Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.05.25, 09:10 PM   #1
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

NEW CP Revolver Rims for the MR02

The new CP Revolver Rims are for the MR-02, the MR-015 and the IWAVER 02. These rims use Kyosho F1 mini-z tires to give your CP CUP CAR 2 the ultimate stock car look.

There are two types of CP Revolver Rims.
There are the 14mm front rims that use Kyosho F1 Mini-Z front tires.
And the 16mm rear rims that use Kyosho F1 Mini-Z rear tires.
The front rims also have a slot in the inside bearing seat so they can be mounted on the rear differential of a regular Mini-Z.

Because of the difference in the offset on the front and rear axles on all Mini-Z we recommend that you get a front and rear set of CP Revolver Rims for your CP CUP CAR 2 to keep the offsets right.

CP Revolver Rims will also fit on Kyosho F1 Mini-Z, MR01 and all IWAVERS.
The CP Revolver Rims will give these cars a ¼ inch wider stance. They are sold in pairs so if you want, you can get just two to put on the back of your Mini-Z and make it look like it has a big old set of Mickey Thompson drag slicks on it.

For complete info on the CP Revolver Rims go to WWW.MININASCAR.COM
CP products will also be available soon at mini-zracer.com
click here to see them

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Click here to see MINI NASCAR stile racing Video.
Blackno3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.25, 09:16 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
while i was privilidged to see images just prior to release, the spread on your website is very well done and new to see. lots of kudo's to your revamped website. well done and i look forward to both owning a set and seeing them in the shop
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.26, 09:13 AM   #3
El Tigre

The MR-02 1/24 conversion was cool, that is definitely on my list. Now I can mount those True Scale bodies to my 02. It's about time someone made a conversion that didnt require hacking a perfectly good chassis apart just so I can mount a GTP body on it. Not too fond of Nascar stuff, I get enough of the "Hillbilly Factor" around here enough as it is. The wheels are nice, will they correct the track width to fix the 1/24 width difference? Does using a F1 Ball Diff. make a difference? The guys at TC's race them, and have nothing but good things to say about them, and those guys are true "professionals".
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.05.27, 01:45 AM   #4
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

I’ve got some True Scale bodies that I’m going to be playing with soon as I can find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tigre
The wheels are nice, will they correct the track width to fix the 1/24 width difference? ".
Yes I’m going to do a True Scale body first my self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tigre
Does using a F1 Ball Diff. make a difference? ".
You do not need an F1 Ball Diff it would make it to wide. Allot of people are going to be digging out there MR01 Diff’s and motor pods out of there parts box’s and playing around with stuff.

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM

Old 2005.06.23, 11:56 PM   #5
solartech
r/c user

The revolver rims are nice I just recive a set. I will post a pictur of a custom painted cup car 2 , Painted by www.khkustom.com
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.23, 12:29 PM   #6
fast4buy
Custom Carpet Racer

Revolver rims trackwidth?

Hi,
can someone please tell me the track width of an MR02 based CPCup car 2 with revolver rims? What offset do these rims have? What are the alternatives for the CP cup car 2?
fast4buy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.23, 02:02 PM   #7
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I am not certain (will know more when I get my rims) But I think it is 76mm front and 80mm rear.

The standard MR02 has 70mm front track, so I subtract 17mm (8.5mm for each front wheel) and add 28mm (14mm for each front revolver). And get 76mm. The rear is 2mm wider for each wheel... I am assuming that the revolver wheels are 0mm offset.

Alternatives to the CP Cup Car 2 are Tagu's 1/24 conversion (which I dont think is as nice as the CP Cup Car 2) and modifying one on your own. The CP conversion is very easy to install, and protects the chassis with foam, so using thin lexan bodies is possible (I am planning on using some 1/24 slot car bodies on mine). Also the rear T-Plates that come with the conversion are great, the Mid motor T-plates are about 4mm longer than the standard RM T-Plate. The standard wheelbase of the CP Cup Car Kit is about 114mm. I am working on a rear dampening setup using a 102mm Atomic Damper plate with an RM rear shock mount (that attaches to the motormount) on a PN MM motormount. I will probably have to grind the shock mount a little to make room for the motor...

BlackNo3, is there any possibility of producing these wheels in plastic or delrin? I like the alloy, but prefer plastic wheels due to the weight and price.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.11.26, 02:40 AM   #8
Blackno3
Go fast, turn left

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
BlackNo3, is there any possibility of producing these wheels in plastic or delrin? I like the alloy, but prefer plastic wheels due to the weight and price.
Sorry but the price is because of CNC machining time that it takes to make them and not because of the price of the 6061-T6 aluminum ingots. The aluminum ingots only cost us about $.25 cents each but the machining time is about 20 minutes per rim.

WWW.MINI-NASCAR.COM