Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2013.03.16, 08:42 PM   #46
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilldebrandt View Post
Cool, thanks Ray.
RMZR was represented well...
the real story for the day was team orange. they started off in last place and worked their wal all the way up to 3rd.! to top it off, they were a team of two! 2nd-5th were really all that was up for grabs. it was a forgone conclusion that team red/white would take 1st unless some failure or breakage took them out. i do have to say however that team rmzr gave it a hell of a chase

the battle was mainly between team orange and team yellow/white after team remnant had steering failures that took them out for a short bit. it's amazing that after 4 hours and 1700+ laps that these teams were only 7 laps apart!
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.16, 08:45 PM   #47
arch2b

really want to thank the Remnant crew for holding the event and opening their doors and providing lunch, etc. great bunch of guys and special recognition goes to Gary and Mike for helping to make this a success.

absolutely would not have been the same without the PA guys. if you know them you understand why it's always a pleasure to spend time with them and have some fun track time. we certainly appreciate the effort to make the trip and look forward to making it up north for an event.
Old 2013.03.16, 09:15 PM   #48
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Nice job by all!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.16, 09:37 PM   #49
imxlr8ed

So... 60x4=240/5=fourty eight back to back 5 minute races! Yeah... that was fun! Rough start for us but we got into the rhythm once everything became glued on properly! I am still rubbing the RCP dust out of my eyes as I type! I never saw reverse camber wear on an inside tire before, pretty cool! The outer one was down to the tire tape, and these were both new 30 degree tires when we started!

Just want to thank the Remnant gang for having us! I haven't been out to many events lately but this one was like I never left... you all made us feel right at home! Thanks for the hospitality, the grub, the laughs and the great racing! Once again I'm left wishing I live a few miles closer to somewhere else! We all had a great time and I know we all want to get together again soon!

And of course, if anyone wants to roadtrip up our way, you are all more than welcome to join us as well! I don't think it was more than 2 1/2 hours home... much less traffic at the evening hour surprisingly.

Also, for those who were interested in my parts, just click the shapeways link right in my signature below, and if you have any questions feel free to give me a call or just PM me here.

Big thanks again!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2013.03.16 at 09:41 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.16, 09:47 PM   #50
imxlr8ed

So we got beat by one full lap in 48 back to back 5 minute races!
For some strange reason, I had to see what it would've been like if they were broken down like this:

1888/48=39.3333

1827/48=38.0625

We got whooped in my book!

I think it would be awesome (and error revealing) to see a graph of the laps!

Here what you would call an even match:

1744/48=36.3333

1737/48=36.1875

Wow!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2013.03.16 at 10:04 PM.
Old 2013.03.16, 10:14 PM   #51
Mike Keely

It sounds like a good time was had by all. I know that we had a home field advantage. I also know that Ed's team had a few weird things happen that would have made it a lot closer if they had not happened.

I also need to give a shout out to Melvin. He drove very well.

I was very glad to see the two teams come from PA. The race would not have been the same or as much fun without them.

Saint also asked me to have everyone check their bags. He somehow ended up loosing his brown RX glasses some where.

Good racing today everyone. I hope to do it again with everyone again some time. Thanks MK
Old 2013.03.17, 08:41 AM   #52
arch2b

Melvin absolutely carried our team the gap between team orange and team yellow/white would have been much larger if Melvin had not taken the double shifts and triple at the end.

i don't have access to the race data being an hour away but next time i'm out there, i'll get everything to show the graphs, etc.
Old 2013.03.17, 09:03 AM   #53
racerquinn#1

thanks guys for having us and holding the event. i had a blast and im sure ed and dave did as well. everyone drove like they should, clean, kind, and very fast!!!

thanks guys
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
racerquinn#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.17, 07:43 PM   #54
shlm

Just wanted say thank you to all of you for being so welcoming. This was my first experience at an organized event is it was very fun, more so because of all of you. You guys have a great setup down there, very impressive.

Thanks you again for being fantastic hosts and making us feel welcomed!

Steven
shlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.18, 07:43 AM   #55
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
Just wanted to add my two cents; Great event, fun, clean, competitive racing. Great bunch of guys! Nice facility! Appreciated the hospitality and hope to do it again soon. Thanks again and no I'm not 65 Thanks again Dave.

Last edited by gasman1; 2013.03.18 at 07:47 AM.
gasman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.03.18, 08:25 AM   #56
briankstan

sounds like this was a great success. We'll have to try something similar sometimes. Our Typical endurance races are only an hour long, and we run back to back with Racer and F1, It would kind of be cool to have teams and share the car. I Might try to replicate something along the lines of this this summer.

did you guys have a set number of pit stops and driver changes? what about tires changes?
Old 2013.03.18, 09:02 AM   #57
imxlr8ed

No set stops... as I mentioned to a few down there, the "science" of it usually goes out the window after the first pit stop. All I can recommend is to keep track of your cells, and make sure they still have as much of their capacity as they should. Comm drops, oil the bushings at every stop and do not use motor spray unless there is an extreme dirt clog. If you do use it, make sure you oil the motor before you put it back down on the track!

I'm still amazed at what happened to our car with all those laps... I realized that the diff isn't really a diff anymore, it's pretty much a solid axle now... real clunky and gummy. I have no idea how we were getting around any turns with the diff in that condition!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2013.03.18, 12:14 PM   #58
arch2b

i've read of enduro events where pit stops were planned however our series generally leaves the means and methods up to the team as a strategy item. we talked about maybe implementing a night stage but i don't think we will get to the point where were dictating tire changes. this is i believe only, the 4th event since i started this effort and each time were learning new things, getting better and trying to take it up a notch. last time it was a super large layout, this time it was longer in duration.

in the end, i thought is was surprising how fast it seemed to go by. it certainly felt long when you were sticking for 20-40 minutes but overall, it went by quickly.

my strategy has always included; keep it simple, keep pit stops quick, keep it clean on the track and in general, enjoy yourself. if your not enjoying the event, what's the point really. i've never had an event i did not enjoy participating in despite not bringing home a trophy. that is in part why i've always enjoyed racing with the PA guys as they know how to have fun. in the past we've had greater participation from the region and i'd like to say i recall them all being fun however the bigger they get, the less i get to mingle.

one of the other key organization points the rules for the car. this also will contribute to the event by how you spec the cars. this year i went with a popular race body where as in years past i've selected something that maybe was less widely used. my choices this year were limited by time and what kyosho usa had in stock. who knows, i may just get to a 90mm enduro if you have not had a 90mm class, they are a lot of fun!

to the credit of the crew that helped keep this going, i don't think we had any timing issues this time. i will say i mandated clear windows in an effort to reduce potential problems. i can't say that made a difference but at $3 a car, it was worthwhile investment on my part to remove one more thing from the equation.

i also believe this was the first time the PA guys have run on the limited edition grey rcp track as well. i think this inventory may be useful in future events in planning for varying traction conditions through portions of the track.

lease i forget to mention, Team RMZR took home the best in show/concourse trophy! i'm waiting for others to share/upload pictures as i did not get any on this. also missed trophy pictures at the event banner and team signatures on the banner... i seemed to have forgotten all that in the relaxation at the end of the event.
Old 2013.03.18, 01:03 PM   #59
imxlr8ed

Yep... we all suffer from race induced brain farts. Majority of the drives home from events is spent should'a, could'a, would'a-ing... never fails!

The grey tiles were fine, that is one of those ultra-rare times when I went to a track and I didn't have to change a single thing about the car to run it!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2013.03.18, 03:28 PM   #60
racerquinn#1

see if this link works arch

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/rac...rary/rc%20cars
"The hard road is the better road" So as it is in my favorite sport of road racing, it is in my life. The best tracks are not the easy ones. Racing victoriously to the finish takes skill and knowledge. Followed by courage and determination. The more you navigate the hard turns the better you get at all of them. Follow good lines laid down before you and trust them. Put on the helmet and strap yourself in. Here we go!

-john webber (FB friend)
racerquinn#1 is offline   Reply With Quote