Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.09.25, 09:08 AM   #1
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

cp mini raceway

The oval at the cp mini raceway in undergoing a transformation. Seams like overlands are starting to be the craze there and Eric is installing jumps and obsticals to the large oval. I was last there on Friday and he was just starting this project. I plan on being thee tonight and running on this track (along with the weekly stock racing) I know a few people that go there frequently and read this forum so Trevor, is he done with the OL track and what is your impression. Also, I can expect to see you there tonight too right? looking for some racing of the OL's between the stock heats!
PAULANGELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.25, 09:20 AM   #2
metal_on_metal
Mini-Z Tuner

I'll be there to whup yer arse as usual, Paul

I was at the track on Monday night to do a little dialing-in of my racer and when that was sorted out played with the Overland on the new track for a while.

At that point in time the track was not complete. There are a few different jumps in various stages of completion.. ..I think he is still trying to hash out some of the details such as jump height, placement, etc.

Dunno how far things have come since then.

I'll have my truck with me tonight and hopefully get the chance to play around a bit between the heats and mains.

-Trevor
Old 2003.09.25, 09:36 AM   #3
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

how did your mod to the front knuckle go? last I knew, you had a broken one. I'll be there, have a secret wepon too. going to pay someone to knock off the competition .
Old 2003.09.25, 09:43 AM   #4
metal_on_metal
Mini-Z Tuner

I didn't wind up needing to do the mod since Eric had and extra set of OL knuckles in stock.

I'll try the mod sometime in the future however.. ..basically it involves swapping a racer knuckle for an OL one. Requires a little fabrication but I think it is doable.

You hired people to flip your car back onto its wheels every time you roll it over? Seems like gravity was your biggest competition last week LOL!!

-Trevor
Old 2003.09.25, 09:51 AM   #5
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Yea, that was something. Hope it dosn't happen this week. have to stay off the walls and away from the other racers. This is one case where it is better to give than receive
Old 2003.09.26, 01:56 AM   #6
herman

paulangelo...

what's the track surface made of? heard that one of the kyosho cup races was held over there... what were the rules? and what kind of lap counter was used? did they use the one from ko? i think they call it the arc-12 or something... i think i've read an article about it somewhere... guess i'll have to so some searching...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.26, 09:18 PM   #7
mini-z racing
Team Losi

Send a message via AIM to mini-z racing
today eric started to put rubber on the jumps. So when we move the jumps the rubber will adjust . So the jumps will be level.
www racingcity com
mini-z racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.27, 08:06 AM   #8
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

herman,

The track surface is plywood painted grey with sand mixed in. Yes they had the MiniZ Cup there this year and word has it, they will be there again next year. used transponders for the track. I think it started with a A. Hopefully someone else remembers. I really didn't like it. The extra weight and unreliability of it wasn't good for the races. In my opinion.
Old 2003.09.27, 12:26 PM   #9
herman

amb??? think i saw some pics... thanks for the info... putting the transponder on looks quite cumbersome... especially if you got most of the hop ups... saw a pic of one car with the transponder mounted on the hood...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.09.27, 06:45 PM   #10
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Yup, hard to get it under the body. I had mine on the trunk. really mesed up the handling. and sometimes it missed my laps. I really didn't like it.