.

Have fun
Cherub1m
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_5291.JPG (99.6 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5292.JPG (110.5 KB, 129 views)
Old 2007.11.08, 12:47 PM   #21
zed

Hi,
I've been reading this forum for a while (I just started mini RCs), I have an iwaver 02M, did your modifications with the motor stays, it works great
I also changed the stock servo with a futaba 3110, it's much faster than the stock one, but makes some jittering sound when the radio is on and the steering in neutral, but that doesn't affect the steering at all, it's fine.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.08, 01:32 PM   #22
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Hi zed

Glad to hear it worked for you. The chassis has lots of potential. I hope iwaver considers putting this in there instruction manual. Getting ones car to handle is already hard enough, this added flaw makes it even more fustrating especialy for people that are new to RC's in general. As for your servo jittering i dont know much about the futaba 3110 but as you already noticed it does not effect your handling and if it stops after you run the car for awhile it could be to much current is going to the servo at full charge. However, iam not sure most of the miniz's do it. My Hitec hs 50 i have in the 02M does this very slight.

Thanks for letting me know of your modification
later
Cherub1m
Old 2007.11.09, 07:55 PM   #23
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Hi everyone

Update, I tested my 02M again today. I did some small changes. I got ATM wheels, -1 off set for front and +1 off set for rear and got a speedy 07 but did not have a chance to break it in for at the track but broke it in at home a few min ago. Well, at the track again the car ran so well i decided to race it tommorrow at Maj's place. I was planning to run the mr02 but i didnt because the stock radio is not very tunable and i get a glitch when going over the core lap counting system. And at this point i feel more comfortable with the 02M set up. At home i put the speedy 07 and man the car realy came alive ill see if i can hold on to it at the track tommorrow .

Note: If anyone tries the bane esc i mentioned before it handles 3.5amp continuous and 9amp peak. I also mentions it may handle modified motors. Well, it has come to my attention that some of the mod motors may have peaks much higher than 9 amp. So, if that is the case i dont think its a good idea to run this esc with mod motors. the speedy 07 is fast enough for me. Hopefully other stock clases will let me run this car now because it just as fast as stock miniz (bearings, speedy 07, alum. front knuckles graphite H-plate)

Later
Cherub1m

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2007.11.09 at 09:36 PM.
Old 2007.11.12, 10:18 AM   #24
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Just an update

I noticed after running the car with the banebot BB-3-9 esc at times i would get slowdown. Especialy after running for a long time(20-30min or many heats back to back) giving the car a rest or just driving slower or blipping the throttle would eventualy give me back the torque and speed, at first i thought it was my batteries but it would slow down and then give me back full speed. I am not sure what that was but my guess is probably the esc is getting hot. Ive talked to Frank from Atomic Mods about this he feels this could be the esc also. We also discussed the specs of the TGR Spinner esc. If the lenght fits my 02M I may give it a try.

Ill keep everyone posted
Cherub1m
Old 2007.11.12, 11:30 AM   #25
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Another update

I got a hold of the staff from Banebot's and there explanation of the slow down is because the BB-3-9 esc has a 5 volt cut off incorporated in the esc so using 4 Nimh AAA may give me 5-6 volts at the beginning, but as the batteries drain to its expected voltage of 4.8 volts the BB-3-9 esc wants to shut down. Basically i got lucky since i was using 1000 mah AAA Nimh's for the race, I was able to finish all the heats with just minor slowdown, for practice however, it was noticable since i would run for a longer time. Just a thought, since lithium gives less amp than Nimh's. I may try 2 AA lithium(7.2 to 7.4 volts) or 4 AAA lithium (14.4 to 14.8 volts) and of course reduce my throttle to 30% (or more ) to be able to drive it. 4 AAA would be easier to use because I dont have to mod or remove the battery holder. Well, most likely i will try the TGR Spinner from Atomic mods if it fits, i think all i need is an extra 8mm to between the battery holder (the lenght)

Ill keep everyone posted
Cherub1m

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2007.11.12 at 11:38 AM.
Old 2007.11.13, 11:46 AM   #26
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Well, I ordered the TGR Spinner. 4 AAA lipo would have been to much . I will save the Banebot BB-3-9 esc for if i ever use 2 AA lithium batteries since the 5 volt BEC will be great for keeping the lithium cell above 5 volts. Also BB-3-9 is causing slow down of the car when my Nimh batteries go down below 5 volts. I should get the TGR Spinner on thursday. Ill keep everyone posted. Man I hope I am not just posting to myself. I need some feed back people, and other ideas from others out there.

Thank you
Cherub1m

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2007.11.13 at 11:51 AM.
Old 2007.11.14, 08:35 PM   #27
fangel

Well you are not alone, just that all these upgrade has reach beyond my knowledge.
All I could do is read on and admire your 02M, and wishing I could get my hand on one of them. Since I couldn't test or feel the chassis, I really can't give any feed back.
MiniZracer.com Official iwaver "Ask" Forum
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap board
MiniZracer.com Official Firelap "Ask" Forum
fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.15, 02:45 AM   #28
Red Team

Send a message via Yahoo to Red Team
Well Cherub1m, definetely you are not alone...I'm reading this every day.
Our 02M's didn't arrive yet...I'm waiting them every day now. I'm interested also in the performance of the Spinner since I want to use it in the near future in a project I have in mind...so keep us informed !
Red Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.15, 03:27 AM   #29
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I have been thinking about building a IW 02 chassis out of the hop up parts for a little while. I have a spinner ESC, Spektrum RS3500 receiver that I started to setup a Unimax Radline AWD with, but havent completed. The IW-02 chassis sounds like it could be a serious mod class competitor...

If I were to want to run this with a Mini-Z body, would I need to get different clips? I noticed that there were two kinds of clips...
Old 2007.11.15, 09:47 AM   #30
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i am reading every post with interest even though i don't have an iwaver yet
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote