Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.05.06, 02:26 AM   #1
Programmers
iTomCash

April HFAY Results and S6 Info!

Gentlemen and gentlemen,
The season five, race 7 and 8 results have been posted:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/PointSeries/S...3/Default.aspx

Here's the overall standings:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/CurrentStandi...5/Default.aspx

Congratulations everyone.

I also know some of you don't have the chance/time to read other areas of this forum so much so I'll fill you in on season 6 and what's to come!

So as you know, it starts in July for a one month break in June.

This season there will be NO FET restrictions whatsoever and you will have to run a RTR motor or the new motor.

The new is a PN Stock motor. It's the PN have used for their championship for some time now and is apparently a good motor. Slightly faster than RTR motors I've been told. Here's more on that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
HFAY Spec, Tagged Motor. Cost will be $8.50

the motor will be a PN Racing Motor, Drilled Can,

Stats:
70 turn balanced armature
New endbell design for increased cooling
High performance carbon brushes

Performance – no load
Speed = 21,785 RPM +/- 1500
Current = 0.481 AMP
Finally in season 6, there will be an F1 class!! Same tracks as regular HFAY and it will just run along side it with the same rules. I don't know if we're running this yet but I'll find out shortly.
Programmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 10:19 AM   #2
575racer

Send a message via MSN to 575racer
well done peeps
Old 2008.05.06, 12:01 PM   #3
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Well done everyone,especially to the under 16 points leader......our very own 575racer!! WTG Lee!!!
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 12:08 PM   #4
575racer

Send a message via MSN to 575racer
thanks jayce you did awesome yourself
Old 2008.05.06, 01:21 PM   #5
Neomax
UK, Stafford Mini Z Racer

Send a message via AIM to Neomax
Yeah well done Liam, nice to see one of our's in front of everyone else in the respective class, keep it up mate!

Not so hot on this new system for HFAY, i think it's tosh really, going waayy too far away from the original idea of HFAY, it being "a hobby that everyone, any age, can compete in", what are we going to do about those of us who cant afford the 2.4gHz cars? And those of us who can't solder the FETs for upgrades? And those of us who can't control a super fast car, especially on a small track?
I guess this means they are going to increase the size of the tracks in respect of the car speed increase also!?
To be totally honest, i'm not so sure i'll be interested in running HFAY in light of these new changes. I always liked the RELAXED competative racing of HFAY, but now it's just going to be competative, it will take all the fun out of it. Just the surprisingly high amount of laps in some of the HFAY races has had me questioning the credibility of some people's submissions.
FET upgrades will start to get silly and they can make a big difference on the performance of a car, i remember running an X Speed with stock FETs and the difference it made when i had 4562's fitted, it was a MASSIVE difference.
This may tip the balance for me.
We'll have to see, but at the moment, i'm thinking i'm not going to run the next season.

Whats all you guys thoughts?

Laters...
Neomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 01:38 PM   #6
Programmers
iTomCash

They're not making the tracks bigger (fortunately)... I said that too - about FET's for beginners, it's just not cool. But they must let the hobby progress - that was the main argument.

As for FET's - it's all relative. No one said you've gotta run 4562's. I ran my 4562 car on a HFAY track and got less laps lol than my stock car. Just keep it relative and you'll have no problems I imagine.

The 2.4 pushes the limits of a HFAY track but there's a nice ratio of speed and space there. Perhaps look into getting a double 3010 stack car rather than 4562's? It's lovely in comparison. My dad has two now lol.

If you're really bothered by it, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea making a thread in the HFAY section about it. I doubt any of the decision makers will read this tread.
Old 2008.05.06, 02:00 PM   #7
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomax View Post
Yeah well done Liam, nice to see one of our's in front of everyone else in the respective class, keep it up mate!

Not so hot on this new system for HFAY, i think it's tosh really, going waayy too far away from the original idea of HFAY, it being "a hobby that everyone, any age, can compete in", what are we going to do about those of us who cant afford the 2.4gHz cars? And those of us who can't solder the FETs for upgrades? And those of us who can't control a super fast car, especially on a small track?
I guess this means they are going to increase the size of the tracks in respect of the car speed increase also!?
To be totally honest, i'm not so sure i'll be interested in running HFAY in light of these new changes. I always liked the RELAXED competative racing of HFAY, but now it's just going to be competative, it will take all the fun out of it. Just the surprisingly high amount of laps in some of the HFAY races has had me questioning the credibility of some people's submissions.
FET upgrades will start to get silly and they can make a big difference on the performance of a car, i remember running an X Speed with stock FETs and the difference it made when i had 4562's fitted, it was a MASSIVE difference.
This may tip the balance for me.
We'll have to see, but at the moment, i'm thinking i'm not going to run the next season.

Whats all you guys thoughts?

Laters...
Hey Neo,

Sorry to hear that you are considering not running HFAY next season. The main reason to allow any FET combinations is because we are basically turning the series into a Spec Motor class. It is very hard to police FETs but very easy to police the motor.

This motor is supposed to have a little less punch than the current motor and with the tracks being the same I suspect some of the fastest times will still be with 3010 FETs.

HFAY is really what you want it to be. There will always be super competative racers at the top of the standings no matter what the rules are. You will also always have a few guys that you are battling with from month to month that you may never actually meet in person. I can guarantee though, if you get to see some of the wicked fast guys (I don't include myself in that category) actually drive these things you will believe the lap counts. It's not about speed, it's about consistency. I watched all three of the DC guys get 91 laps this time around in the same heat and it just happened to be a perfect race for all three of them. They also drive together all of the time.

I'll encourage you to pick up a few of the new motors and put your best effort forward. I am pretty sure the new FET rules aren't going to change much in the standings. The lap counts will increase slightly for those who can handle it but overall, it will be very similar.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 02:40 PM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmers View Post
...If you're really bothered by it, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea making a thread in the HFAY section about it. I doubt any of the decision makers will read this tread.
decision maker. just wanted to clarify this.

ask your club judge to brief you on the discussions judges had. there was much debate and to repeat any info will offer me up to misquoting, etc. your club judge will know what went into the decision.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 02:46 PM   #9
Programmers
iTomCash

My mistake. I am a judge and my gathering from the discussion on 2.4 was that not allowing it would be holding back the hobbies progression. Spoon made some good points in the previous post however.
Old 2008.05.06, 02:50 PM   #10
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i think that was the overwhelming opinion, that restricting hfay to a specific chassis type/fet arrangement would do more harm than good.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 03:26 PM   #11
Programmers
iTomCash

Cheers for clearing that up.
Old 2008.05.06, 03:26 PM   #12
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Neomax, I wouldn't worry too much about the new FET rules.. True, they make a noticeable difference in the car's performance. However you've got to remember that the majority of the HFAY track designs are relatively low-speed tracks.. For HFAY season 3, before the new Atomic HFAY motors came out, the stock motors seemed to be the perfect amount of speed{for me at least}... When the Atomic season 4 motors came out, they felt way too fast and a few people in our'e HFAY club including myself were turning they're throttle trim on their radios down to as low as 50% to make the car more driveable...

Like Spoon said, being succesful in the HFAY series is more about driving consistently, not being the fastest car out there.. If other people in you're club decide to throw on something like a 2x6 stack and have a crazy fast car.. They're most likely going to be all over the track trying to control it..

Last edited by TALLGEESE; 2008.05.06 at 03:40 PM.
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 03:28 PM   #13
Programmers
iTomCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLGEESE View Post
Neomax, I wouldn't worry too much about the new FET rules.. True, they make a noticeable difference in the car's performance. However you've got to remember that the majority of the HFAY track designs are relatively low-speed tracks.. For HFAY season 3, before the new Atomic HFAY motors came out, the stock motors seemed to be the perfect amount of speed{for me at least}... When the Atomic season 4 motors came out, they felt way too fast and a few people in our'e HFAY club including myself were turning they're throttle trim on their radios down to as low as 50% to make the car more driveable...
We know so well about that. We ended up going back to the Kyosho stock lol.
Old 2008.05.06, 03:38 PM   #14
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmers View Post
We know so well about that. We ended up going back to the Kyosho stock lol.
Exactly, my advice to Neomax is to at least give the new HFAY season a chance.. You never know how well you're going to do until you get out there and try it for yourself, you just might like it...
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 04:36 PM   #15
briankstan

the reason that we went with a high turn motor is actually to limit the speed. with the 70 turn comm the motor will only spin so fast, basically once you reach that point, any additional power applied does nothing.

so rather thank limit the the boards and all the different fets, we went with the more simple solution, spec a slower motor.

Just because you can change the fets, doesn't mean you have to or even should.

I ran my car in the RXC race with this motor, and even though others had stacked fets with 4562's, or 3010, or were running the 2.4ghz, or AD boards. My single stack 3010 AM board was just as quick and could keep up with their cars. it really came down to driving. the more consistant drivers and those that could get their cars setup for the track simply completed more laps.

Last edited by briankstan; 2008.05.06 at 04:39 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote